Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bin Laden kill mission on RTE

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Stimpyone

Not everybody on Seal Team 6 was killed. Should be an interesting read...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Stimpyone wrote: »
    Not everybody on Seal Team 6 was killed. Should be an interesting read...

But obviously the ones that knew too much. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

But obviously the ones that knew too much. :)

Priceless CT stuff there RTDH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Osama Bin Laden, world's best hide and seek player from 2001-2011.
    I think maddie mccann has this title now.

so tell me, did Bin Laden and the US make some sort of agreement to say we'll stop chasing you if you play dead?

somehow i think not, and somehow i think the Taliban would have more to say than that and the pakistanis would have uncovered it by now and not gone to the trouble of demolishing bin ladens house and deporting his family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Didn't read all of this thread, just the first page, so was this the Navy SEAL's version, who was there and who has a totally different story to the one Obama spoon fed the world with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Min wrote: »
    Didn't read all of this thread, just the first page, so was this the Navy SEAL's version, who was there and who has a totally different story to the one Obama spoon fed the world with?
    you should read the whole thread....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,443 ✭✭✭Riddle101

^most of what you hear in the news is propaganda bull ****.
    The US government is losing money but the powerful lobying arms manufacturers are making more money than ever through these wars.
    Afghanistan is strategically important because of its proximity to Russia, China, Iran and Pakistan. No oil in Afghanistan but lots of oil and gas pipelines coming from Kazakistan and other countries go through Afghanistan.

Doesn't stop the fact that with the recession and the on going war in Afghanistan, the US is losing lot's more money then they are making. We're talking billions if not trillions here. As for strategic importance, America have military bases all over the world. It's not really a matter of strategic importance, it's a matter of maintaining a presence and security. Who else is going to pick up the pieces if the US was to leave tomorrow? Afghanistan? They're still trying to shape themselves. As I said, right now the US is in a transition period, their forces will most likely be gone from Afghanistan in a few years depending on politics. As for the oil thing. The oil that Afghanistan would get, most likely goes to Afghanistan itself, not the US. US buys from Canada and Mexico. Unless you're implying that the US is stealing oil, in which case they would be breaching international protocol and be controversial, and I don't think they'd want that.
    You are very gullible if you continue believing what the US/western media feeds you. There's a lot more going on than just "securing our borders".

Once again we come back to this word "gullible". Here's the thing. I don't just believe US/Western media. I only watch the news for need to know basis and keep track of current events, but I look into things from other perspectives as well. If you're implying that I don't question what i'm being told in the media myself, then you're wrong. There have been many things that I do question. However at the same time, a lot of the things that have been mentioned on here, like 9/11 and Bin Laden's death I do believe are true. I don't believe there is some conspiracy behind any of them, this isn't because I believe what the US said, this is because i've judged both sides and I have made my opinion on them. All this talk that 9/11 was an inside job, and Bin Laden's death was just a publicity stunt are far reaching to me and outlandish. There is no reason not to believe them except for what a few people my have you think. But again, most of what has been said on here is not fact, just speculation which can't be taking as a credible source.

Advertisement