Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom panic button

Options
  • 29-08-2012 5:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi lads
    I have a panic button in the bedroom but the key has gone for a hop. Can I get another key or do I need to get the button replaced

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You should be able to get one or easily reset it by opening it. If the monitoring is still live call Eircom PW before opening it. Otherwise you many find some angry Guards at your door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Don't PW ring the house first ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Don't PW ring the house first ?

All depends on the monitoring station. P.W ring the guards first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Checked the site and they ring the house or key holders first

Checked the site and they ring the house or key holders first

Not for a Panic..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It wouldn't surprise me if PW called the house first on a panic alarm.
    Any decent station is calling the guards , full stop. What possible benefit is there to phoning a premises where someone may be in a PA situation.

Some will give the option.
    I do agree it should be the guards that are called first.

Advertisement