Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's Your Favourite Brand of Pork Sausage

Options
  • 28-08-2012 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭

As the title suggests whats your favorite sausage?

i like shaws myself, high pork content and nice tasting. they do tend to repeat on me but they are good memories

Mod note: Thread title edited to remove ALL CAPS.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

For me it's Superquinn's, with Byrne's a close second.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Granby/EveryDay.
    Have tried SuperQuinn's sausages and didn't see what all the fuss was about; they were bland.
    Tried many brands but always come back to Granby

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭splashthecash

+1 for Superquinn sausages - can't bate 'em!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

superquinn when i can get them

dunnes simply better were really nice

Rudds sausages are good

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭glennryan

I prefer Kearns sausages, nice flavour...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 thelungs

Having done a lot of research!!!

Woodside farm sausages are the best I have ever had. I get out of bed early on a Sat. morning to get them at the farmer market.

also special mention for M&S Chipolatas.

YUM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

Superquinn all the way
    Recently tried a thicker sausage from the truly Irish brand which had about 80% pork. It was scrummy

Also love the flavoured sausages more popular in the UK

Local butchers. Excellent sausages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

I like the M & S ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Definately Superquinn :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Diapason

Superquinn, Jane Russell, Hicks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

I like mallons!
    But if I'm in Mayo it has to be Kelly's! And some of their black pudding! its delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Diapason

Kelly's of Newport: finest black pudding in the state, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

In Ireland, Superquinn sausages for me, they do a jumbo version from time to time at the butchers counter which is even tastier, particularly if done on a bbq.

Kearns would be a close 2nd.

If I'm home in the UK, a good jumbo Cumberland ring from Cranston's with a nice Apple chutney and I'm in heaven. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

i like oulhausen not sure why!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

Mallons ftw!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Everyday and Oulhausen most days but for a treat Saints and Scholars are the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

Lidl and Aldi do a nice (premium) sausage. It's the one in a tray with 9 in a pack. Fairly high meat content.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭tommyombomb

For me its Hodgins sausages all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mickkenny

Superquinn are the best with dunnes stores simply better sausage a very close second.
    A slice of bread buttered with two sausages on it and some ketchup. That's heaven. Hungry now just thinking about it. Good job I have some in the fridge

• Advertisement

By the way Kearn's, Byrne's, Glensallagh (Lidl) are all made by Oulhausen, same pork slightly different recipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭tsuzmir

+1 for jane russell

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

For me its Hodgins sausages all the way.

I bought some Hodgin's sausages last Christmas but they were out of date (supermarket's fault).
    I tried again another time and got another pack, in date, but found them really bland.
    Hodgin's sausagemeat is lovely though--made a very nice batch of sausage rolls with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

tescos finest pork and apple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

nudger wrote: »
    By the way Kearn's, Byrne's, Glensallagh (Lidl) are all made by Oulhausen, same pork slightly different recipe.

Most of the regional sausages are too, they just do the distribution while the sausages are made to a recipe by one of the big 4 sausage makers. You can usually tell where in the country someone is from by the sausages they buy, Kearn's, Byrne, Granby are Dublin Sausages while Denny was never as popular in Dublin.

Most of the regional sausages are too, they just do the distribution while the sausages are made to a recipe by one of the big 4 sausage makers. You can usually tell where in the country someone is from by the sausages they buy, Kearn's, Byrne, Granby are Dublin Sausages while Denny was never as popular in Dublin.

So what's your banger of choice.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭VictorRomeo

Breakfast bangers only. Superquinn is the default. However, Rudd's is a great one also. Love their pudding too. The Tesco Finest Irish Pork Sausage is good too.

Prue and Simon are interesting addition to the 'posh sausage' mix also - gives Jane Russell a run for her money...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

nudger wrote: »
    So what's your banger of choice.:)

Kearns, the high meat gourmet sausage doesn't do it for me, too chewy with all that meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Firegaurd

Ive never tried the superquinn ones but I have tried the Truly Irish sausages and theyre savage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Glensallagh from Lidl are my favourites, I love them on a ciabatta with chilli, rocket and goats cheese.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement