Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,185 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Will the season still be on when The Winter Soldier comes out? Would love a tie-in episode, at least something better than the supposed ""Thor" tie-in episode.

It is due out the last week of March, first week of April hope there is a tie too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,263 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Thought there may have been an Asgardian theme to Coulsons issue seeing as that place does indeed have magic and all. Seems to be leading to Coulson seeking answers from Fury hope we get to see Samuel L Jackson on screen in an episode sooner than later.

Again. He was on near the beginning. And so Fury wasn't lying when he told the Avengers Coulson had died.
    Will the season still be on when The Winter Soldier comes out? Would love a tie-in episode, at least something better than the supposed ""Thor" tie-in episode.

From the trailer and from the way the series is going it looks like movie and series storylines will overlap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

It is due out the last week of March, first week of April hope there is a tie too.

I know it's a TV show with a budget miniscule to the blockbuster movies, but they should have a requirement in the actors contracts to appear occasionally in the show. At least it might boost the profile of the show.

Could be the Disney issue as to why no high profilers have been in it too often, then again I don't think Coulson is listed on imdb for the cast and crew for Winter Solider. In the first episode we seen that the doctor, Maria Hill and Fury all know what really happened to Agent Coulson.

How significant is the fact that he knows he can't stop saying it's a magical place everytime someone mentions Tahiti.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

All I can say is Ron Glass, yay!

• Advertisement

Head from Teen Angel is what I instantly remembered him for.:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Head from Teen Angel is what I instantly remembered him for.:P

I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed...

He should only ever be remembered for Firefly... Browncoats FTW

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,842 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

shepherdfirefly.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Just after watching the latest, probably the strongest of the season with some excellent acting from Clark Gregg....when he was talking to Raina about the chellist and how she loved him and was devasted when SHIELD told her....watching Colson's face my heart broke.

The truely Matrix like horrific mind machine....his plea to let him die, there was more to that scene IMO...one shot of Coulson's face looked like a robot!, it looked like the were building a new brain!....so i think LMD is still on the cards. As said above hopefully toward the end of the season a chat with Diector Fury is on the cards......i also think Thor took Coulson to Asgard and did some magical stuff....ergo the magical place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭conorhal

I know it's a TV show with a budget miniscule to the blockbuster movies, but they should have a requirement in the actors contracts to appear occasionally in the show. At least it might boost the profile of the show.

If you have to rely on 'guest stars' to defibrilate the dead heart of the show you're just a sci-fi version of Glee. Put a bullet in it, this show is done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

jenjenten wrote: »
    The truely Matrix like horrific mind machine....his plea to let him die, there was more to that scene IMO...one shot of Coulson's face looked like a robot!, it looked like the were building a new brain!....so i think LMD is still on the cards. As said above hopefully toward the end of the season a chat with Diector Fury is on the cards......i also think Thor took Coulson to Asgard and did some magical stuff....ergo the magical place.

LMD was pretty much confirmed by the Dollhouse reference, I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

When is it back on channel 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,225 ✭✭✭✭flazio

cena wrote: »
    When is it back on channel 4

March apparently. I had a link to RTÉ's TEN site which had listed an episode as airing on January the 19th on RTÉ Two but that link has stopped working. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Skye, well well well!

Last nights episode was probably my favourite of the series so far. It had the right blend of drama and comedy. Loved the scene with May and Coulson in the car especially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Also my favourite episode of the series. Does anyone know what the different logos were on the wall of fallen SHIELD agents?

Loved the Bucky Barnes ode, wonder was Steve Rogers/Cap on there too?

Also my favourite episode of the series. Does anyone know what the different logos were on the wall of fallen SHIELD agents?

Every SHIELD facility has one, the logos were probably the corresponding unit symbols for each person, Bucky Barnes might have had the Captain America Shield next to his etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Every SHIELD facility has one, the logos were probably the corresponding unit symbols for each person, Bucky Barnes might have had the Captain America Shield next to his etc.
    Or it could be to do with what section they were from, like Science, operations or communications etc.

Thankfully they've really upped their game with the last few episodes. It's still not an amazing show, but a lot more watchable and more focused on story arcs.

• Advertisement

Excellent episode on Tuesday!.....HYDRA, AIM....a new supervillian, Skye has powers, SHIELD academy!.....loads in there to keep you coming back.

Excellent episode on Tuesday!.....HYDRA, AIM....a new supervillian, Skye has powers, SHIELD academy!.....loads in there to keep you coming back.

Might wanna put spoiler tags over them, some people are still at C4/RTÉ pace.

Might wanna put spoiler tags over them, some people are still at C4/RTÉ pace.

^ no.....this is a US pace thread, thats been well established....and the episode was air two days ago, so plenty of time for people to have seen it.

Have a problem?....report it to the mods and let them decide!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

^ no.....this is a US pace thread, thats been well established....and the episode was air two days ago, so plenty of time for people to have seen it.

It's actually not in the title so technically...

I am not trying to backseat mod, I agree that the appropriate thing is to report; but I think US pace should be added to the thread title.

To be honest it's just common decency to use spoiler tags for a show as this. It takes a second to use them and people appreciate the effort.

Might be worth pointing out that I asked about it before and it wasn't put in the title because the episodes were being shown a couple of days apart. Now that there's a large delay between showings, it'd be worth changing the title now.

The title of the thread does have spoliers in it so people have been warned really.

But they don't know what episodes the spoilers are for. A simple [US] like there is on other threads would stop some little bits and pieces being spoiled for people.

This is a spoiler for a coming episode so I will spoiler it!
    The Lady Sif is coming

• Advertisement

This is a spoiler for a coming episode so I will spoiler it!
    The Lady Sif is coming

Just read that!....wicked casting! :D

Advertisement