Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best value second hand scope 300-400

Options
  • 28-08-2012 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

hi All,

I want to buy some new glass or would spend 300-400 second hand.

I have a few hawkes and was considering the sidewinder 30 as I like the half mildot reticle and the SR12 one.

The rifle is to be used for hunting only and out to range of 100m

Anyone come across anything that would be found in the usual places, second hand for that price range?

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭johnfaul

I have a hawke sidewinder and for the money it is great the half mildot reticle is very nice too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Tikkat3

johnfaul wrote: »
    I have a hawke sidewinder and for the money it is great the half mildot reticle is very nice too

Hi John, Thanks a mill! I am looking at them as I have an endurance 30/30 but it has a fine reticle and I need something for hunting

Waiting on a reply from a UK company on shipping for the SW30 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭johnfaul

turrets are repeatable as well and glass is reasonable

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Tikkat3 wrote: »
    Waiting on a reply from a UK company on shipping for the SW30 :)
    Stakelums in Thurles supplied both of mine. €390 for the SW30 brand new.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Ezridax wrote: »

Thanks Ez, thats as cheap as anywhere and I would rather give my money to Sean when I am down next, will give him a call. Thank you.

• Advertisement

Ez, I meant to ask what mag that was for? I am looking for the 6-24 x 56.

I am down Seans way this week so I might pop into him and see what he has.

Thanks for the help

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I got the 6-24 & 8-32 x 56 ones.

not sure what if any he has in stock at the moment. He is off today so should be back. Best give a ring before traveling if it's a long drive.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

not sure what if any he has in stock at the moment. He is off today so should be back. Best give a ring before traveling if it's a long drive.

Thanks Ez, I have to go down there for work anyway so I will give him a shout.

The 6-24 is perfect for me as its going on the FAC air rifle and his price sounds very good.

Thank you.

Went in there today to get one of those in half mildot.

Last one was just sold but not collected and the next ones were due in but late and should be mid week.

Sean was very helpful and a thoroughly nice guy to chat with!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Tikkat3,
    What kind of shooting do you want to do: paper, large game, small game, general merriment?

I usually shop by reticle. That's why I love the Burris Fullfield selection. They are like reasonably priced Leupolds. Check out the ballistic plex reticle.

I have a bunch of Fullfields in the collection (I'm in the states). However, a few recent honorable mentions have made their way atop the rifles: Nikon Prostaff and a Sightron.

You should also check out the Redfield scopes. I think they are made under Leupold. The old ones, from decades ago, are still going and in demand in the States.

• Advertisement

FISMA wrote: »
    Tikkat3,
    What kind of shooting do you want to do: paper, large game, small game, general merriment?

I usually shop by reticle. That's why I love the Burris Fullfield selection. They are like reasonably priced Leupolds. Check out the ballistic plex reticle.

I have a bunch of Fullfields in the collection (I'm in the states). However, a few recent honorable mentions have made their way atop the rifles: Nikon Prostaff and a Sightron.

You should also check out the Redfield scopes. I think they are made under Leupold. The old ones, from decades ago, are still going and in demand in the States.

FISMA, I just want this for my AirArms S410 FAC air rifle to use for vermin control.

I am very tempted by a Sightron for my .223 though! I will keep an eye out for a Burris. I used to have a Black Diamond a few years ago.

Never researched the Redfields, but I will have a look on Ebay and see what is there. thanks.

Advertisement