Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor Cat5

Options
  • 28-08-2012 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

Hi, I need to hook up outdoor cctv cameras. Using Cat5, for video only, (powered locally) max 200M. I was told there is an outdoor grade cable, looked around and price varies from €61+€7 del online to €130 in a shop. All say are "outdoor" but wondering is there a technical term to make sure I am getting the correct cable? Have ordinary type there at the moment but giving trouble,mind you it is not secured properly. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

no its just called outdoor cat5...
    If its been buried in the ground you would need to protect it in conduit or something.....

• Registered Users Posts: 21 tleech32

no its just called outdoor cat5...
    If its been buried in the ground you would need to protect it in conduit or something.....

You can also buy armoured car 5.

Advertisement