Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was just thinking that 2 people we haven't seen this season, outside of Fitz, are Piper and Flint.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Paxton looked like he was auditioning for the part of Leo Johnson in Twin Peaks.

I'd say next week will be setting up the endgame followed by a 2 part finale.

I've forgotten loads as well. Like how Daisy's mother died.

Eyebrows and his dad's jester grin loved Bill Paxton he was a great actor

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Finished episode 9 here, and definitely the strongest episode so far this season - as these things often are when the big sprawling arc is paused for a relatively self-contained story. Especially when it's the tried & true
    Time Loop
    episode.

Obviously being a couple of episodes behind this may already be answered but one moment stuck out that raised a flag for me:
    Jemma bursting into tears when she got her memories briefly back; Fitz is dead, isn't he? That the scheduling conflicts were too much for a physical appearance and we'll get some kind of posthumous message from Fitz in the last episode.
    . Hope I'm wrong but that just felt like the way it's going ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Nicely set up now for next weeks series finale.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

pixelburp wrote: »
    Finished episode 9 here, and definitely the strongest episode so far this season - as these things often are when the big sprawling arc is paused for a relatively self-contained story. Especially when it's the tried & true
    Time Loop
    episode.

Obviously being a couple of episodes behind this may already be answered but one moment stuck out that raised a flag for me:
    Jemma bursting into tears when she got her memories briefly back; Fitz is dead, isn't he? That the scheduling conflicts were too much for a physical appearance and we'll get some kind of posthumous message from Fitz in the last episode.
    . Hope I'm wrong but that just felt like the way it's going ...

I think
    Fitzsimmons have a baby (Deek's parent) and Fitz stayed back to raise them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Clareman wrote: »
    I think
    Fitzsimmons have a baby (Deek's parent) and Fitz stayed back to raise them
    I presume Fitz is alive in some shape or form as the timestream person said that Fitz was the one who always foiled them in the nick of time. Maybe, Gemma already knows this and he always dies, so it is in fact a giant loop season, she is screaming at his death but that death is happening at the time he stops them in the future etc. This or its a Red Dwarf/Cassandra thing where Fitz isn't Fitz because they don't know Fitz as we do. Final stretch for the story, she is screaming as he is frozen in carbonite (or similar) until he is needed.

Sorry one last stretch, Fitz isn't a person anymore and is in fact, inside Gemmas head, hence how she knows how time drive stuff works although she says she doesn't. The thing in her head is like a regulator to control the flow of knowledge and understanding of his existence, in much the same way that she started glitching out when the time stream started going off course, Gemmas Chromicon technology implant started going mental and Enoch had to take her away for repair

Forgot it was going to be a 2 part finale next week.
    But looks like Fitz is back now, so may have more to do in the finale.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

For those waiting for a U.K./Irish broadcaster of this, it seems Channel 4/E4 have not picked up the final season. Not sure if RTE ever aired season 6 either?

It should still get an airing, given both Disney+ and Prime Video have earlier seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I’m going to miss this show a lot. I’m glad it got such a good run. I’ve rewatched 4 seasons over the last few weeks. I watched a few episodes a night due to nothing else being on tv.

It’s funny how Daisy and Coulson are obviously the main characters in the first 3 seasons but it feels like Fitz and Simmons take over those lead roles in season 4 when the Framework comes into play. They have been the heart of the show for the last few seasons for me.

Fitz as the villain was excellent the guy playing his dad really drove home the horrible characteristics.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Episode 10 and wow, yeah like father like son; I can definitely see Bill Paxton in his son's performance. Must have been a little weird for him all the same. His dorky enthusiasm almost made me like the guy.

Otherwise, I dunno, this arc just hasn't grabbed me once the goofiness of the first half was parked; Coulson certainly lamp-shaded the audience with his "greatest hits" comment but this lukewarm revisit to After Life & the Inhumans only reminds me what a broader, more epic show this used to be. I just can't bring myself to care about the stakes.

I'm going to miss the characters for sure - and the fact they never got so much as a nod in the MCU was a deep shame - but the show's kinda coming to a very underwhelming end for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Cool!

Agents of
    S.W.O.R.D.
    now please on Disney+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Great ending. Couldn't fault it. The end of the first half was a highlight (using all the bits to build the thingy). Very cool.

