Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

pixelburp wrote: »
    I'd not be entirely surprised if some form of SHIELD returned in the future; Disney+ wouldn't be ignorant of the show's popularity, the group itself is a mainstay of the comicsverse. Not like the MCU isn't pliable enough the group couldn't return in a new, non Hydra infiltrated version. Maybe a cameo from one of the old crowd in an executive capacity (pending the finale's bodycount).

I'd love for Daisy to make her way into one of the new or future Disney+ shows. Her character is great, her powers are interesting and visually impressive, and Chloe Bennet's performance has been solid throughout.

I also had a theory in my head when AoS started skipping through time this season they might pull a huge reveal that Mack was actually Nick Fury's son. Could have been a way to segue him into other shows too. But I guess it's too big a reveal with too many implications for something to happen outside the main MCU movies/shows. Disappointing, because he's been consistently brilliant for the last few seasons. How he isn't being snapped up for bigger roles is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

pixelburp wrote: »
    I'd not be entirely surprised if some form of SHIELD returned in the future; Disney+ wouldn't be ignorant of the show's popularity, the group itself is a mainstay of the comicsverse. Not like the MCU isn't pliable enough the group couldn't return in a new, non Hydra infiltrated version. Maybe a cameo from one of the old crowd in an executive capacity (pending the finale's bodycount).

I'm interested in how long the AOS deal with Netflix is in the States and whether it impacted them from moving the show to Disney+.

At this stage with the number of shows in the pipeline I doubt we'll see a reboot soon. The show is made relatively cheaply currently and the expectations for the new Disney+ shows seem the opposite. Between calendar space and overall budget to be shared, I sadly think it has run its course.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

I'd love to see Leopold and Gemma make their family and see baby Deke grow up the way he speaks to Simmons he really wants to get to know her and Fitz more. Really wish Coulson and May had gotten their happy conclusion as it's never ending for Coulson he needs to get back into the movies maybe make him the new Stan Lee cameo guy just a wise cracking sage advice pop up in each film starting with next Doctor Strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Street Fighter The Movie came out in 1994 Ming-Na was great as.Chun-Li

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I'd love to see Leopold and Gemma make their family and see baby Deke grow up the way he speaks to Simmons he really wants to get to know her and Fitz more. Really wish Coulson and May had gotten their happy conclusion as it's never ending for Coulson he needs to get back into the movies maybe make him the new Stan Lee cameo guy just a wise cracking sage advice pop up in each film starting with next Doctor Strange.

he is their grandson not son so that's a long show to get to Deke !

Ah man :(

That was a great groundhog day episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

:(

As soon as she woke up the first time, my first thought was "Woohoo! Time loop episode"
    Though she was limited in the fun she could have. Was sure when she said about taking a loop off, she was going to take Souza for a test drive.

So why couldn't they take Enoch's hard drive and make a new body like they did for Coulson?

Wonder what Simmons was remembering. At first I thought was just the memories coming back but then it seemed something bad

Ominous last words from Enoch.

4 left

The episode was directed by Elizabeth Henstridge and it was her first ever directing gig.

Good job Simmons.

Sure handy enough for her. Time loop so copy and paste. :)
    I'd say the fact it was mostly a bottle episode would help as well

• Advertisement

Such a great episode. Loved the scenes between Daisy and Sousa, Coulson was fantastic, the use of the time loop in how Daisy would risk losing her memory of them if she died, and Enoch was both incredibly vicious and heartbreakingly good in the end. He's been hilarious the last two seasons but he's always shown such heart throughout, and he ripped it out without question for his team. Certainly ominous in terms of what he's seen for the future and whatever Gemma was remembering, can't wait to see where they go from here.

Damn I love a great bottle episode and good use of wibbly wobbly timey wimey.

Yeah I can't remember a time loop episode/film where dying wiped the memory, so was a new take on the idea

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Enock...….

No your crying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Len_007

Another 10/10 for me this episode, even though we've seen the concept before with the likes of that Tom Cruise Emily Blunt film. A lot of great character moments between our hero's. Loved the Coulson and Daisy back and forth, Suza and Daisy, Gemma in tears, Enoch - Coulson - Daisy. It did leave the rest of the team in the shadows but I feel that's ok as Deek and Mack have been well served previously.
    Let's hope we see fitz soon eh?

Here's hoping they can pluck Enoch from the past in the last episode and bring him back, but as Futurama showed a time-paradox duplicate is always dooooooooooomed

Here's hoping they can pluck Enoch from the past in the last episode and bring him back, but as Futurama showed a time-paradox duplicate is always dooooooooooomed

Not entirely sure why they can't just put a new roboheartthing when they're safe again or fix the time drive, take his heart back out of it and just reboot him.

Hopefully they do find a way Enoch is a great character in the dynamic of the show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Len_007 wrote: »
    Let's hope we see fitz soon eh?

I suspect the Simmons starting to cry in horror does not bode well for Fitz.

Enoch worried about being alone again really hit in the feels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Hopefully they do find a way Enoch is a great character in the dynamic of the show

no..no no... no bringing back characters just because they're popular. This isn't bloody Supernatural.
    Just accept he's gone and go with it.

I doubt they'll bother, only a few episodes left in the series. I guess we'll probably see him in flashbacks though when it's revealed what happened with Fitz & Simmons.

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    no..no no... no bringing back characters just because they're popular. This isn't bloody Supernatural.

Must love Coulson then. :)

But I agree, I like Enoch but his death wouldn't have the same impact if he came back.
    The problem with a lot of series these days is that a lot of characters are too safe. If this wasn't the final season, there's a chance he could've been brought back

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Must love Coulson then. :)

But I agree, I like Enoch but his death wouldn't have the same impact if he came back.
    The problem with a lot of series these days is that a lot of characters are too safe. If this wasn't the final season, there's a chance he could've been brought back

I love Coulson but in fairness this season he probably wouldn't have been missed. Ok he would have been missed but I feel this season could have continued without him and not lost anything.
    And he's my favourite actor on the show.

I love Coulson but in fairness this season he probably wouldn't have been missed. Ok he would have been missed but I feel this season could have continued without him and not lost anything.
    And he's my favourite actor on the show.

I'd say it was just that they knew it'd be the final season, so may as well bring him back. It is a bit weird that his and May's relationship has just been almost completely thrown away though

I guess they didn't have enough time to further explore it.

No because of popularity on multiple occasions now Enoch has sacrificed himself to save the team it would be an homage as he put himself in harm's way.again

No because of popularity on multiple occasions now Enoch has sacrificed himself to save the team it would be an homage as he put himself in harm's way.again

yeah my only regret was that Fitz wasn't there for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I love this show. I’m rewatching from the start, currently near the end of season 2.

This season has been fantastic. The only gripe is the lack of Fitz. It’s a shame he’s not there.

Daisy is too good a character to end with this show. Surely Disney+ could use them somewhere else.

Wow what an episode.

Also getting James Paxton to play young John Garrett is brilliant.

Only 3 left.

Wow what an episode.

Also getting James Paxton to play young John Garrett is brilliant.

Only 3 left.

Yeah, fantastic episode. Really hard to see what way they're going to go with it.

I think I might do a full rewatch once it's finished. I've forgotten so much from the earlier seasons.

• Advertisement

Paxton looked like he was auditioning for the part of Leo Johnson in Twin Peaks.

I'd say next week will be setting up the endgame followed by a 2 part finale.

I've forgotten loads as well. Like how Daisy's mother died.

Advertisement