Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank System Outage - Aftermath thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

My partner and I both sent separate letters on the 29th of August. He got a call yesterday offering €25, then €50 but wouldn't go any higher without proof of money lost.

He told them €50 was an insult and to escalate his complaint.

I on the other hand have heard nothing at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

@ Testicle - did you outline a number of reasons how you were inconvenienced. I cannot believe they would just blank you. Actually, I could believe anything at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

100gSoma wrote: »
    Sent off my letter on Friday evening too. Directly to Clare Gleeson (on instruction of Ombudsman). Requested final response. No word yet.

Yeah, Clare Gleeson was the person I sent to to, as well as my branch. Pretty sure the phone call came from her office, though he just said 'from Ulster Bank'. He asked me about late fees, I said I'd borrowed to make sure no services were cut off. He acknowledged my grievances (the stress, conflict with my landlord, difficulty in getting to my branch) and then offered the extra €100...

Seems I was extrememly lucky how quick it all went about.

(If it makes any difference, my letter was very strongly-worded...those seem to be the ones they're really responding to)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

This post has been deleted.
    100gSoma wrote: »
    @ Testicle - did you outline a number of reasons how you were inconvenienced. I cannot believe they would just blank you. Actually, I could believe anything at this stage.

Because I wasn't inconvenienced enough to go into my branch to withdraw money. Or visit my branch at all. Deliberately on my part as there were queue's a mile long in there, so I just worked out of my AIB account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Sent off my letters on Friday evening (to my branch and head office), would have been sent out in the Monday post...just got a call there and got offered €100 on top of the €25. Only claiming for stress etc, no receipts or anything. It'll be in my account in the next 5 days. Maybe could have held out for more but thought it was fair.

Result in my book.

I sent a letter off at the weekend so they should have had it on Tuesday. Nothing back as of yet. I think that was a fairly quick reply from them for you. I wonder why ??? I wouldn't think a 100 is enought after been stressed and under pressure for weeks because of their ineptitude. Will see what they say when I get a call / letter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

(If it makes any difference, my letter was very strongly-worded...those seem to be the ones they're really responding to)

Yeah, I don't think I could have worded my letter any stronger to be fair. I gave them a right dressing down about not only the impact on my account and financial life, but also the p-poor handling of communications following my initial July 5th complaint.
    testicle wrote: »
    Because I wasn't inconvenienced enough to go into my branch to withdraw money. Or visit my branch at all. Deliberately on my part as there were queue's a mile long in there, so I just worked out of my AIB account.

If they know you have another account (in a different bank) to work from, they probably assume you're a lost customer at this stage anyway so are not bothered about paying to keep your business.
    did you have the Ombudsman involved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Just got a call there from UB after my strongly worded email. Extra €100 for my efforts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭vickers209

just a quick question was it a private no that rang or did a number come up???

i posted a letter last friday too

i had 2 missed calls today private no. no voice mail was left i dont normally answer private number anyway.

Yes, it is a private number.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 lislaw

Very interesting conversation with a representative from Ulster Bank just there. Apparently all unpaid DD charges will be refunded up to the 19 September - but you need to ring up and request the refund.....and I was just starting to be less angry with them.....grrrrr:mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement

Got the call yesterday, money in my account today

Got the call yesterday, money in my account today
    Indeed and they gave me an extra €20 over what was agreed! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭OU812

Got a call from my business manager today. She wanted to make an appointment for me to "come into the branch to discuss resolution of your issue".

I reminded her that it's not my issue, it's theirs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Hold on I thought the €25 was automatic whats all this about people sending letters. I visited the branch more during the outage and I was under the impression they would automatically have the €25 in my account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭vickers209

vickers209 wrote: »
    just a quick question was it a private no that rang or did a number come up???

i posted a letter last Friday too

i had 2 missed calls today private no. no voice mail was left i don't normally answer private number anyway.

Had no further contact but €25 has appeared today with a description of ulster bank hmm?

Also got this MSG when logged in there few mins ago which u have to agree to before proceeding

Important Information

Service Information

**NEW**
    We are upgrading our systems - this means that Online, Mobile and Telephone banking won't be available on Sunday 16th September between 2am and 6am, and Monday 17th between 1am and 5am. We apologise for this short interruption to your services.

Please select this box to acknowledge this notice.

Hold on I thought the €25 was automatic whats all this about people sending letters. I visited the branch more during the outage and I was under the impression they would automatically have the €25 in my account?
    People are sending letters because €25 is not enough for most. Most people suffered far worse disruption and €25 was never going to cut it.

Also many did not visit branches at all and received nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

People are sending letters because €25 is not enough for most. Most people suffered far worse disruption and €25 was never going to cut it.

Also many did not visit branches at all and received nothing.

So have people received their standard €25 already? I have received nothing and im pretty sure I pass the criteria.

The €25 was paid out last week to those that got it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

They are only interested in agreeing a figure for compensation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭OU812

Just checked my balance in the app. Bloody double transaction posted for yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭mrshopkeeper

I thought that I had met the criteria for the 25 euro award but it wasn't credited to my account. Contacted UB during the week by telephone to query and they advised that those eligible should have received the 25 by now.
    They agreed to pay up without much quibble as I seemed to have 'slipped through the net' when the payments were being made. My account was credited shortly afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Anyone having trouble logging in to their account online (Anytime)?

Website came up and demanded every personal question including underwear size (ok well not actual underwear) have cancelled out of this as the questions would give the average hacker a huge smile.....very weird.

Anyone come across this??

gozunda wrote: »

Website came up and demanded every personal question including underwear size (ok well not actual underwear) have cancelled out of this as the questions would give the average hacker a huge smile.....very weird.

Just logged in there, nothing asked but password/pin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,232 ✭✭✭MrVestek

gozunda wrote: »

You sir have a bank stealing website injecting trojan on your system..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

I got a call and got 75 euro today :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Himself got €200, I'm still waiting for contact. Letter sent the same day as him, 29th of August so would have thought I'd have heard something by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

got €120 in to m account last night, had sent off a complaint last week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

whelan1 wrote: »
    got €120 in to m account last night, had sent off a complaint last week

Hi Whelan 1. I sent off a letter last weekend nothing yet from them. Did they call you to say they had deposited 120 in your account

Advertisement