Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

I didn't really like this episode. I thought 'Scorch' was incredibly annoying and lame too.

wasn't he supposed to be, yup, but he was still annoying and lame, they keep trying to thread this ironic line and not quite making it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

stevenmu wrote: »
    I'm hoping he got a crap name because he was such a minor bad guy and was killed off pretty quickly, and they'll have better names for any more serious bad guys.

I don't know a lot about Marvel, but I think the more minor characters tend to have crappy names.

i wonder that 2 since quicksilver and scarlet witch are from xmen universe as well, quicksilver and scarlet witch were members of the brotherhood magneto group before they join avengers and became goodies, quicksilver and scarlet were baddies in xmen comics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

iguana wrote: »
    This one was poor after last week's improvement. I wouldn't be sticking with this show at this point if it weren't for Whedon's involvement but part of me is hoping that he'll turn it around soon as Dollhouse didn't get interesting until episode 6.

Incidentally I was knitting my son a Jayne Cobb hat while watching this and thinking of it's source material while watching AoS made for a depressing comparison.

If you somehow manage to make 2, I need a new hat! :-)

iguana wrote: »
    This one was poor after last week's improvement. I wouldn't be sticking with this show at this point if it weren't for Whedon's involvement but part of me is hoping that he'll turn it around soon as Dollhouse didn't get interesting until episode 6.

Incidentally I was knitting my son a Jayne Cobb hat while watching this and thinking of it's source material while watching AoS made for a depressing comparison.

I WANT THAT HAT.
    *cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

stevenmu wrote: »
    I'm hoping he got a crap name because he was such a minor bad guy and was killed off pretty quickly, and they'll have better names for any more serious bad guys.

I don't know a lot about Marvel, but I think the more minor characters tend to have crappy names.

This. It was a joke. Every character who heard the name 'Scorch' thought it was stupid. They're ripping the piss out of characters with silly names.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,225 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Busy on Friday nights so I was watching the latest episode on Channel 4 on Saturday night and RTÉ Two last night. The Continuity announcer on 4 said the next episode was on Friday week but the RTÉ announcer didn't mention a delay. Are Channel 4 falling behind?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭sky23

flazio wrote: »
    Busy on Friday nights so I was watching the latest episode on Channel 4 on Saturday night and RTÉ Two last night. The Continuity announcer on 4 said the next episode was on Friday week but the RTÉ announcer didn't mention a delay. Are Channel 4 falling behind?

no there is a break, no episode in u.s this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I thought it was an improvement this week. I'm glad it seems they're not proceeding with the Skye double agent thing too.

The show can be MOTW with a good arc and work... but these shows rely on good characters put into the right situations; I think they started that this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,333 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD is on a brief hiatus and won't be televised this Sunday (November 3) on RTÉ Two.
    This is due to the fact that the show is screened in Ireland so soon after its original screening on American TV, and US broadcaster ABC is repeating the pilot.
    Last week's fifth episode saw the introduction of Dublin actress Ruth Negga, who will play a recurring role as baddie, Raina.
    Marvel's Agents of SHIELD will return on Sunday November 10 with an episode entitled FZZT, just five days after broadcast in the USA Source

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Marvel's Agents of SHIELD is on a brief hiatus and won't be televised this Sunday (November 3) on RTÉ Two.
    This is due to the fact that the show is screened in Ireland so soon after its original screening on American TV, and US broadcaster ABC is repeating the pilot.
    Last week's fifth episode saw the introduction of Dublin actress Ruth Negga, who will play a recurring role as baddie, Raina.
    Marvel's Agents of SHIELD will return on Sunday November 10 with an episode entitled FZZT, just five days after broadcast in the USA Source

erm it to do with world series baseball isn't it

knocked out a couple shows tbbt etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

welcome to the world of totally erratic american viewing schedules, where 22 episodes seasons are stretched out over 36 weeks, enjoy:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

It looks like Shield is doing a crossover with Thor, but...
    After Dark World is released in theaters Nov. 8, the Nov. 19 episode of S.H.I.E.L.D., “The Well,” will continue where the film left off. Here’s the official descriptionIn the aftermath of the events chronicled in the feature film Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World, Coulson and the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. pick up the pieces–one of which threatens to destroy a member of the team.”

The episode is directed by sci-fi TV luminary Jonathan Frakes (Star Trek: The Next Generation), who previously directed an episode of S.H.I.E.L.D. co-creator Joss Whedon’s Dollhouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

It looks like Shield is doing a crossover with Thor, but...
    After Dark World is released in theaters Nov. 8, the Nov. 19 episode of S.H.I.E.L.D., “The Well,” will continue where the film left off. Here’s the official descriptionIn the aftermath of the events chronicled in the feature film Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World, Coulson and the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. pick up the pieces–one of which threatens to destroy a member of the team.”

The episode is directed by sci-fi TV luminary Jonathan Frakes (Star Trek: The Next Generation), who previously directed an episode of S.H.I.E.L.D. co-creator Joss Whedon’s Dollhouse.

That's pretty cool. I look forward to it.

Yeah i know &
    it'll give you plenty of time at least til the 19th to see the film also :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I WANT THAT HAT.
    *cough*
    Pretty Cuttin'

Incidentally, you may want to look for the pattern online. Apparently Fox or Universal are looking to have them pulled due to copyright violations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,225 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Right, seen the film. I know we all want Cobie Smulders to join full time now that HIMYM is finished up but is there any chance 2 Broke Girls is also finishing? Because I really want Darcy to join the Bus :D
    As for the the aftermath I think there's a big clue if you hold out to the very VERY end of the credits.

Well that was a strange but enjoyable episode, at first Fitz Simmons are showing their often hidden humorous sides, til i realised the ep was all about them, i think they're gonna need another Anti-serum at the end of the season for the tension thats gonna build up between the two :)

flazio wrote: »
    Right, seen the film. I know we all want Cobie Smulders to join full time now that HIMYM is finished up but is there any chance 2 Broke Girls is also finishing? Because I really want Darcy to join the Bus :D
    There were 2 good reasons to watch 2BG :D, but after a while it went flat, but there's always room for Cobie, as look at Coach back in New Girl, even for a little while afaik.
    As for the the aftermath I think there's a big clue if you hold out to the very VERY end of the credits.
    Yeah i'm gonna watch that soon, as it seems there's always something interesting at the end of the credits like The Avengers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

This was the episode I've kinda been waiting for with this show.
    Still not brilliant, but a vast improvement. I was genuinely worried for the second part of the episode that we were gonna have a repeat of the "You never know until you've been tested..." moment on Angel (Season 1, Episode 9 "Hero").
    Glad it didn't end the same way, and I kinda like Ward about 10% better than I already did, so he's now at 10% likeable... Hopefully I can grow to like his character a bit more next week, which will apparently focus on
    Ward and Fitz

i'll kill whoever said lets made the nerds english

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

i'll kill whoever said lets made the nerds english

Pretty sure the bloke is Scottish...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That was good.

But I think
    a bolder choice would have been to let her go splat. I'm glad she didn't because I prefer her character to Fitz, Ward and Skye but it would have been cool if they were brave enough to do it. I'm a big fan of shows who aren't afraid to kill off their main cast.

Angel (1999-2005) Spoiler
    Captain Negative alluded to Doyle's very early death on Angel and it was something that stuck with the show right until the end.

Kirby wrote: »
    That was good.

But I think
    a bolder choice would have been to let her go splat. I'm glad she didn't because I prefer her character to Fitz, Ward and Skye but it would have been cool if they were brave enough to do it. I'm a big fan of shows who aren't afraid to kill off their main cast.

Captain Negative alluded to Doyle's very early death on Angel and it was something that stuck with the show right until the end.

Yeah would agree with you there, I actually thought
    they might have gone through with it, but there's still plenty of time for them to take out a main character like that. I like Simmins, so didn't want her to die.

One of my favourite TV moments of all-time. It was done really well and it really set the tone for the series. Separating it from Buffy in a big way.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I was actually wondering are they planning to kill off Ming Na. They've built her up to be some kind amazing hero, with a dark past of some type, but she hasn't really done anything yet. I've a feeling her past will come back in some form, get resolved, and then she'll be killed off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

Giving this show crap out of ten now. I thought they had heard some feedback and decided to kill off one of the annoying characters to change things up a bit, but oh no...

Well, one of them is going to die by the end of the season. Possibly before the mid-season break. (I don't know how many they had filmed before getting a full season.) I know Joss Whedon is pretty much only attached to it in name only but his bro is heavily involved I believe and it would shake up the show and it's a fave trick of Joss'. It'll be either fitz or simmons. Don't know which one. If only one of them was played by Sean Bean.

Of course if GRR Martin was involved they'd ALL die, randomly say, oh, next week or so.

This was the episode I've kinda been waiting for with this show.
    Still not brilliant, but a vast improvement. I was genuinely worried for the second part of the episode that we were gonna have a repeat of the "You never know until you've been tested..." moment on Angel (Season 1, Episode 9 "Hero").
    Glad it didn't end the same way, and I kinda like Ward about 10% better than I already did, so he's now at 10% likeable... Hopefully I can grow to like his character a bit more next week, which will apparently focus on
    Ward and Fitz

Totally agree. best ep of the series series thus far.

Well, one of them is going to die by the end of the season. Possibly before the mid-season break. (I don't know how many they had filmed before getting a full season.) I know Joss Whedon is pretty much only attached to it in name only but his bro is heavily involved I believe and it would shake up the show and it's a fave trick of Joss'. It'll be either fitz or simmons. Don't know which one. If only one of them was played by Sean Bean.

Of course if GRR Martin was involved they'd ALL die, randomly say, oh, next week or so.
    I dint think I agree with you on this. They've effectively wasted 5 episodes building the character dynamic and almost almost forcing the audience (through reluctant characters) to believe this team works best as a unit. Whedon has also written the characters to fit closely with the Firefly types to this effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I genuinely thought they were going to kill her for a while. It was only when my brain caught up and I realised planes have parachutes that saving her wasn't impossible (and was thus guaranteed to happen).

Pretty poignant at times. I would've expected this show to be more ham-fisted but they did it pretty well.

It's not the greatest show on the planet but, the 2nd episode aside, it's been a decent enough watch.

• Advertisement

I dint think I agree with you on this. They've effectively wasted 5 episodes building the character dynamic and almost almost forcing the audience (through reluctant characters) to believe this team works best as a unit. Whedon has also written the characters to fit closely with the Firefly types to this effect.

Put a fiver on it? :)

Advertisement