Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank System Outage - Aftermath thread

Comments

Didn't go into a branch so no 25 for me

Did get my overdraft fee refunded

I suppose I will be getting this

• An automatic one-off payment, which equates to an additional rate for 3 months
    of 0.06% Gross, 0.25% AER† (fixed) on the average daily balance between
    1 September and 30 November 2012, for those Personal and SME customers with
    a savings account. Only accounts open on the 19 June 2012 which are still open on
    the 30 November 2012 will receive the payment. This excludes tracker bonds and
    structured deposit products.

not exactly much

i might ring up:

If you are a Personal Current Account customer, who has not incurred any
    reasonable out of pocket expenses or does not qualify for the €25 automatic
    payment for visiting and transacting at a branch more frequently during the period
    of the incident, yet have suffered inconvenience, we would also be happy to discuss
    your individual circumstances. Please speak to a member of staff in your local
    branch or call us on 1800 205 100 (Monday to Saturday 8am – 6pm).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

This post has been deleted.

Absolutely worthwhile complaining. They're counting on most not complaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

UB failed to cancel a standing order (to PTSB) and my account is down to the tune of almost 2K (well 2K plus their 25 euro inconvenience amount)

So Ill be waiting for them to call me looking for the money back.

They were negligent in allowing the standing order go through so Ill let them sort it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

According to the business post they are saying the central bank did not approve ub's compensation package

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Floppybits

UB are having a laugh with this €25 payment. I am still waiting on a €250 payment that was made in the last week of june to be credited to my UB credit card. I have written a letter of complaint to them about this and the fact my wages were 2 weeks late getting to my account, another payment of €200 from my UB account to my UB credit card took another 3 weeks to be found and processed.

I doubt I will get the 25 euros either because I didn't go to a branch as I did most of my stuff online or via the telephone. I will be looking for significantly more that 25 euros to compensate me for their mess, which has still not been sorted properly.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

€25. brilliant :D

What happened to 150-300?

Time to move now people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭OU812

Here's what I want.

Expenses reimbursed.

In order to keep me, here's what they need to offer:

Adequate compensation
    Free ufirst gold account for life
    Reduce credit card fees.

It's not about money. Its about me not being able to access MY money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Floppybits

100gSoma wrote: »
    €25. brilliant :D

What happened to 150-300?

Time to move now people.

Oh I have a feeling the complaints office is going to be over run with letters now. how in the name of all that is holy did they come up with €25 compensation as a figure?

Ms. Clare Gleeson
    Head of Complaint Management ROI
    Ulster Bank Ireland Limited
    Complaint Handling Center
    1st Floor, Block D, George’s Quay
    Dublin 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I got 25E, too. To be honest i switched my banking elsewhere, so this account is idle for last 2 months - no credits/debits at all.
    And the balance is not correct anyway - i already called them, and told them there is one DD missing, and they can't locate it. Luckily for me it isn't credit that is missing, but i don't trust them anymore at all. Now - where to go with my late payment fee on credit card - always pay them online, and couldn't do that because there was no money available in the account?
    Always paid on time for last 2 years - they should have noticed by now it was late only when my account was messed up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭chasm

€25 for 7 weeks of incompetence, that's just over €3 a week Hahahaha Are they for real? I am one of those customers who did not even receive that paltry amount. So if you did not travel to the branch, you were not inconvenienced by their f*ck up! Nice try UB!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

It seems that visiting Ulsterbank online banking 10 times a day during the fiasco does not count. No €25 here. Only adds insult to injury anyway. Calling in today to close accounts.

Have a friend who's wedding day and honeymoon were severally impacted by this mess (12 guests could not attend as direct result and offered €500 max withdrawal when heading off for 3 weeks!). She's been told she will not be compensated as she's not 'out of pocket'.

Their license should be immediately revoked by the financial regulator but something tells me that won't happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭OU812

Do you think Clare Gleeson was looking forward to coming to work today ? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭homer911

"Elsewhere, Ulster Bank has given a commitment to delay the introduction of maintenance fees for all personal current account holders until July 2013."

