Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,842 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm expecting the rest of this season and most of next season (It will be renewed) to be a lead into The Avengers: Age of Ultron and Phase Three of the M.C.U after GoTG there won't be another Marvel movie till Age of Ultron next April.

Marvel will want to keep fans happy and intersted in what will happen in Age of Ultron. I would expect a good few cameos and teasers next season about what will happen in Age of Ultron.

I really just hope now they can keep up the strong writing. I think we can see now that the series writers had there hands tied a small bit in what they could do because of what was happening in Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

What a douche. He's the reason I stopped watching Arrow - not even a good actor. The show had so much promise. Should've kept Justin Hartley (who played the role in Smallville) as Arrow.
    That's upsettingly childish.

To be fair, his first comment comes off as jovial and tongue in cheek.

The second one just seems to be irritation....probably at a hundred tweets he doesn't understand.

A persons every thought shouldn't be recorded and that is what Twitter allows. Now you might argue its his own dumb fault for using twitter like that in the first place......but we all do and say stupid things throughout our day and I wouldn't hold it against somebody because of the occasional grumpy comment.

On a side note Hartley was far too Abercrombie and fitch. Nobody is going to buy him as a grizzled killer who survived 5 years on an island. Now, I don't buy Amell as that either but replacing a bad casting with another bad casting doesn't fix anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

So good

original.jpg?w=600&h

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Another great episode. In the annual awards for most improved show, this show is a shoo-in. :)

Chloe Bennet did a great job with her scenes towards the end...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,225 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Loved Simmons response to what's in the dessert island box :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭audidiesel

great episode. especially loved the bit where
    the penny literally dropped

I also liked the way they showed Shield and Hydra are two sides of the same coin again this keeps with what Alexander Pierce said to Fury in Captain 2.

Shield experimenting on Blackout to make him stronger. I wonder who else will we see that Shield experimented on.

Next weeks promo:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

flazio wrote: »
    Loved Simmons response to what's in the dessert island box :D

Yes. She immediately took the place as my favourite character in the show for that response alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Despite watching both the Captain America films and the last few episodes of Agents of Shield I'm struggling to understand what Hydra stands for (philosophically) or what prompts loads of government agents to turn and risk their lives to follow Hydra. At least in Capt. America 1 they actually had a seemingly charismatic leader but now they don't even seem to have any sort of leadership. I'm guessing its a generic take over the world sort of organisation??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Kirby wrote: »
    To be fair, his first comment comes off as jovial and tongue in cheek.

The second one just seems to be irritation....probably at a hundred tweets he doesn't understand.

A persons every thought shouldn't be recorded and that is what Twitter allows. Now you might argue its his own dumb fault for using twitter like that in the first place......but we all do and say stupid things throughout our day and I wouldn't hold it against somebody because of the occasional grumpy comment.

On a side note Hartley was far too Abercrombie and fitch. Nobody is going to buy him as a grizzled killer who survived 5 years on an island. Now, I don't buy Amell as that either but replacing a bad casting with another bad casting doesn't fix anything.

Actually to be even more fair, this is (a) several posters taking those tweets out of context and (b) several posters not understanding that the top most tweet is most recent. Th full context of that is Stephen Amell stated on his Twitter that he didn't know what hail hydra meant, because it was trending. Loads of people posted explaining so he clarified that he didn't care. People then replied that he should watch Cap to understand, so he made the crack about not watching Marvel, which as I read it, was just a joke based on the fact that he is a DC actor.

Yes. She immediately took the place as my favourite character in the show for that response alone.

This and the fact that Fitz is admitting his feelings for her probably means
    She'll be dead by series end.
    (Not because of you specifically SLVB but because she became so loved by geek fandom for that.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

This and the fact that Fitz is admitting his feelings for her probably means
    She'll be dead by series end.
    (Not because of you specifically SLVB but because she became so loved by geek fandom for that.)

Or when Ward passed lie detector test by stating Skye was his reason for being there, was that echoing Fitz saying Simmons was his reason earlier meaning that spoiler
    Fitz is Hydra too?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

rockbeast wrote: »
    Or when Ward passed lie detector test by stating Skye was his reason for being there, was that echoing Fitz saying Simmons was his reason earlier meaning that spoiler
    Fitz is Hydra too?!!

Fitz answered Simmons to the box question, nothing sinister in it.

So Skye says her name in the orphanage was Mary Sue Poots.
    Well what if it was a mis print and her actual surname is Potts?

Despite watching both the Captain America films and the last few episodes of Agents of Shield I'm struggling to understand what Hydra stands for (philosophically) or what prompts loads of government agents to turn and risk their lives to follow Hydra. At least in Capt. America 1 they actually had a seemingly charismatic leader but now they don't even seem to have any sort of leadership. I'm guessing its a generic take over the world sort of organisation??

Hydra's belief is that humanity can't be trusted and must be controlled (take away freedom). Obviously after New York some SHIELD agents aligned with this philosophy due to how close the world came to destruction and enslavement.

Also now superheroes with powers were showing up and some didn't believe SHIELD in its current ethos and form could deal with it. Hence they decided to turn to HYDRA .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

So HYDRA is a centralised bureaucratic entity that seeks unprecedented power over the lives of people with a executive branch to enforce this. Oh dear - Hydra = EU :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

it seems kinda idiotic for HYDRA to do what they done, i mean they successfully integrated themselves into S.H.I.E.L.D, the single most powerful agency on the planet, why even bother revealing yourself, they were more or less running the show already,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

don ramo wrote: »
    it seems kinda idiotic for HYDRA to do what they done, i mean they successfully integrated themselves into S.H.I.E.L.D, the single most powerful agency on the planet, why even bother revealing yourself, they were more or less running the show already,
    Wasn't that stuff uncovered in
    Captain America 2
    ? I think that forced their hand into revealing themselves. Cant quite remember.

In Cap 2, when the helicarriers were going up, we saw a glimpse of some of the targets like Stephen Strange, Bruce Banner and Avengers tower. So when those targets were taken out it would have become apparent to Hill, Fury & Coulson that there was an infiltration of SHIELD due to there allies being assassinated.

• Advertisement

RTÉ's censors are clearly not as sensitive as Channel 4's. Look at the end scene where Ward shoots Garrets guards and Hand on 4OD, now look at the same on RTÉ player. And this despite the fact that it airs later on Channel 4 then it does on RTÉ Two these days.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

RTÉ's censors are clearly not as sensitive as Channel 4's. Look at the end scene where Ward shoots Garrets guards and Hand on 4OD, now look at the same on RTÉ player. And this despite the fact that it airs later on Channel 4 then it does on RTÉ Two these days.

I'd say it's more to do with Channel 4 having a more robust censor department I'd imagine, they do a lot more for dubbing out swear words as well, I'd imagine RTÉ get their copy from the suppliers and just play it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Manach wrote: »
    So HYDRA is a centralised bureaucratic entity that seeks unprecedented power over the lives of people with a executive branch to enforce this. Oh dear - Hydra = EU :).

In fairness, they sound an awful lot like the HSE too.

Their plan in Cap2 was
    to kill off everyone who they calculated could stop them. Then they'd have utter control of the world. If they didn't, there's always be forces out of their control who'd try to stop them. Stark, Cap, Thor and Banner had all expressed mistrust in SHIELD and there's always be other people that we don't get to see in the shows or films. They were guaranteeing their success (or at least trying to).

Doesn't the Channel 4 one also go out earlier in repeats, though? That might explain why they edited it down.

Maria Hill tomorrow name checks Man-Thing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Is the guy Garret mentions to Ward (in the Fridge) who changed his hands to lion paws an actual Marvel character, or is that just a bit of a joke about supervillains?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

humanji wrote: »
    Is the guy Garret mentions to Ward (in the Fridge) who changed his hands to lion paws an actual Marvel character, or is that just a bit of a joke about supervillains?

Might be this guy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griffin_(Marvel_Comics)

humanji wrote: »
    Doesn't the Channel 4 one also go out earlier in repeats, though? That might explain why they edited it down.
    I watched the Channel 4 premiere airing on Friday night. It was the same cut as what you see on 4od.
    I imagine RTÉ are somewhat covered by the PS (parental supervision) tag they put on the front of the program. Channel 4 doesn't have a system like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Yeah he name checked horton if I remember correctly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

:)

Looks at self in mirror,

• Advertisement

Nice twist :eek:

Advertisement