Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's Your Favourite Brand of Pork Sausage

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Des wrote: »
    Glensallagh from Lidl are my favourites, I love them on a ciabatta with chilli, rocket and goats cheese.
    I like these too. Can't stand any of the fluorescent bright pink ones with no texture and virtually no meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭lookitsme

i don't think i am a sausage snob but i always read the ingredients and look out for a sausage with a high pork content. i just have this opinion that a good sausage should have around 80% of pork and should not be a bright pink colour

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Superquinn
    Truly Irish
    Supervalu Honey and Mustard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

We have started to have Prue and Simons , very nice esp the pepper and thyme ones.... you can buy them in tescos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Dunne's Select get the nod from me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Diapason wrote: »
    Kelly's of Newport: finest black pudding in the state, IMO.

Upon recommendation from another boardsie I gave this black pudding a try... was a tad disappointed with it, I found it just average.

Been on the look-out for a really good black pudding. Anyone try McCarthy's in Kanturk? They were on the radio during the week discussing it, saying it was made from fresh blood and not the dried stuff. Looked on their website but €12 for postage was a bit on the stiff side.

Saints & Scholars do a good sausage... bought some recently in Lidl, €2 a pack. 80% pork, 10% bacon pieces and cabbage too. Very tasty. Dunnes Simply better another good one, Hodgins too.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Dubstar07

+1 on Superquinn sausages
    Plus, the toulouse & herb n black pepper ones are quite tasty also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

Glensallagh sausages from Lidl are yummy! Probably the tastiest for traditional style sausage.

As are:
    Mallons
    Garlic and Herb from Aldi
    Tesco Finest Sausages with chilli and the ones with garlic and basil.

Sausages with garlic and herb are lovely with creamy mash, and lots of gravy, onion gravy is nice. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Cookstown sausages in Norn Iron

Some of those Dublin brands sound good too. And I'll have to buy some out of Superquinn next time I'm there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

sweetie wrote: »
    tescos finest pork and apple.

+1

Superquinn sausages taste nice but are annoyingly bendy when you're grilling them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Clonakilty butcher style :D
    Along with clonakilty pudding.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Lidl Glensallagh, superquinn, local wicklow town butchers, tesco finest and lidl skinny bratwurst for a lazy tasty dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭lookitsme

Lidl Glensallagh, superquinn, local wicklow town butchers, tesco finest and lidl skinny bratwurst for a lazy tasty dinner.

thats a big dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Brady's would be the ones for me. Absolutely delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭itsnotmyname

tsuzmir wrote: »
    +1 for jane russell

Do any of the chain stores stock them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I like Clonakilty if I am buying from a Supermarket. Mainly buy the homemade ones from my local butchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Dunnes Simply Better are my fav

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

The Clonakilty sausages (the big ones) are savage, but hey're beyond greasy!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Graaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaandby. I love when they shrivel up bit, lovely and crispy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Do any of the chain stores stock them ?

Here is a list from the website of where they are stocked

http://www.straightsausages.com/Straight%20Sausages/Where%20we%27re%20at.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i like the clonakilty but i was down in tralee last week and picked up some sauses in anaskaul called ashes. they are incredible as is their black pudding

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Self Made

Butcher Peter Dunne in Glasthule is no more so I had to find another good sausage maker. I tried Hodgins of Cork in Tesco because the label said they were award winning and described them as a craft butcher. They were excellent.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Hi Self Made, please don't drag up threads that are long dead. When they are more than 6 months with no posts, please just start a new thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement