Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever been on TV??

• 28-08-2012 10:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭

I remember when I was about 11 being in the studio in RTE for a Saturday morning children's programme called 'TX'. In the studio they'd have a load of kids sitting up behind the couch where they'd interview guests. I remember the boyband of the day OTT being on the programme that day(this was around 1996 or 1997). I also remember briefly appearing on some other show having been recorded singing 'Wonderwall' for about 10 seconds with one of my other dumbass mates in a shopping centre in Athlone.

So, whether it was standing behind your county's GAA manager after a game staring down the camera like a tool, or being led out of the Special Criminal Court with a copy of The Sun covering your face, have you ever been on TV??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Might be on Instrumental soon enough, as a guy who showed up and didn't get a place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Yes ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I was in the audience for a Jason Byrne gig being filmed for a series on RTE.

It screams funny already amiright????

I have a horribly obnoxious loud cackle/snort for a laugh. So of course he starts taking the piss out of me. My parents still have it at home :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Yup, i've been on several Tv stations in fact ... none of which were crime related strangle enough ....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

No but I was on the radio, got nervous and swore a LOT!

God knows how bad I'd be if you stuck a fecking camera infront of me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

I will hopefully make my TV debut on TV3 by the end of the week :D

Yep. Was a guest on Open House & Ireland AM. Was also on Jo Maxi when I was ickle :o

mr.jingle wrote: »
    I will hopefully make my TV debut on TV3 by the end of the week :D

New series of tallafornia starting I assume?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

1ZRed wrote: »
    New series of tallafornia starting I assume?

No it's sports related not sure which program yet but all i know is it's about a 5minute slot.

If i was ever on that Tallfornia show i'd shamefully leave my house and burn all my belongings and just fade away into the background forever never to be seen again, unless you have sky record well then you could see me pretty much anytime you want!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Yes, but not in Ireland yet.

Biggest audience, I guess, during a Championsleague match, I was waving one of those gigantic flags on the pitch of Borussia Dortmund's stadium five minutes before the match started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

i had my letter red out on that strange looking fellas show that usta be on tv years ago on a saturday night after the news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Only the back of me, and I was wearing a hoodie!

I have a deeply repressed memory..
    When I was in 5th class we all had to be those eejits for one of the Beo go Deo Irish religious videos (if anyone is familiar with them). I didn't know if this counts, but I still have the video at home and it's damn shameful.

Thankfully though, I have no VCR to view it anymore :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

I was an extra in Fair City, was in the audience of a few tv shows, also was in the opening credits of a tv show and a blink and you miss me moment in a documentary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

in the crowd at a festival/ rave (homelands back in 2000)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Oh, shít, sorry!!!!

MODS, PLEASE CLOSE THE THREAD! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

in the crowd at a festival/ rave (homelands back in 2000)

Me too glad it wasnt a close up on my face :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

No ,but I had my photofit on Garda Patrol in 1982.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭marozz

Years ago there was a fire on O'Connell Street, Dublin ( Burger King I think ) . I was one of the onlookers and I started waving at the news camera. I was on the mitch from school that day, so I was ****ting myself watching the news that evening as I was convinced my parents would notice me waving in the backround. Luckily, they didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I was on Nationwide back in the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I was on BBC walking. Nearly went to audition as an extra for some viking show being done in wicklow but college got in the way of my acting future, people thought I had a good chance too :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

My picture was on Crimecall a few times. Never prosecuted though bitches! I also presented the Late Late Show for 10 years.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Yep was an extra a fair few times on Fair City...swigging drinks in McCoys or eating in the Hungry Pig, lol. Also was in 2 episodes of Camelot with Joseph Fiennes (swoon) and Eva Green and had about 1.1 seconds of screentime in an episode of The Tudors :D Not with JRM unfortunately
    Good times though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭maddragon

Yes, I'll sleep anywhere when I'm drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

I always seem to match the photofit guys on crimecall, it must be the shaved head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

No, but I'm on google street view

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

4 times on RTE. Two individual interviews. Radio 3 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I was interviewed on TG4 for my opinion of "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" on the way out of the screen in the cinema, alongside another Irish guy and the only other person willing to volunteer who was a French guy who didn't really know what was going on and only uttered the word "ocht," which had been fed to him, when asked to give a rating for the film.

