Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank System Outage - Aftermath thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 DJLJ

Am I the only one that still has account movements happening to me? My latest ones are dated yesterday, 14 Euro debited and 14 Euro credited, fee reversal etc.

On a separate note, gotten 2x25 euro incident payments, which I'll be handing back to Ulster Bank, saying it isn't enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭vickers209

DJLJ wrote: »
    Am I the only one that still has account movements happening to me? My latest ones are dated yesterday, 14 Euro debited and 14 Euro credited, fee reversal etc.

On a separate note, gotten 2x25 euro incident payments, which I'll be handing back to Ulster Bank, saying it isn't enough.

are you a u first gold account?? i am a ufirst account i had the same friday 10 euro in and 10 out think i read that they giving 3months free fees from the u first accounts..
    i never even got the 25 euro into the account as never visited bank durning outage as didnt want to go near them but was on holiday on the 10th of july had to get my holiday pay diverted to an old bank account as the previous two payments were missing and couldnt let the holiday pay go astray too.
    i filled in there complaint form telling them why i didnt visit branch and how annoyed i was about not even reciving the 25 euro and how the whole mess upset my holiday plans and that.

put down €250

lets see what they come back with!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Stuck a formal complaint in there. Lets see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Stuck a formal complaint in there. Lets see what happens.

I posted a letter at the weekend. Will see how it goes . Did you email or post ? I wonder how long they are taking to reply. Some posters here seem to be waithing months. Did you specify a number that you were looking for ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Not heard a bean off them in weeks. Really strange, because they were in regular enough contact before about my duplicate transactions etc. Since the whole IT glitch thing was fixed, I've heard nothing.

When I did get to speak to someone I was told that everyone was busy training about how to deal with compensation claims etc and thats why nobody has been in touch etc.

Anyway, I sent in a printed hard copy formal letter (requesting final response) to Claire Gleeson last week, and copied all of my previous 10 emails and 6 weeks worth of communications with UB about my complaint. I also reiterated how the ongoing nature of this complaint is nearly as bad as the initial problem itself!
    zzzzz

• Advertisement

100gSoma wrote: »
    Not heard a bean off them in weeks. Really strange, because they were in regular enough contact before about my duplicate transactions etc. Since the whole IT glitch thing was fixed, I've heard nothing.

When I did get to speak to someone I was told that everyone was busy training about how to deal with compensation claims etc and thats why nobody has been in touch etc.

Anyway, I sent in a printed hard copy formal letter (requesting final response) to Claire Gleeson last week, and copied all of my previous 10 emails and 6 weeks worth of communications with UB about my complaint. I also reiterated how the ongoing nature of this complaint is nearly as bad as the initial problem itself!
    zzzzz
    what was the nature of your complaint ?

I posted a letter at the weekend. Will see how it goes . Did you email or post ? I wonder how long they are taking to reply. Some posters here seem to be waithing months. Did you specify a number that you were looking for ?
    I just emailed it.

I just asked them to record it as a formal complaint and to send a final response letter if they don't want to resolve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Rox_88

I'm wondering if anyone is in a similar situation, I have a basic step a/c with UB, I pay rent weekly to my landlords a/c through a standing order (he's with a different bank) and also monthly direct debit for Sky bill. When all of this happened I wanted to be sure that the payments were going out as I couldn't tell from mini statements I went in to my local bank and asked if they knew any more than I did and wanted reassurance that everything would be paid on time, she told me "I won't be able to see anything different but all direct debits and payments will be honoured" She never asked for my details so there's no record of the conversation, at the time I wasn't bothered but now I wish I'd been more formal about it. I tried to get in touch with my landlord to make sure he was receiving rent, that's harder than it sounds he doesn't live in the country and mostly deal with his sister, never heard back so I assumed everything was ok.
    Two letters arrived it the post today from UB first one says "due to technical fault standing order was not processed on the 27/6" second letter was the same but the date was 4/7. They need me to get in touch if I hadn't already made other arrangements for the payments they'll sort it if there's sufficient money in my a/c. There isn't, I've obviously overspent without realising it over the last 2 months, I got on to my landlord straight away with the dates to know for certain that rent wasn't paid, I'll hopefully hear something back soon. But what I'm wondering is there any chance of being compensated or will I need to come up with the 2 weeks rent again?

what was the nature of your complaint ?

eh? It was about the IT glitch and the way it impacted me. What else would it be about? Are you asking about specifics of how it affected me? That's arbitrary in the context of your question. Unless you work for UB in which case, call me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Sent off my complaint today. Printed off my online banking statement showing that I never went into branch before or after incident but had to go in seven times during incident.

