Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Weird thought, what are the chances that Skye is the Clairvoyant, she told Quinn to shoot her knowing Coulson and the team would do everything in their power to save her including returning to Tahiti to reveal how Coulson was revived. Marvel arcs are built on the theme of betrayal by a team member, seems a possible outcome at some stage. Clairvoyance could easily be used for hacking things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It's an interesting premise but I would hate that. I don't like it when a show or film lies to its audience and if what your saying turns out to be true, that's what they would have done.

It's like in those murder/slasher who dunnits where one of the main characters turns out to be the killer and they reveal it at the end.....but earlier in the film they show the same character acting afraid and frightened when on their own. Why would they act afraid? They know they are the killer. But at the time the audience doesn't so the acting is for the audience's benefit.....which is stupid and lies to the viewer.

A lot Skye's dialogue and scenes would make no sense if she was the clairvoyant. So it would irritate me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I see the ratings are low in the US:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I really hope it doesn't get cancelled.

It's a decent show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Gbear wrote: »
    I really hope it doesn't get cancelled.

It's a decent show.

It probably won't get cancelled. Most of the experts are predicting it will be renewed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

It probably won't get cancelled. Most of the experts are predicting it will be renewed.

Because they know for now it's a vehicle for their product... That doesn't necessarily bode well for a good tv show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

it definitely wont be cancelled, i said that with 100% certainty at the start of season 1,

while its mainly cable shows that generally get near guaranteed (recently a good few got renewed before even airing an episode) second season renewals, this is the network exception mainly due to the amount of money they know they can make from it, this is a show that could probably generate hundreds of millions away from the tv show, and that is why it wont be cancelled, they'll see how much they generate from the show next year, and if the numbers are good it will get a 3rd season, regardless of ratings,

also no doubt with an avengers film also due out next summer expect a lot more tie ins in season 2,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

It is finally hitting it's stride now. Really looking forward to the next episode after that.
    The Lorelai and Lady Sif stuff was great as the usual "Monster of the Week" storyline, and then the scenes at the end in regards to the overall storyline were great. Excellent ending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

It is finally hitting it's stride now. Really looking forward to the next episode after that.
    The Lorelai and Lady Sif stuff was great as the usual "Monster of the Week" storyline, and then the scenes at the end in regards to the overall storyline were great. Excellent ending.

Utterly BRILLIANT! episode....but, forget Lady Sif....Elena Satine as Lorelai was AWESOME! :D

She blew Jaimie Alexandre out of the water in every regard incl. acting + she got way more screen time!.

But that end......:eek:
    Coulson is going after Fury!!
    .........and then another bombshell!!
    May has been spying and working for Fury the whole time!!

Sooo much epicness my brain cant even process....if you thought last week was good you aint seen nothing yet! :D

jenjenten wrote: »
    Utterly BRILLIANT! episode....but, forget Lady Sif....Elena Satine as Lorelai was AWESOME! :D

She blew Jaimie Alexandre out of the water in every regard incl. acting + she got way more screen time!.

Sooo much epicness my brain cant even process....if you thought last week was good you aint seen nothing yet! :D

+ love all the truth bombs strewn about the place, Lorelai sorted through all the BS and we got some concrete answers about several characters.

In that regard she really did create blood and chaos!

I wonder if that ending ties into The Winter Soldier?...with the heavy focus on SHIELD and *maybe* it has been infiltrated or just not as wholesome an organisation as everyone thinks i wonder if they are scripting based on that?

Either way this is a brilliant new direction the show is going in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

This is awesome, and it's leading the show into The Winter Soldier and even The Avengers 2 as we know
    Shield create Ultron instead of Hank Pym in the comics. In The Winter Soldier trailers it's clear that Cap will go against Shield which will create the scenario where they can't trust the Avengers (well Cap anyway). Also with the internal drama with Coulson and Skye, this will further create the scenario of Ultron.

Also this blog is an interesting read, referring to who Skye might be (Comic Spoilers) http://www.ign.com/blogs/cannonball_nova/2014/01/14/skye-der-woman/

This is awesome, and it's leading the show into The Winter Soldier and even The Avengers 2 as we know
    Shield create Ultron instead of Hank Pym in the comics. In The Winter Soldier trailers it's clear that Cap will go against Shield which will create the scenario where they can't trust the Avengers (well Cap anyway). Also with the internal drama with Coulson and Skye, this will further create the scenario of Ultron.