I was also in a documentary on Japanese TV. I was teaching a group of kids who'd come here to learn English, and their trip was being filmed for the documentary. The cameraman was in class the whole time everyday, filming me struggle to get these incredibly shy ten-year olds to speak!

I haven't seen it, but I'd imagine I'm now pretty big in Japan. :pac:
    none of which were crime related strangle enough ....

I don't believe you: that's one hell of a freudian slip.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Yes, a couple of news items and a few morning programmes.
    (Mostly to do with cuts and Crumlin Hospital)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I was on Scratch Saturday once. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Yes - a few times

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Biggins wrote: »
    (Mostly to do with cuts and Crumlin Hospital)
    Get many stitches?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Back in the day, TG4 used to run a segment on their Gaa show previewing the weekend games, and part of this at the end of the show they used to have kids predicting the score of games.

The TG4 lads turned up at our u8 training session, asked did anyone have a word of Irish, and being the fearless 7 year old that I was I was one of the few who gave my opinion on the Kerry vs Armagh All Ireland in 02. I believe I predicted something along the line of " cuig cul agus secht deag cuilin!" Needless to say we ended up being beaten in a close game:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Yes a few times. As a child on a UTV Sat morning show that came to Enniskillen, I was in the crowd and Ben from Curiosity Killed the Cat came walking over to me and I was on the telly then.

Was clearly visible in a video at a concert.

Was filmed working in my office for a german tv show.

Had to do an interview on Nationwide and was then on it again when my dad was part of a show about old feckers running!

Most recently (2 years ago almost!) I was on the news and MNS when I got caught up in a wall collapsing at a football match.

Will be on tv in Oct soon as my son went to a debs last week with a girl who was being filmed by TV3.

I will sign autographs for €5. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

4 times on RTE. Two individual interviews. Radio 3 times.

Bah. 11.3 inches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I was on Sattitude on RTE when I was about 11. I remember thinking how crap the whole thing was but the producer/director or whoever he was kept shouting at us to look happy and cheerful :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

A couple of years ago I featured in a documentry made by RTE about the Grove disco that used to be on in Raheny. They needed some youths to party on down for some re-enactment footage.

I sold a load of old worn out band tshirts to a woman from RTE who said she wanted them for something Pat Shortt was doing. €150 for a few old tshirts I didn't wear anymore. I was rich for that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 baradarcy

I got to be on 'The Works' for 4 minutes because they were coming over to my house to do an animation with my big sister :D and also, I think I read a poem on the radio (not mine though) and talked about computers(?) for some kids program :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

Anyone old enough here might remember the antique restoration slot on The Late Late Show, it was basically touching up bits of junk to make it look resalable, my dad who was an artist restored an oil painting. I was a grinning kid in the audience, my 2 second shot of TV fame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I was on tv once when I was at a match in Croke Park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Yeah I was on TV once, just the one mind you. The manager of Power City told me to get out and don't come back.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

A few times during crowd close-ups in televised League of Ireland games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Yeah, been on the TV loads of times. ****ing horrible when you wake up with a sevear hangover AND a crippled back...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,592 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I was on "Joe Maxi" back in the 80s. Interviewed myself and my brother during our school lunch break if I remember correctly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Apparently I was spotted walking aroud the betting ring of The Curragh on RTE's racing coverage a few years ago!

I think RTE had to cut the broadcast short and apologise for any disturbing scenes and for not warning of viewer discretion :(:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

antodeco wrote: »
    I was on "Joe Maxi" back in the 80s. Interviewed myself and my brother during our school lunch break if I remember correctly!

You interviewed yourself? :confused: How did that go? Doubt there were many startling revelations :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement