Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

marking schemes still not up ....

• 28-08-2012 10:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭

any1 know when there up :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭Ash_M

Don't they have to go through at least the first round of marking before those are released?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Ash_M wrote: »
    Don't they have to go through at least the first round of marking before those are released?
    ...Results were out two weeks ago? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭Ash_M

... Bork. I have no idea how I managed to think that. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭liverpool lad

Marking schemes appear on the website after people go back to view their papers. Either that weekend, or the monday/tuesday afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭aarond280

i don't think anyone really knows

• Advertisement

aarond280 wrote: »
    i don't think anyone really knows

I just let you know when they will be up, same as every year!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭aarond280

I just let you know when they will be up, same as every year!!
    ohhh .........

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

They are in the schools with the papers. I saw them in our place yesterday.

I'm sure they'll be up on the site soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

I'd imagine early next week...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

The LC marking schemes are on the website now! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭mathstalk

They're up!
    (Link)

Haha looks like they've been removed for some reason...weird. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭mathstalk

Make up your mind SEC! :confused:

They like to leave them until everyone has viewed the exam papers for rechecks, or just personal reasons, so that when you go in it is the first time you actually see the marking scheme. So if im correct, that happens this weekend? Friday and Saturday so it should be that weekend or early next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

They like to leave them until everyone has viewed the exam papers for rechecks, or just personal reasons, so that when you go in it is the first time you actually see the marking scheme. So if im correct, that happens this weekend? Friday and Saturday so it should be that weekend or early next week!

They're putting them up tomorrow. I asked and they said Thursday the 30th.
    They just uploaded them today for a while by mistake.

Geo10 wrote: »
    They're putting them up tomorrow. I asked and they said Thursday the 30th.
    They just uploaded them today for a while by mistake.

Oh Right, Thanks. That's earlier than I ever remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

there up:)

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭dubdub123

Can you bring these in with you when viewing scripts? My daughter is going in tomorrow to look at her French paper. Should she review the marking scheme beforehand? She got C3 but was expecting much higher in French. Anyone know if there's a high risk of the grade going down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

dubdub123 wrote: »
    Can you bring these in with you when viewing scripts? My daughter is going in tomorrow to look at her French paper. Should she review the marking scheme beforehand? She got C3 but was expecting much higher in French. Anyone know if there's a high risk of the grade going down?

I'm pretty sure there'll be a copy of the marking scheme there. She should ask her French teacher to go view it with her, she/he would have a better idea whether or not there is any point in appealing.

There'll be marking schemes there, no need to worry. There is that chance because the idea isn't actually to increase the grade but to ensure it was graded fairly, but her teacher would advise against a recheck if that could happen. The only thing with French is that you don't find out your oral score (you can only estimate it), but it gets rechecked too, so unless she's close to a C2 or there's some really obvious error it might be risky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭dubdub123

grand thanks. Her French teacher said she'll try to get there but may not be able to as she has an appt, so she may end up on her own. It's a pity the scripts weren't available for viewing during school hours while the staff are around. She doesn't need it for points for an offer but it's definitely a lot lower than she expected, but she did mention that the aural didn't go great, as the room next door had the CD on as well just out of synch so little difficult to hear. Will see what she reckons tomorrow night anyhow. Thanks

Advertisement