Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unlocking a phone

Options
  • 28-08-2012 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

hi my friend gave me his old phone but its vodafone whereas im meteor so i need to unlock the phone to use it. someone said i can do it on the website but iv looked and cant find where.
    any help would be great :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

From Vodafone website;

You will need your friend to request the unlock code from his/her My Vodafone account. (prepay)

How do I unlock my phone so I can use it on another network?

If you want to put a SIM card from another network into your mobile, you may need to unlock your phone using its NAC (network access code).
    How to unlock your phone:

Step 1: Check if your mobile is locked. Try a SIM card from another network in your phone. If your phone still works, then it isn't locked and you don't need the NAC.
    Step 2: Get your NAC. You can get your NAC online in My Vodafone. Make sure to read the instructions to complete the form and check that you are eligible for an unlocking code.
    Step 3: Insert the NAC in your mobile. Be sure your Vodafone SIM card is in your mobile when you unlock it. View handset specific instructions about inserting the NAC in your phone.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

thanks so much for ur help :)

Advertisement