Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlesland Grove: Block off Stairs?

Options
  • 28-08-2012 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

We're in charlesland grove, 2-bed townhouse, sitting room at rear.

Thinking of putting a door at end of stairs to keep the heat in during winter - and for added security. Has anyone done this?

Any builders out there willing to quote? - should be simple enough - stud panel, architraves & door I presume...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Note that the building regulations will apply and you will need to maintain a certain amount of space between the stairs and the door

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Not sure what the layout of your house is but, if it's anything like mine, you might be better off with just a heavy curtain that you can pull across.

Certainly in my place, the gap is far too tall for a door and there is no space between the bottom of the stairs and the end of the arch.

I hate not being able to enclose my sitting room and have thought about putting a curtain up a good bit but since I am renting, I haven't done anything.

Advertisement