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/ulster-bank-pays-for-it-meltdown-565136.html

Great! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

homer911 wrote: »
    "Elsewhere, Ulster Bank has given a commitment to delay the introduction of maintenance fees for all personal current account holders until July 2013."

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/ulster-bank-pays-for-it-meltdown-565136.html

Great! :rolleyes:

Agree 25 is derisory but the deposit account bonus is something for some people (probably those affected least mind) and given that they were probably going to introduce fees this year the above is something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

Anyone have a sample letter that I could write to them? Im not the best at putting words in sentences! Also should that miserly €25 be in my account by now? I had to visit the branch twice during that period but my account hasnt been credited

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Just checked my account and I have received my hush money. :(

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0831/breaking11.html

"The refund scheme. . . . . has been broadly welcomed.
    Consumer Association of Ireland chief executive Dermott Jewell described it as “a mixed bag” while Fianna Fáil finance spokesman Michael McGrath called it “fair and reasonable”."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

I think you're all being far too harsh on Ulster Bank.

Clearly, their systems suffered another technical glitch and they think today's April 1st. Hence the joke of a press release :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Irishtimes said that situation when many people start leaving Ulster didn't happen as they think ..sure all the banks are same and we just carry on banking with them ...

but for me and most people .. we were just waiting for compensation and after today we are free to go as we know what we get (me - nothing) so no reason to stay with them at all ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

Nor me. Just checked my accounts there.
    are you a business or personal account holder?

Personal.

One of my accounts has now had the money but the other nothing as I never went into the branch about that one.

i am business, wonder if i should email my account manager?

chasm wrote: »
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0831/breaking11.html

"The refund scheme. . . . . has been broadly welcomed.
    Consumer Association of Ireland chief executive Dermott Jewell described it as “a mixed bag” while Fianna Fáil finance spokesman Michael McGrath called it “fair and reasonable”."

weird quoting my own post but cannot help notice the difference between politicians in the north and here regarding this compensation offer. Though i am not suprised as our politicians are always reluctant to criticise the banks, politicians in the north have been rather vocal throughout this whole fiasco

http://www.u.tv/News/Ulster-Bank-compensation-criticised/2bf305a2-95d9-4183-8b4c-30437974bf66

" Sinn Féin's Phil Flanagan said the deal is "too little, too late... I can see no reason why such a simple scheme has taken so long to put in place".

SDLP Economy spokesperson Patsy McGlone said the £20 is "an insult" to the customers who were left out of pocket when a computer glitch affected the bank in June.

"How this is meant to compensate for their waiting time, let alone their journeys for multiple visits to the bank is beyond me. "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Personal.

One of my accounts has now had the money but the other nothing as I never went into the branch about that one.

So if one didn't go to branch to get the cash, or was abroad and borrowed cash from other sources, the he would get no compensation?
    What if i went to my branch 3 times a week to pay my bills in the past, and then only once as - let's say - i had no money to pay those bills?
    Do they use some pattern of how many times customers went into the branch in the past to decide who will get 25E?

I only noticed this as i have balance texted weekly every Friday. Not a letter from them so far since June...

€25 is simply extracting the urine at the highest level. And not everyone gets it.

wonski wrote: »
    So if one didn't go to branch to get the cash, or was abroad and borrowed cash from other sources, the he would get no compensation?
    What if i went to my branch 3 times a week to pay my bills in the past, and then only once as - let's say - i had no money to pay those bills?
    Do they use some pattern of how many times customers went into the branch in the past to decide who will get 25E?

I only noticed this as i have balance texted weekly every Friday. Not a letter from them so far since June...
    I only made one trip for a small cash advance and they paid the €25.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

I've had formal complaint ongoing since June about this. I didn't get the 25.

• Advertisement

€25 is simply extracting the urine at the highest level. And not everyone gets it.
    agree totall, most people who could where keeping away from their local branches as they where mental

Advertisement