Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IP Camera

Options
  • 28-08-2012 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, but here goes anyway!

I've bought a Wansview NCB543W IP Camera and I'm really struggling to set it up in wifi mode.

Can anyone help me out please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

Those are Wansview cams and are actually very nice, I have one sure. Whats the problem?

Here is a quick summary -

First you have to plug it into your network via Ethernet to config it first. There should be an IP address either on the camera itself (check the label) or in the manual. If not there are a few free software packages that will scan your network for the camera, usually these cameras come with a disc that has one (like DVSearch or IPCamSearch) and if you plug it in and do a search and it will find the IP for you even if it is on a different subnet.

You need to know your subnet of your current network and if it is different, add an extra IP to your current adapter for that subnet so you can directly access the camera.

After that you just visit the IP address in your web browser and you can login using the default username and password (again usually on the camera or in the manual, if not a quick Google search for the model will show the default username and password).

They are fully configurable via the web interface and once in the admin interface you can setup the wifi like you would any other device (put in the SSID, password).

I hope that helps a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Jose1

Thanks for that, sorted:D

Advertisement