Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has anyone stopped a wedding? Has it ever worked?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Now look here, you can fire away being all nostalgic about Sabrina, but I wont have a bad word said about Libby, she was a dom fox, especially in something figure hugging showing thigh

If geeky mate had some quare moves tucked away Id say Libby would leave you destroyed. Forever.

She had a certain something about her alright. The one who played Sabrina's friend has been in a good few movies, think it was her in the Other guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

bijapos wrote: »
    I was groomsman at a wedding in the mid 90's and had to walk out into the registry office and tell everyone (60 people) that that the wedding was off as he had gotten cold feet. had to say it in German and then in English. (English guy supposed to marry a German girl in Germany).

As if things weren't bad enough when I said it in German that the wedding was off all the Germans gasped so the English were left waiting for a minute to see what I would say. I told them, then some big cnut of a guy stands up, asks me am I Irish ? I say I am and he just says in a really aggressive voice " I hate the fcuking Irish, I bet this is your fault you scummy Irish bastard". Ignorant cnut.

We still went back to the football club where the reception and afters for about 150 people was to be held and ate and drank plenty. The aforementioned big English cnut tried to start a couple of fights with me and the Germans until the barman threw him out. Totally racist gobsh1te altogether. An awful, awful day and terrible memories of it.

I came back to Ireland 2 months later on holidays to go to a schooolmates wedding, the bride called it off the evening before. Probably the right decision, both are happy in different long term relationships now.

I stayed the fcuk away from weddings for a long, long time after that, just went to afters.

The Wedding Crusher :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

She had a certain something about her alright. The one who played Sabrina's friend has been in a good few movies, think it was her in the Other guys.
    I feel bad for Sabrina's original friend Jenny, she just disappeared into thin air. Under that big hair she was fairly foxy.

Hair grows is still a mantra I live by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

MadsL wrote: »
    One of them is carrying a pumpkin and keeps showing it to us.

I just choked on my drink laughing at that!

On topic - one of Sabrina's boyfriends became Turk in Scrubs! Loved that show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

what about the girl she was friends with in college, she had red curly hair. if i remember correctly she was pretty hot and well up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I may get banned for this but I have to try and unite these two topics...

Sabrina + Weddings =

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

Wish someone would have stopped my wedding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Am I the only one who still hasn't figured out their family secret?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Am I the only one who still hasn't figured out their family secret?

its "every member of the spell-man family is born with a twin"

• Advertisement

hoodwinked wrote: »
    its "every member of the spell-man family is born with a twin"

I was referring to my own. I think it has something to do with rape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Anyone remember the episode of Sabrina where Valerie's alter ego wore a catsuit?:pac:

Link;

http://www.hkb.org.uk/collages/l/lindsaysloane/LindsaySloane_Sabrina318_hkb2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Motorist wrote: »
    If the priest does say "Speak now or forever hold your peace", has it ever worked if someone objected?

I've never tried it, but it would have come in handy at my mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    Make me :P
    My favourite boyfriend of hers was Josh from the coffee shop :D

Aw, Josh was one of my faves! Especially when he had the stubble.:D
    My cousin had a slight obsession with Roxie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

RosyLily wrote: »
    Aw, Josh was one of my faves! Especially when he had the stubble.:D
    My cousin had a slight obsession with Roxie.

No i didn't

soleil-moon-frye-2.JPG

Shake yo whammy fanny funky song funky song...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

I was invited to a wedding a few years ago. At the time I was backpacking in South America so to be honest I didn't really want to go but had to as it was a close friend, the wedding meant that I had to be home a month sooner than what I wanted.

Anyway the two of them had been going out for 13 years, laid eyes on each other at a fresher ball in college on the first week and stayed together right throughout their 20's. He had proposed when they were both about 25/26ish but she said they were too young but was on for the idea of marriage someday.

Then he proposed again when they were 30ish but this time he did it in front of family members on Christmas Day, right there at the table over the turkey and stuffing. She was in shock but rather than ruin Christmas she said yes. She probably got used to the idea over the next while but 8 months later she called the whole thing off about 10 days before the wedding day. Lost big deposits on the hotel and dinner for 200+ guests.

I just shaked my head and got right on the phone to a travel agent to extend my flights by 3 weeks and went travelling Patagonia for the rest of the trip. Happy days :D

He married someone else not too long ago, she is in a stable relationship for a while now too. Both of them are happy and given the hindsight we've all had it was the right decision when all was considered. It just need not have taken her 13 years to get there but c'est la vie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Lost at the Sabrina teenage witch references. Damn I old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Their was a succession of fine Women in that show. My personal favourite was Roxie. She was seriously hot.

Her real name is Soleil Moon Frye, which is a most excellent name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Henri Paul stopped a certain celebrity wedding.
    They weren't exactly on the altar though

Wrong generation I think. Went over my head for a split second.

Skid wrote: »
    Their was a succession of fine Women in that show. My personal favourite was Roxie. She was seriously hot.

She was a child star in the 80s, I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭cristoir

This is a wonderful thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

No one cares about Weddings now.

The episode with Mr Kraft on Jerry Springer was brilliant. Also, who was the cheerleader? I want to say Libby but I don't think that's right? She was fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

I still watch the show and i'm 27. sabrina got hotter as the series went on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I think this is my favourite multi topic thread ever.
    brummytom wrote: »
    No one cares about Weddings now.

The episode with Mr Kraft on Jerry Springer was brilliant. Also, who was the cheerleader? I want to say Libby but I don't think that's right? She was fit.

Libby it is. Such a bitch but so hot too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Skid wrote: »

Her boobs got so big during puberty that she had breast reduction surgery at 16 for health reasons.

Not before Edward Furlong, fresh from T2 success had a go on them.

I bought the M.J. Hart issue of Maxim when it came out..... for research purposes. she had a great arse. But i'd been watching her since clarissa anyway....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Her boobs got so big during puberty that she had breast reduction surgery at 16 for health reasons.

Not before Edward Furlong, fresh from T2 success had a go on them.

I bought the M.J. Hart issue of Maxim when it came out..... for research purposes. she had a great arse. But i'd been watching her since clarissa anyway....

Wow I had completely forgot about Clarissa explains it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I think this is my favourite multi topic thread ever.

Multitopic threads rock.

Personally I loved Topic bars, what was everyone's favourite chocolate bar growing up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

My cousin and I once conspired to ruin a wedding. At the exact moment where the celebrant said the "Should any person know why these two should not wed...", we sent his 3 year old son (complete with mini-tuxedo) running up the aisle, calling out "Daddy! Daddy!"...

Classic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Remember her annoying bratty cousin, Amanda? Twas actually her younger sister in real life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Melissa Joan Hart can recite the value of Pi to 341 decimal places. I think I read that in FHM. And I remembered it just in case I ever got the chance to chat her up :o

Larianne wrote: »
    Remember her annoying bratty cousin, Amanda? Twas actually her younger sister in real life.
    She came back when she was older and she was fairly hot then IIRC

God that show had a great looking cast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

phasers wrote: »
    She came back when she was older and she was fairly hot then IIRC

God that show had a great looking cast.

That is sooo true!

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

Sabrina always did well when it came to music. I remember the time when Smashing Pumpkins were playing in her house. It was delightful.

Was that not 10,000 Maniacs or did that happen too? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

No way im going through this to delete all the sabrina crap so il just leave it closed. Same with the other thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement