Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Boards.ie Homepage

Options
  • 29-08-2012 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭

Hi

I was just wondering how you get a thread to stick at the top of the new posts?

It looks like your using VBadvancd or some other CMS for VBulletin.

Is it some kind of custom job or a feature on a vBulletin CMS?

Thanks
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Do you mean like the Spammer Notification Topic in this (Feedback) forum?
    If so, it's a sticky topic, that "sticks" at the top of the first of the page.
    Kinda like a sign that's always at the front of things, but everything else can be in any order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Media999 wrote: »
    Hi

I was just wondering how you get a thread to stick at the top of the new posts?

It looks like your using VBadvancd or some other CMS for VBulletin.

Is it some kind of custom job or a feature on a vBulletin CMS?

Thanks

We're not using any CMS for our homepage, and especially not vBAdvanced. What you're seeing is a custom page wrote by Boards.ie :) Because it's custom, sitewide announcements are given precedence at always appear at the top of the latest posts tab

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

We're not using any CMS for our homepage, and especially not vBAdvanced. What you're seeing is a custom page wrote by Boards.ie :) Because it's custom, sitewide announcements are given precedence at always appear at the top of the latest posts tab

Danny

Ah i thought as much.

Would love to implement that on a forum of mine which uses VBadvanced but no idea how to code it and its not built in.

Cheers for the info.

Advertisement