Also this blog is an interesting read, referring to who Skye might be (Comic Spoilers) http://www.ign.com/blogs/cannonball_nova/2014/01/14/skye-der-woman/

^ that theory has been debunked by many comic book types....the most recent theory is she is
    Mantis

May, what a Bitch. Still think Skye is the Clairvoyant, another theory is her mom or dad is the clairvoyant, Sif said Odin wanted Lorelei, Loki is Odin though so what is Loki planning, his smile at the end of The Avengers makes sense now more so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,331 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

If anyone is watching on RTE 2 it returns this Sunday at 5.30pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,842 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I loved the nod to the Marvel One-Shot's with Agent Jasper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,331 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Adrian Pasdarto guest star as
    Glenn Talbot
    Source

The show went up this week....a 2.1 with 6m viewers. Still a full point off where it should be.......

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jillymayr

even if it goes up, it's still not performing like the block buster everyone hoped it would be

jillymayr wrote: »
    even if it goes up, it's still not performing like the block buster everyone hoped it would be

I dont think it could have held its 4.5, very few shows grow but its deffo well short of what Marvel and ABC wanted. Considering its budget it would need to be pulling in much higher demos...at least a 3.0, imo......

It will get renewed but it needs alot of support from all interested parties. if they got RDJ on the show and Iron Man then there could be hope :)

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Adrian Pasdarto guest star as
    Glenn Talbot
    Source

Sorry...but that tash is brutal! :eek:

http://www.superherohype.com/assets/uploads/2014/03/talbot-marvel.jpg

• Advertisement

we knew may has known all along, her and agent may discussed it in the first episode that coulson can never know,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

don ramo wrote: »
    we knew may has known all along, her and agent may discussed it in the first episode that coulson can never know,

Yeah, but up until now it was assumed that, despite knowing, her allegiance was still to Coulson over SHIELD. Now we're seeing that the team isn't as solid as they first thought.

humanji wrote: »
    Yeah, but up until now it was assumed that, despite knowing, her allegiance was still to Coulson over SHIELD. Now we're seeing that the team isn't as solid as they first thought.
    orders are orders, coulsons secret will have massive ramifications if it ever gets out, the right people need to know when where and what that kind of information will be used for,

may has orders that are far above her friendship with coulson and im not in least bit surprised shes doing what shes doing,

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I don't think May is working completely against Coulsen. I think she is genuinely on his side, but she probably has orders to keep an eye on him specifically related to Tahiti. My guess is that she knows more about it than she has let on too.

stevenmu wrote: »
    I don't think May is working completely against Coulsen. I think she is genuinely on his side, but she probably has orders to keep an eye on him specifically related to Tahiti. My guess is that she knows more about it than she has let on too.

You're probably right....but wouldn't it be more interesting if SHIELD was a rather dirty organisation....it is basically the CIA, NSA and FBI with cool gadgets :)

I'd love if there were subversive elements, Coulson and the team going rogue...May tries to kill Coulson, Fury makes the team enemy #1 etc.

That would be better tv, or...HYDRA has infiltrated the top levels....Fury has been kidnapped and replaced with a LMD etc.

There are tons of interesting ways to play this, season 2 i would like to see more of SHIELD, the organisation....the characters, see more of The Hub...the Helicarrier and all the cool bling.

But that would need budget, we dont know that much about SHIELD or its history or what these levels give you access to. Who is on Level 9 and 10?

Where does the budget come from?....there is tons of story material there to tap into :)

no episode this week......:rolleyes: :mad:

don ramo wrote: »
    orders are orders, coulsons secret will have massive ramifications if it ever gets out, the right people need to know when where and what that kind of information will be used for,

may has orders that are far above her friendship with coulson and im not in least bit surprised shes doing what shes doing,

But Fury is keeping it a secret from SHIELD also!....there has to be more then protecting a secret about an alien, everyone knows aliens exist after New York...so what is he protecting?

Could that blue guy be from Roswell?....is GH325 related to the Super soldiers ala Capt. America?, i think there is more to this and it somehow involves Skye.

I still think Skye is Coulson's daughter and SHIELD erased his memory of that also.

There seems to be alot of super villians in The Fridge.....

But Fury is keeping it a secret from SHIELD also!
    well he is the ultimate spy, his secrets have secrets, id say a very very small group of individuals know about the alien, that bunker they went to was super top secret and the 2 boys didnt give a **** if they were SHIELD or not,

maybe their are aliens operating on earth and fury allows it as it probably necessary for advancing our own technology and understanding of whats out there,

No episode for a couple of weeks, April 1 is the next one in America.

Spoilers on that day should be fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I really hope they don't **** around this much with all the stupid breaks next season.

Advertisement