Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registration fees and SUSI

• 28-08-2012 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Im trying to find out if registration fees are covered for postgrads that qualify to have their fees paid. Cant find an answer on studentfinance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Dougal McGuire

Im waiting on word back from the SUSI to see if I get my fees paid for. my parents earnings is below the threshold level for people that are getting their fees paid for so I should be ok, shouldnt I?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭Dannyg90

the registration fee is defo not covered even if you qualify to get your fees paid. SUSI gave me the wrong info twice before i found out I had to now find the 2250 registration after first being told that it would be covered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,096 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Im trying to find out if registration fees are covered for postgrads that qualify to have their fees paid. Cant find an answer on studentfinance.

No

SUSI will give you types of grant for postrgad courses

If you earn less than 31500 - SUSI will give you a grant of 2000 towards fees

If you earn less than 22000 and you receive a social welfare payment - SUSI will give you a grant towards fees of upto 6270

The registration fee is irrelevant

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭lauras91

I thought that the registration fee is included in the overall fee for postgrads? I haven't heard any mention of a registration fee (from NUI Maynooth)???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 machoorstewdint

No

If you earn less than 31500 - SUSI will give you a grant of 2000 towards fees

If you earn less than 22000 and you receive a social welfare payment - SUSI will give you a grant towards fees of upto 6270

Thanks for clarifying that, i didnt think the registration fee would be included but i was kinda hoping it would. Do you know if there is a minimum time period for being in receipt of social welfare like with Back to Education?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,096 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Thanks for clarifying that, i didnt think the registration fee would be included but i was kinda hoping it would. Do you know if there is a minimum time period for being in receipt of social welfare like with Back to Education?

No. You have to be in receipt of a payment on Dec 31st 2011
    (7) It is a condition of receiving a special rate of maintenance grant that an applicant’s reckonable income must include, on the specified date, one of the eligible payments as provided for in Schedule 2.

As at 31 December 2011, the reckonable income must include one of the eligible payments listed in this Schedule

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement