Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank System Outage - Aftermath thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

I wrote a letter of complaint and I got the 25 euro and then an additional 10.11 which (as stated in their reply letter) is "in recognition of the inconvenience that you experienced"

Wow. That's some serious recognition.

They've asked me to provide evidense of out of pocket expenses if they were more than the 35.11 they've given me.

All of this and my account is still almost 2K in debit due to them not cancelling a standing order I had cancelled online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

mathie wrote: »
    I wrote a letter of complaint and I got the 25 euro and then an additional 10.11 which (as stated in their reply letter) is "in recognition of the inconvenience that you experienced"

Wow. That's some serious recognition.

They've asked me to provide evidense of out of pocket expenses if they were more than the 35.11 they've given me.

All of this and my account is still almost 2K in debit due to them not cancelling a standing order I had cancelled online.

Thats taking the p*** 10.11. They really are trying to given less than the minimum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

Hi Whelan 1. I sent off a letter last weekend nothing yet from them. Did they call you to say they had deposited 120 in your account
    they never contacted me but i assume this is what the €120 is for cant think of anything else it would be for

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Woo actually got 90 into account today instead of 75. Happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Has anyone been given more than €25 compensation based on a letter or do I now have to staple the letter I sent already to a complaint form and repost it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Trotter wrote: »
    Has anyone been given more than €25 compensation based on a letter or do I now have to staple the letter I sent already to a complaint form and repost it?

I didn't use the form at all and got an extra €100, pretty sure most others here did too...form is useless except for 'out of pocket' expenses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

I had a missed call on Friday at 17:40. Private number and no message. Ideal time to call commuting travellers.
    Not heard anything from my letter to Claire Gleeson 2 weeks ago

100gSoma wrote: »
    I had a missed call on Friday at 17:40. Private number and no message. Ideal time to call commuting travellers.
    Not heard anything from my letter to Claire Gleeson 2 weeks ago

I sent mine last week. nothing yet. I wouldn't have though it strange but I see one or two posters sent letters last week and already had replys. I wonder does it depend on what is put in the letter ??? I'm thinking early next week will pop another one in the post if I don't get a reply

maybe I should have sent it registered... did you?

maybe I should have sent it registered... did you?

No I didn't. I did put a stamp on it . shouldn't have been a problem

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

form is useless except for 'out of pocket' expenses

Where else apart from that form have you guys been complaining too?

form is useless except for 'out of pocket' expenses

Where else apart from that form have you guys been complaining too?

I just sent a letter to Claire Gleeson .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Sent an email yesterday to the customerreleations email address mentioned earlier. probably should have done so earlier but been busy. will keep people updated

Is it this address handlemaster?

Ms. Clare Gleeson,
    Head of Complaint Management,
    Ulster Bank Ireland Limited,
    Complaint Handling Centre,
    1st Floor, Block D, George’s Quay, Dublin 2.

And have you heard anything back?

Is it this address handlemaster?

Ms. Clare Gleeson,
    Head of Complaint Management,
    Ulster Bank Ireland Limited,
    Complaint Handling Centre,
    1st Floor, Block D, George’s Quay, Dublin 2.

And have you heard anything back?

Thats the address I think. not a word as of yet.

yeah, I'd say she has quite a few letters in her inbox.

yeah, I'd say she has quite a few letters in her inbox.

I don't honestly think shes opening them herself. But why have others gotten replys in the same time period

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I sent an email to them, had a telephone call 2 days later. Money in the bank the next day.

Might just do that @ our man in havana and save myself the price of a stamp! What email address did you use?

I emailed too. Got a letter telling me they would be in contact and nothing since. Think that was two and a half weeks ago. I missed a call about a week ago from a withheld number though! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭chasm

I emailed too. Got a letter telling me they would be in contact and nothing since. Think that was two and a half weeks ago. I missed a call about a week ago from a withheld number though! :o
    I sent a letter and had a load of missed calls on my phone while i was away on holiday. Received a letter when i got back saying they acknowledged that the incident impacted me personally and asking me to contact them. Im useless at phone negotiation, which is what it appears to be judging by some on this thread, far better at putting stuff on paper, so have been putting off phoning them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I think you need to phone them to get cash of them fast. Just highball them with double what you want and then haggle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,232 ✭✭✭MrVestek

From what I gather they call from unlisted and blocked numbers.

I think you need to phone them to get cash of them fast. Just highball them with double what you want and then haggle.
    Ring just the regular customer care number?

I'm really surprised that we don't have alot more people complaining about this. I suppose its the Irish mentality to bend over

does anyone know what email address to send a complaint to, I can't see an email address on their website, its all numbers for different departments/

I'm really surprised that we don't have alot more people complaining about this. I suppose its the Irish mentality to bend over

Well, fair play to UB. They have done a good job to wear people down. My complaint was made on July 5th. I had about 10 follow up calls/emails to my "complaint handler". Then 5 emails to my branch manager. then 2 postal letters. Ombudsman involved too. I'm pretty much ready to resign at this stage. They win. Not heard anything in weeks. Just too drawn out a process, so it's normal that people want to move on after almost 3 months without any success. Not really great PR for the brand, but hey. It is what it is. edit: they might all be out of jobs in 18 months as a consequence of the handling of this disaster and the loss of customer. i.e. UB might exit the Irish market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Now Im livid. No reply to my registered letter and when I phoned them they said because I got €25 the day after I posted it, theyve marked my claim as resolved.

Resolved my eye. They say I can send in a new complaint if I wish.

Advice please!!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Trotter wrote: »
    Now Im livid. No reply to my registered letter and when I phoned them they said because I got €25 the day after I posted it, theyve marked my claim as resolved.

Resolved my eye. They say I can send in a new complaint if I wish.

Advice please!!?

I would send in a new letter saying a) the €25 isn't enough and b) your previous complaint was handled hideously with no communication, along with your original grievances, or go straight to the Ombudsman if UB 'resolved' your complaint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭OU812

Had my meeting & they asked me what I wanted to resolve it.

I have no idea what to ask for.

Advertisement