Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank System Outage - Aftermath thread

1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭OU812

Finally settled today. Refused two previous offers. Very happy with today's offer. Money will be paid in about ten days (auth required). Well done everybody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I was hoping i would never have to post here again, but there you go...
    I only use Ulster account to pay off my credit card. Salary and DD/SO all set up with Permanent. Transferred 100E on Tuesday from Permanent to UB. Money available on Thursday in UB. Used android app to transfer money from current to credit card account. Didn't work. Tried it again - it didn't work again. Decided to give it another go later. Third attempt succesful - current account balance updated, nothing to worry about(altough it takes them few days to credit card account, they do adjust any interest and charges as it was paid on that day).
    Friday comes - available balance -200E(OD)...WTF???
    No overdraft is set up on this account.
    Today, this morning -25.40E(OD)

I do regret i was dstupid enough not to ask for compensation now.
    Will call them tomorrow and expect it to be sorted at the time of the call.
    Never had any charges, always pay on time, and do not like to see those charges on my statement. Can't figure out what the charge is for, there is no description yet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

I remember them saying something about some interest on savings on the 30th of November or something, anyone get this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭filbert the fox

Is there any chance that the overall picture can be considered by people contemplating compensation?

Or is it a free for all?
    there is very little adversarial comment on posts boasting that they got cash for effectively nothing.

Chickens finally come home to roost....thanks compensation junkies :mad:

https://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/ulster-bank-to-bring-in-transaction-charges-for-customers-37807132.html

From 2012:
    Compensation Culture
    Can I ask all of those compensated or considering compensation claims one question?
    Where do you think the money comes from?

I was an NIB customer for 21 years and in the last 3 months moved to Ulster Bank to avail of free banking after NIB announced the introduction of fees. Now, it took a lot of effort and not a little frustration to go through the process of transferring accounts and some Direct Debits did not go through smoothly. The result of this was that I had to wait a while and everything was sorted out eventually. No fees were incurred, no penalties, no loss to third parties.
    Yes I had some glitches when Ulster Bank went down too but no lifelong effects.

The current unchallenged assumption that compenstion should be claimed and paid out for the Ulster Bank meltdown (even in cases where no inconvenience has occurred) has my blood boiling.

I would imagine that later on this year at their AGM the parent company will look at the extraordinary payments for 2012 incurred as losses due to this compensation and conclude that the only option to satisfy shareholders is to introduce fees. (for everyone)

We all will be relying on banks for most of our lifetimes. What is €200 to €300 over 35 years?

There isn't a pot of money out there....it has to be found somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Chickens finally come home to roost....thanks compensation junkies :mad:

https://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/ulster-bank-to-bring-in-transaction-charges-for-customers-37807132.html

From 2012:
    Compensation Culture
    Can I ask all of those compensated or considering compensation claims one question?
    Where do you think the money comes from?

I was an NIB customer for 21 years and in the last 3 months moved to Ulster Bank to avail of free banking after NIB announced the introduction of fees. Now, it took a lot of effort and not a little frustration to go through the process of transferring accounts and some Direct Debits did not go through smoothly. The result of this was that I had to wait a while and everything was sorted out eventually. No fees were incurred, no penalties, no loss to third parties.
    Yes I had some glitches when Ulster Bank went down too but no lifelong effects.

The current unchallenged assumption that compenstion should be claimed and paid out for the Ulster Bank meltdown (even in cases where no inconvenience has occurred) has my blood boiling.

I would imagine that later on this year at their AGM the parent company will look at the extraordinary payments for 2012 incurred as losses due to this compensation and conclude that the only option to satisfy shareholders is to introduce fees. (for everyone)

We all will be relying on banks for most of our lifetimes. What is €200 to €300 over 35 years?

There isn't a pot of money out there....it has to be found somewhere.

Your a little slow to this one :pac:
    Why the bold lettering ? A bit passive aggressive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,232 ✭✭✭MrVestek

So I'm not owed anything for the fact that my life was completely disrupted and the fact that I had to borrow money off of people in a new job that I barely knew thus damaging my own reputation?

I'm not owed anything for the fact that a holiday that I had planned at the time was completely ruined due to the incompetence of some random Indian tech crowd that couldn't figure out how to do the nightly backups correctly?

I'm at fault that Ulster Bank decided to outsource their experienced in-house IT team to a bunch of clowns that had no idea what they were doing?

No. No I'm not.

Feck off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭OU812

Wasn’t €200 or €300 for me.

You can add another zero to that figure x my business AND personal accounts the time.

I was VERY happy with the outcome and remain a very happy client.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Bump! I'm getting a consistent log in failure or incorrect log in when I have entered my details correctly. First is my unique 10 digit number with my birth date included, then there is the pin code used if contactless is not available or when withdrawing from an atm and then my own unique password to get in to view my transactions. Over the last few weeks I have been getting these log in errors when I have carefully entered the correct info. Anyone getting log in errors with their online Ulsterbank account? Its worrying as you only get a certain amount of logins before you will get locked out and will need to go to your local branch to sort it out.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

Is your browser storing any passwords or pins? It may be overwriting what you're entering.

If you have a smartphone you can use the app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Bump! I'm getting a consistent log in failure or incorrect log in when I have entered my details correctly. First is my unique 10 digit number with my birth date included, then there is the pin code used if contactless is not available or when withdrawing from an atm and then my own unique password to get in to view my transactions. Over the last few weeks I have been getting these log in errors when I have carefully entered the correct info. Anyone getting log in errors with their online Ulsterbank account? Its worrying as you only get a certain amount of logins before you will get locked out and will need to go to your local branch to sort it out.

Your PIN for online banking is not the same as that for your card when using it at an ATM / card machine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Your PIN for online banking is not the same as that for your card when using it at an ATM / card machine.

I don't get this I've been using this system for the last few years and its always been the pin number for your card, perhaps it could be others using the wifi in the house and it being overwhelmed or something, I don't know.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Is there a problem again expecting a payment this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

kerryjack wrote: »
    Is there a problem again expecting a payment this morning

Today is a European Bank Holiday

Advertisement