Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank System Outage - Aftermath thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

closed my account. very disappointed in ulster bank all round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭OU812

Got a call from my business manager earlier (other related), she asked in passing had anyone been in touch yet & was very surprised that apart from the standard letter I received, nobody had called me yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Asking around I don't believe they are given even the €25 to all customers. Can't find a statement to this either.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

OU812 wrote: »
    Got a call from my business manager earlier (other related), she asked in passing had anyone been in touch yet & was very surprised that apart from the standard letter I received, nobody had called me yet.

I would take her "suprise" with a pinch of salt, this is just a ploy for you to believe you are one of the unlucky few who have not yet been contacted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

gozunda wrote: »
    Asking around I don't believe they are given even the €25 to all customers. Can't find a statement to this either.....

Not to all, but i got it. It did cover my petrol and parking charges, not sure what to do with the rest of it:D

I already switched my banking so not going to claim more, as i don't have a real reason/need to do so. Didn't even expect to get any cash, tbh...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭chasm

wonski wrote: »
    Maybe 120 includes additional 20% on top of maximum payment?

I don't think so, unless i am reading this wrong?

"For Personal and SME customers, we will pay an additional 20% on top of these expenses, up to a maximum of €120"

"Reimbursing reasonable out of pocket expenses incurred as a result of this incident. We will pay an additional 20% on top of these expenses, up to a maximum additional payment of 100 euros."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

chasm wrote: »
    I don't think so, unless i am reading this wrong?

"For Personal and SME customers, we will pay an additional 20% on top of these expenses, up to a maximum of €120"

"Reimbursing reasonable out of pocket expenses incurred as a result of this incident. We will pay an additional 20% on top of these expenses, up to a maximum additional payment of 100 euros."

No, your reading is right, it just them who apparently can't write, or don't know what they write.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I got 300e for virtually nothing. I wasnt badly affected if im honest and my posts on here from during the fiasco conforms that. but it comes down to how i worded my complaint letter and how i took the call from UB complaints dept afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

kceire wrote: »
    I got 300e for virtually nothing. I wasnt badly affected if im honest and my posts on here from during the fiasco conforms that. but it comes down to how i worded my complaint letter and how i took the call from UB complaints dept afterwards.

While it is good that this has happened it does show you that the bank (like any other) will try to get away with as little as possible for causing such major inconveniences for people. They should just own up and deal with people properly and not be forcing them to have to work for what is rightful compensation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

what is the most customers have been offered ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

just sent an email to my business account manager;)

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

I got my second call from them today and got 500 euro. I filed complaint probably early July, had received 2 letters and 2 phone calls in total. In my complaint I said I wanted 500 euro as compensation, thought they would offer me 100, but they offered the full amount. I agree with an above poster that it probably has a lot to do with the wording of the complaint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I got my second call from them today and got 500 euro. I filed complaint probably early July, had received 2 letters and 2 phone calls in total. In my complaint I said I wanted 500 euro as compensation, thought they would offer me 100, but they offered the full amount. I agree with an above poster that it probably has a lot to do with the wording of the complaint.

Nice! Are you a business customer? I can't see how I'll get any more than €25 considering I don't have receipts for anything and borrowed cash to keep me going until I could get to the branch. My case is just for major inconvenience.. something they aren't recognising.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

nope not a business customer, and I wasn't all that inconvenienced either (well I was) but I opened up an account at ptsb to get my wages paid in there because I wasn't going to wait around for them to fix it, and when I complained I was all like "I was forced to open up a new account" and crap like that. I didn't go into the branch other than to deposit cash before I knew there was a problem so a bunch of stuff didn't get paid on time but that's about it.
    Don't get me wrong the whole thing was an inconvenience, but I didn't go many weeks without wages like some people and make multiple trips in to get cash because after about a week and a half I opened a new account because I didn't want to be messing around with all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭heliocentrist

Just got an email saying the same thing they've forced me to read twice already now before accessing online banking.

I was initially going to stay with them but the nagging phoney apologies, coupled with the fact that they haven't given compensation to people (including myself) just because we didn't physically go into a bank branch, means I'll be leaving and going elsewhere. **** them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭OU812

Got that letter twice & an email this morning saying the same thing. getting more & more Peed off at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭filbert the fox

Is there any chance that the overall picture can be considered by people contemplating compensation?

Or is it a free for all?
    there is very little adversarial comment on posts boasting that they got cash for effectively nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

there is very little adversarial comment on posts boasting that they got cash for effectively nothing.

there's enough. not everyone is posting on here ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

got service fee reversal of over €90:eek: in to my account this morning, alsogot form from them to fill in for compensation,- have business account- will be interesting to see if i get interest reversal - paid interest of 800 on overdraft in june:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Sent a letter off to my branch and CC'd Clare Gleeson today.

Didn't bother with the form they provided, just wrote my own letter to them complaining since I don't have physical evidence of being out of pocket. Will see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

kceire wrote: »

How did you manage to get that ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

I wrote letter last week, got call yesterday that they will pay compensation 25 euro, today 'No Description Available €30.00 '

I was asked if i had any financial loss, i said i didn't as it didn't cost me anything (i didnt even bother going to branch) but had to use somebodys else account for international transactions and it was inconvenience.

I applied for PTSB account but now considering whether i should switch or not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

UB says if you are concerned about your credit rating that you can request one through your bank. Is this effectively a free €6?
    If you consent to receive a credit report free of charge a staff member will take your details and the report will be requested from the Irish Credit Bureau.
    The Irish Credit Bureau will send you a report directly, which typically takes a minimum of 5 working days, once they have received the submission. We will pay for one credit report per customer until the end of 2012.
    What's the catch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,253 ✭✭✭✭km79

Finally got call back. Compo offer started at 25. Then 50. I said no. She said what would I accept. Said 150. Final offer 100. Accepted it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

What kind of "supporting documents" are UB asking for?

Has anyone actually provided these to back up their claim?

and btw just in case you are wondering trmw...the latest from UB - I hope the backup doesn't go wallop again!

On 8 September 2012, due to planned system updates, our Online, Mobile and Telephone banking services will be unavailable between 2am and 6am. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. Withdrawals can still be made via an ATM, and point of sale transactions are unaffected.

gozunda wrote: »
    What kind of "supporting documents" are UB asking for?

Has anyone actually provided these to back up their claim?

and btw just in case you are wondering trmw...the latest from UB - I hope the backup doesn't go wallop again!

On 8 September 2012, due to planned system updates, our Online, Mobile and Telephone banking services will be unavailable between 2am and 6am. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. Withdrawals can still be made via an ATM, and point of sale transactions are unaffected.
    I sent nothing only an angry email

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

What email address did you use?

What email address did you use?

customerrelations[at]ulsterbank[dot]com

Sent it last night as I had been waiting on 3 call backs from 3 seperate phone calls last week. Sent an angry email giving out about this. Not even outlining my grievances with the original situation and what do ya know a phone call the next day.
    I said I the girl she must have been responding to the email they received this morning. She said no ....she was responding to my original email. There was no original email !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭triona1

360e just landed in my account over night.(personnel customer).Happy Days.
    Was not expecting it at all its not a payment from anyone or anything no Ref for it when i check through my Payments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dashboard_hula

D'ya mind me asking how you worded it? I'm pretty good with formal letters/emails but every little helps.

Advertisement