Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,842 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Gbear wrote: »
    I really hope they don't **** around this much with all the stupid breaks next season.

They will that is how American TV works. 22 weeks of tv spread over 36 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

They will that is how American TV works. 22 weeks of tv spread over 36 weeks.

Daft. Completely counter-productive.

Fair enough having 1 midseason break like the Walking Dead but I don't see who spreading it over that length of time makes sense to.

Daft. Completely counter-productive.

It's done for advertising and tv sweeps weeks which are huge in America and it's all about money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

It's done for advertising and tv sweeps weeks which are huge in America and it's all about money.

they should follow the once upon a time model....10 episode straight run in autumn, break, back in march for 12 episode straight run....no breaks.

but then, the event and flash forward tried that and both got axed so.......

jenjenten wrote: »
    they should follow the once upon a time model....10 episode straight run in autumn, break, back in march for 12 episode straight run....no breaks.

The only reason that happen this year was because of the Winter Olympics. But you are right it would be much better. I just can't see it happening to much money the other way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

That's well and good until there's not enough people left watching to justify running the show anymore.

Of course they don't give a ****e about that either.

That's well and good until there's not enough people left watching to justify running the show anymore.

Of course they don't give a ****e about that either.

well they do....no tv honcho wants to cancel shows, it costs money. Look at CBS....they renew the same lineup year after year....because its a safe bet. Beter the devil you know, if CBS could have 20 seasons of each show they would be happy.

But for the viewer and writers/producers its very boring, the nets dont take risks. I'd prefer if any show older then 8 seasons got axed to try something new....but it never really happens.

No episode for a couple of weeks, April 1 is the next one in America.

Spoilers on that day should be fun.

Coulson is The Clairvoyant!...is the head of HYDRA, kills Fury!
    :eek:

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

the network TV model is gonna change drastically over the next few years, networks will start adopting the cable model of TV shows, 12-16 episode season spread into 1 or 2 blocks, this will also allow them to double up on shows, so rather than have one season of SHIELD you can have a season of SHIELD and a season of Sleepy Hollow, for the same cost, and double up on your online season passes and DVD sales,

the 22 episode model will stick around, but the less is more option will become the norm in the next 3-5 years id say, so youll have 3 months of a tv show then a 9 month break, or youll have 2 months a 3-4 month break then another 2 months of airing, and then 4-5 month wait for the next season,

24 was a great show when it aired, 24 episodes aired over 18 odd weeks, start in january and ended in may, one run straight through,

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

don ramo wrote: »
    24 was a great show when it aired, 24 episodes aired over 18 odd weeks, start in january and ended in may, one run straight through,
    I really really wish every show would do that. All these 2/3 week breaks between episodes, and the huge breaks mid-season, make it so much harder to stay interested and engaged in a storyline, and they have to be hurting ratings too. It makes no sense at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

don ramo wrote: »
    the network TV model is gonna change drastically over the next few years, networks will start adopting the cable model of TV shows, 12-16 episode season spread into 1 or 2 blocks, this will also allow them to double up on shows, so rather than have one season of SHIELD you can have a season of SHIELD and a season of Sleepy Hollow, for the same cost, and double up on your online season passes and DVD sales,

the 22 episode model will stick around, but the less is more option will become the norm in the next 3-5 years id say, so youll have 3 months of a tv show then a 9 month break, or youll have 2 months a 3-4 month break then another 2 months of airing, and then 4-5 month wait for the next season,

Agreed. I just can't believe we are complaining about a model that has been in place for about 50 years. Especially considering it is rapidly changing for the better. I guess a lot of people just don't understand that networks aren't making TV for the love of the artform... Dolla dolla bills ya'll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

The breaks have been particularly bad for this show. At least the next seven episodes are a straight run, we can get back to complaining about other aspects of the show then :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Agreed. I just can't believe we are complaining about a model that has been in place for about 50 years. Especially considering it is rapidly changing for the better. I guess a lot of people just don't understand that networks aren't making TV for the love of the artform... Dolla dolla bills ya'll
    true ya but we have only known about this model for the past 5-7 years really, all our shows this side of the pond have always aired right through, until now, where some shows air within days of their american air dates,

its all $$$ no doubt, but i think SHIELD will be one of those few shows that will be given that extra bit of time to get its footing, cause they know how much money will be made in the long run, HBO found that out the hard way with Rome,

with the way shows are gonna be made over the next few years i really think the golden age of TV is only is only in its infancy right now, all areas of entertainment are only now starting to go truly global, you dont need an office in central hollywood in order to make a TV show, its no longer limited to american money, american sets and american actors,

it should also lead to film makers upping their game also,

The thing with Shield is that Shield in itself is an advertisement for the rest of the Marvel Universe and more so the Disney Universe. So they ABC /Disney will be happy to make 22 episodes a year forever and a day and strech them over 36 weeks.

winter soldier crossover confirmed, hopefully not as lame as the thor 2 crossisode http://deadline.com/2014/03/paleyfest-201-4-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-captain-america-winter-soldier/

agents-of-shield-vs-deathlok.jpg

Looks AWESOME!.....the bus landing on the Helicarrier!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

:D

Captain America : The Winter Soldier gives away a lot of spoilers and explains alot of what is happening in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

WooHoo Amy Acker to guest star :D as
    The Cellist

Source

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,263 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Captain America : The Winter Soldier gives away a lot of spoilers and explains alot of what is happening in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Read a bit where the makers said there's a reason they're airing the next episode right before Winter Soldier's release. Of course that's US release. So think I'll watch next Wednesday then go see the film on Thursday.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Read a bit where the makers said there's a reason they're airing the next episode right before Winter Soldier's release. Of course that's US release. So think I'll watch next Wednesday then go see the film on Thursday.

+ the blue alien has now been confirmed as
    Kree

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,263 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe Spoiler the link as well since the end of the link that's visible says what you've spoilered above.

Though strange how it was revealed.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Oh I forgot that we get "Captain America 2" a week before the yanks so the next episode might seem a bit out of sequence. "Captain America 2" (which is very enjoyable by the way) should definitely have an impact on the TV show. I'd expect a much stronger tie-in than the Thor 2 tie-in.
    Speaking of the Thor 2 tie-in the last episode would have been much better as it tied in far more closely than what they used.

cant wait for Tuesday now! :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

On this side of the Atlantic episodes so far. Very impressed by the first two, nice mixture of suspense and humour. Hopefully can continue on to end of season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Can't wait till tomorrow night :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

next 2 episodes will be huge considering what has happened in the winter soldier. It's actually nexts week episode which will be more interest considering the U.S. release of winter soldier is this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,331 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Patrick Brennan has joinedfor several episodes and will play
    power-hungry villain Marcus Daniels (aka Blackout) and will make his first appearance in the April 15 episode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Finally we get a Fury cameo in the next episode, long overdue, question is will he tell Phil what really happened.
    April Fools

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Finally we get a Fury cameo in the next episode, long overdue, question is will he tell Phil what really happened.
    April Fools

You bastard :pac:

Advertisement