Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank System Outage - Aftermath thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭chasm

wonski wrote: »
    So if one didn't go to branch to get the cash, or was abroad and borrowed cash from other sources, the he would get no compensation?
    What if i went to my branch 3 times a week to pay my bills in the past, and then only once as - let's say - i had no money to pay those bills?
    Do they use some pattern of how many times customers went into the branch in the past to decide who will get 25E?

I only noticed this as i have balance texted weekly every Friday. Not a letter from them so far since June...

Supposedly, in those cases they will deal with it on a case by case basis - i fall under this group - supposedly i was unaffected because i didn't go in branch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Nothing for me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭OU812

100gSoma wrote: »
    I've had formal complaint ongoing since June about this. I didn't get the 25.

I don't thinkk anyone who lodged a complaint has got the €25, just those who didn't.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Personal.

One of my accounts has now had the money but the other nothing as I never went into the branch about that one.

I got the money in an account they accidentally did a transaction on, nothing for the account I went to branch about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,253 ✭✭✭✭km79

OU812 wrote: »
    100gSoma wrote: »
    I've had formal complaint ongoing since June about this. I didn't get the 25.

I don't thinkk anyone who lodged a complaint has got the €25, just those who didn't.
    I have a complaint ongoing. Did not get 25 euro.
    Wife has her own accounts no complaint lodged yet . Did not get 25 euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I spoke to the Claims handling team in Limerick looking after my complaint. My complaint along with all others made in the Limerick area will be sent on Monday to the Complaints handling team in Dublin who will then after 5 working days contact people regarding their claim.

She asked me to put a € figure on my complaint. I said I wouldn't be able to but I would wait for something more than the insulting €25 to be considered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

Got the 25euro "Incident Credit".Never went into a branch and never complained.Used the debit card on two online transactions during the time of the "incident" and that was it.
    Didn't expect much from them but as long as they will be keeping the no fees I'll be with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

i got 2 x €25.

I assume it was because we have a joint account:D.
    Wait till I bill them for a days lost holidays to get back to the bank in dublin for money.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

I got the Incident Credit as well. I had sent a letter of complaint nearly 2 months ago, but got no reply. I also withdrew money over the counter one weekend at the end of June, but that still hasn't been debited yet.

Any chance they've forgotten about that? Because if they have, I'm happy to go quid pro quo and forget about the complaint :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

I never usually go into a branch in person.

I happened to go into my local branch the month of the fiasco to make a small lodgement that obviously went astray during the whole mess, and as a result ive been given 25 euros incident credit.

yet those who stayed away from their branches due to the buisiness and havoc there have not been given it? that is ridiculous!

not to mention the shock that it has taken them this long to come up with such a simple compensation scheme.

a real kick in the teeth to UB customers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Seems I have gotten the compo, 25 euro ? Goons, nearly cost me money for my holiday and the carrying all my spending money on holiday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I assume from the wording that those of us that just did nothing and waited while wages took ages to come through (I was paid weekly and was waiting on 3 weeks money at one stage) instead of going to the bank and queueing for ages to take out money and moan at staff about things they couldnt control get nothing?

Havent got anything yet anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

no sign of €25 in my account:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I assume from the wording that those of us that just did nothing and waited while wages took ages to come through (I was paid weekly and was waiting on 3 weeks money at one stage) instead of going to the bank and queueing for ages to take out money and moan at staff about things they couldnt control get nothing?

Havent got anything yet anyway.
    Yep. You get SFA for your efforts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

I lodged a complaint and got their ****ty 25 euro , some poor sod in the complaints dept is going to get an ear bashing Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭MadMickeyMonk

Well I got nothing put into my main u first current account but I have a regular current account that has no overdraft or card on it that I use for holding my mortage money. Checked that one and i got 2 €25 "Incident Credit" put into that account making a €50 brucie bonus for me... And I did go the bank during the balls up but no more than usual

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭MadMickeyMonk

Well I got nothing put into my main u first current account but I have a regular current account that has no overdraft or card on it that I use for holding my mortage money. Checked that one and i got 2 €25 "Incident Credit" put into that account making a €50 brucie bonus for me... And I did go the bank during the balls up but no more than usual

Oh ya it is a current account too so I'm assuming the 25 is per customer and not per account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

Yep. You get SFA for your efforts.

Lodge a complaint with the financial ombudsman they will forward to ub. Outline you want 500€ compensation for stress caused due to financial worries surrounding bills obligations etc.. cite extreme anxiety. They ARE offering people in excess of 150. Why are people getting caught up on this paltry 25e offer??? You don't need to accept this as resolution of your complaint.

Of course ye have to complain in the first place. Written and formal :rolleyes::o:(:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Hi.... I don't see an address for posting a complaint to UB. Does anyone know what it is ? I like the rest of the posters left it a few weeks before going in when I did I queued for 1 hour. I asked the guy to just confirm my balance by giving me a statement etc etc... bank manager wasn't in the least bit friendly.. she came over and said " what do you want ..... " that was the best she had to offer no hello or anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 skippydoo20

We lodged a complaint 8 weeks ago and we got the €25. Still can't believe they think thats sufficient after all the hassle :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

Got the "incident credit" there on Friday, without having to make a complaint. Think I'll use it to open a new account elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 colsmiff

colsmiff wrote: »
    I don't know about compensation, but when I tried to use my UB debit card last night to pay off some of my mortgage arrears it was declined. A quick investigation online showed that my overdraft facility has been cancelled without warning or agreement. I phoned the anytime banking tobe told that it was a branch matter and I would have to speak to them.... roll on 9 am!

Just to update, this was a manual error in the branch and not related to the "outage". A quick phone call resolved the situation. Happy out but no sign of 25€ in our account!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Is anyone aware of any other Extra-Benefit Current Accounts such as uFirst & uFirst Gold with other banks with similar or greater benefits?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

testicle wrote: »
    Is anyone aware of any other Extra-Benefit Current Accounts such as uFirst & uFirst Gold with other banks with similar or greater benefits?

i think you can pay like 10 eur per month in PTSB and get insurances etc lounge accesses, had that a while ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭OU812

It's now eleven days since I got a letter requesting ten days, so if there's nothing there later on I'm writing requesting a final decision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

It's now eleven days since I got a letter requesting ten days, so if there's nothing there later on I'm writing requesting a final decision

It had been 28 days since I got the first letter requesting "10 more days".
    I got another letter on Friday requesting more time as they gather information about my case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭chasm

Just signed into my a/c there and see that you have to acknowledge the notice they put up regarding "making amends" before they allow you to proceed.

I noticed that they state "Reimbursing reasonable out of pocket expenses incurred as a result of this incident. We will pay an additional 20% on top of these expenses, up to a maximum additional payment of 100 euros."
    Yet on the main UB "making amends" section it states €120!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

chasm wrote: »
    Just signed into my a/c there and see that you have to acknowledge the notice they put up regarding "making amends" before they allow you to proceed.

I noticed that they state "Reimbursing reasonable out of pocket expenses incurred as a result of this incident. We will pay an additional 20% on top of these expenses, up to a maximum additional payment of 100 euros."
    Yet on the main UB "making amends" section it states €120!

Maybe 120 includes additional 20% on top of maximum payment?

Advertisement