Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cash lodgement for rent

Options
  • 28-08-2012 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi, this is probably a really silly (but quick) question ... I'm moving into a new rented accomodation next month and the landlord wants the rent lodged to their bank account.

They're with BOI. So I'm just wondering, if I lodge it in cash in the nearest BOI branch, will I be able to give them a reference/description for it so they know it's from me?

(I know I could send it via internet banking, but I have it out in cash already as I thought this was what they would have wanted.)

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Yes - you can ask them to put the information in the transaction: it's called the narrative (i.e. they can enter "John Smith" or "3 Sunny Ave" etc to identify the cash)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭heliocentrist

Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Thanks! :)

But mention this before you give them the money, otherwise they might lodge it before you get a chance to tell them you want a narrative.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 getSorted.ie

As far as I know, bank of Ireland no longer allow a narrative to be entered on lodgements ..unless it is for a mortgage account or MABS payment.

Advertisement