Highlighted each date.

Said on each day I didn't get a lunch break as I had to use my thirty minutes break to walk down to the bank. Which is true. I was inconvenienced and always in a rush those days.

Lets see what they say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

posted mine today..... will wait and see:rolleyes:

post? I just emailed the woman in charge direct:

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭largepants

Sent in a complaint a couple of weeks ago. Got a call yesterday from UB asking me about my complaint and was I happy with the €25 I had received. Needless to say I said it was insulting considering the weeks of not knowing where I stood financially. They then offered another €25 because it was a joint a/c. I didn't refuse point blank but told them I would get back to them.

The upshot of it all is that I've to write again with any proof or otherwise of how it affected me even though this was in my original complaint. So I'm going writing again asking for a specific amount.

I'll also be sending in my counsellors report.:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I've multiple duplicate transactions on my account for the 10th and 11th September, more than six hundred euros worth :(

Better be fixed in the morning :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Stheno wrote: »
    I've multiple duplicate transactions on my account for the 10th and 11th September, more than six hundred euros worth :(

See my previous post about outage on Saturday....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

gozunda wrote: »

That was supposed to be planned maintenance.
    I've finally snapped and sent a strongly worded complaint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

gozunda wrote: »

That was supposed to be planned maintenance.
    I've finally snapped and sent a strongly worded complaint.

So was the previous outage supposedly...unfortunately it went horribly wrong.

I think the offer of €25 is going to back fire badly on them as many people are now going to complain. The FSO is very unlikely to let them off with offering so little so late.

I thought this IT problem was all sorted out ??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I'll ask this again as no person responded.

UB says if you are concerned about your credit rating that you can request one through your bank. Is this effectively a free €6? What's the catch?
    If you consent to receive a credit report free of charge a staff member will take your details and the report will be requested from the Irish Credit Bureau.
    The Irish Credit Bureau will send you a report directly, which typically takes a minimum of 5 working days, once they have received the submission. We will pay for one credit report per customer until the end of 2012.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

I complained but nicely, last thing that I wrote at the end of my letter was that they are leaving me no choice just to leave them and start banking with somebody else.

4 days after I got call and 25 euro. Next day 30 euro was credited to my account and today I got 3 (!) separate letters informing me about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭chasm

snubbleste wrote: »
    I'll ask this again as no person responded.

UB says if you are concerned about your credit rating that you can request one through your bank. Is this effectively a free €6? What's the catch?
    If you consent to receive a credit report free of charge a staff member will take your details and the report will be requested from the Irish Credit Bureau.
    The Irish Credit Bureau will send you a report directly, which typically takes a minimum of 5 working days, once they have received the submission. We will pay for one credit report per customer until the end of 2012.

It's not a free €6 -from what you have quoted, you give UB the required details and they pay the ICB for your report, ICB send you the report. simples

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I got a generic letter from Dublin asking me to send in receipts/statements etc.

I replied suggesting they actually read my letter where I never mentioned I even had any.

It's freepost anyway. I ended it by saying, offer me more than €25(which I never received) or give me a final response letter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Anyone else got more compensation? Still waiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

Anyone else got more compensation? Still waiting.

Still waiting. Ombudsman next then small claims court for me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭OU812

Just after checking my business account. There's a questionable debit on it & so much debiting & crediting of various fees etc, that I'm not too sure what the actual balance should be.. Have sent a strongly worded email to my business manager (who to her credit has kept me as informed as possible).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Sent off my letters on Friday evening (to my branch and head office), would have been sent out in the Monday post...just got a call there and got offered €100 on top of the €25. Only claiming for stress etc, no receipts or anything. It'll be in my account in the next 5 days. Maybe could have held out for more but thought it was fair.

Result in my book.

Sent off my letter on Friday evening too. Directly to Clare Gleeson (on instruction of Ombudsman). Requested final response. No word yet.

Sent off my letters on Friday evening (to my branch and head office), would have been sent out in the Monday post...just got a call there and got offered €100 on top of the €25. Only claiming for stress etc, no receipts or anything. It'll be in my account in the next 5 days. Maybe could have held out for more but thought it was fair.

Result in my book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

I got my final response letter, and they refused to give me the €25! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement