Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oldest Occurrence of Arthropods Preserved in Amber

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Let's hope there is DNA :)

living bacteria would be even cooler

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Arthropod Park anyone? :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

well there was that guy breeding giant dragonflies

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

Weren´t there giant dragonflies in Jurassic Park,the novel?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Adam Khor wrote: »
    Weren´t there giant dragonflies in Jurassic Park,the novel?

Not that I remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

Galvasean wrote: »
    Not that I remember.

There were :D

"Two giant red dragonflies with six foot wingspans bummed past them. "What was that?"
    "Dragonflies" he said "The Jurassic was a time of huge insects"
    "Do they bite?" Lex asked
    "I don´t think so" Grant said
    Tim held out his hand. One of the dragonflies lighted on it. He could feel the weight of the huge insect.
    "He's going to bite you" Lex warned
    But the dragongly just slowly flapped its red-veined transparent wings, and then, when Tim moved his arm, flew off again"

There. Six foot dragonflies, no less. Imagine the kind of insects that thrieved in Michael Crichton's idea of the Carboniferous :D

Advertisement