That's a lot of background noise potential for MCU love the we might see him someday line and let's make this a tradition. I was expecting a 50s ish director of shield to pop up at the end there though love that while he was left behind Enoch was pulling the strings all along.

Ahhhhh man I’m gutted it’s over. I felt like I was going to cry a few times. I had guessed one of the more heartwarming reveals at the start of the second half/second episode.

Genuinely sad now. The finale of a show can really make or break the legacy. I think they nailed it.

I think Disney+ would be missing a massive opportunity if they didn’t utilise these characters somewhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

could they not find a chield that looked like it could be their offspring.

Was Gemma ****ing Thor because there is no way that child is her and Fitzs progeny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

was all this a MIB prequel?

EMP not a MIB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

F*cking loved that.

How good was Deke’s impression of Fitz? That made me genuinely laugh out loud.

• Advertisement

Daisy post fight I was hoping split second momentarily for ghost rider Phoenix random Marvel entity or power to show up in her

Deke I'm kinda a rock god :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Len_007

So so good. What great characters they made.
    I’d love it if someone high up in D+ knew what they had with this show & rolled out some specials. However, revivals tend to disappoint, so maybe leaving it as is would be wise

Cool!

Agents of
    S.W.O.R.D.
    now please on Disney+

Funny you mention that,
    since when they were in the bar and the woman came forward about her package, she reminded me of Brand, minus green hair.

Expected a quick glimpse of Deke.

How could they talk about Coulson seeing the world and not have Coulson say something like "I hear Tahiti's a magical place"?

Took them less than a year to build up everything? I guess having Chronicoms as friends helped.

Lucky that all owners of the packages survived the attack and got a clear message while Coulson had to decipher a code.

So how did Kora know what to do?

With that ending I wonder if it was filmed before the iZombie finale aired.

Great ending overall.
    No special soundbyte from the Mutant Enemy mutant at the end.
    :(

Was wondering why Kimball looked familiar. She was in Z-Nation.

And you can keep your Endgame and Far From Home. Now the MCU is over. (well that part)

@CastorTroy
    What do you mean by saying it took them a year to build it all up? Do you mean Shield? The destruction caused by the Chronicoms happened in a different time line.

GSPfan wrote: »
    @CastorTroy
    What do you mean by saying it took them a year to build it all up? Do you mean Shield? The destruction caused by the Chronicoms happened in a different time line.
    I mean I'm sure last time we saw them, they were the only members of SHIELD left as it had been disbanded or something, wasn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I mean I'm sure last time we saw them, they were the only members of SHIELD left as it had been disbanded or something, wasn't it?

No I think over the seasons they've been gradually rebuilding SHIELD in the background. But I think the Chromicons helped speed things up a lot in the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,058 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Shame there was no Deathlok cameo either with any of Yoyo/Mack/May groups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭Sparko

Enjoyed the finale and the snippets of where they all ended up was very well done I thought. A strong finale for me.

Was there ever any official word of where this show sits in the overall MCU? It was quite clearly part of it at one stage, up to mentioning Thanos on Earth, and then zilch. It's done fine on its own merits but it's still a bit frustrating how it just got dumped.

Sparko wrote: »
    Enjoyed the finale and the snippets of where they all ended up was very well done I thought. A strong finale for me.

Was there ever any official word of where this show sits in the overall MCU? It was quite clearly part of it at one stage, up to mentioning Thanos on Earth, and then zilch. It's done fine on its own merits but it's still a bit frustrating how it just got dumped.

It was more than that; Season 1 had open shoutouts to Asgard, and even had an episode or two co-starring Lady Sif back in Seasons 1/2. For whatever reason - and I'm going to go and guess the office politics of how Marvel TV & Studios were different entities played a part - the show was never allowed to properly integrate into the MCU (and vice versa). Which is why throughout SHIELD you had this pretending the larger MCU just wasn't happening, and the only IPs allowed were the ones Marvel Studios passed on already (such as Ghost Rider)

It was the same with the Netflix Marvel shows: they went out of their way to pretend the MCU didn't exist, the most we ever got were those ludicruously coy references to "The incident", ie "That time an alien invasion destroyed half of Manhatten"

• Advertisement

Fury and Hill did get snapped so there is that

Advertisement