Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭audidiesel

Bloody hell, wasn't expecting that. I wonder do they make up some way for them to survive or not. Either way I cant wait for the finale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I really hope they survive - there must be something in there with them that will help them escape and get to safety... Was not expecting that though - there's no redemption for Ward now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I think he was giving them oxygen while pressing all the buttons before cutting them loose, or Ward has just become a real hero taking out two of the most annoying tv characters in history. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,225 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I think he was giving them oxygen while pressing all the buttons before cutting them loose, or Ward has just become a real hero taking out two of the most annoying tv characters in history. ;)
    Perhaps the
    TARDIS
    is in that box. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

I can't see them killing off two main characters like that, at most one of them will die.

• Advertisement

I can't see them killing off two main characters like that, at most one of them will die.
    You realise this is a Joss Whedon show right? The man has form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Deathlok could be in there with them, give Mike back a little humanity saving them while Garret is distracted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

They were in a self contained box that was on wheels next to a door that could be opened during flight. Something tells me that the thing they were in was designed for what happened. They should be fine, just abandoned in the middle of nowhere waiting for rescue, no longer a threat to the bad guys.

bluesfan wrote: »
    They were in a self contained box that was on wheels next to a door that could be opened during flight. Something tells me that the thing they were in was designed for what happened. They should be fine, just abandoned in the middle of nowhere waiting for rescue, no longer a threat to the bad guys.

In other words Thunderbird 4 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,841 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They will be found..
    Triplett gave Fitz a walkie talkie with a built in homing beacon from his grandfathers howling commandos gear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Great episode. Can't wait for the Finale now.

I think Ward gave them a fighting chance (like the dog). He had to "get rid" out of Garrett's eyeshot or Garrett would have put a bullet in them, like the dog (I think after Ward let the dog go free, Garrett shot it). Fitz also has the quarter walkie talkie remember and I think Ward copped that when Fitz pulled out the zapper thing (it was in his hand too).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

shinny wrote: »
    Great episode. Can't wait for the Finale now.

I think Ward gave them a fighting chance (like the dog). He had to "get rid" out of Garrett's eyeshot or Garrett would have put a bullet in them, like the dog (I think after Ward let the dog go free, Garrett shot it). Fitz also has the quarter walkie talkie remember and I think Ward copped that when Fitz pulled out the zapper thing (it was in his hand too).
    yup and i somehow think garrett knows ward didnt kill them, but he has other things to deal with, i can see garrett ditching ward at some point, due to his unreliability, and at the start of season 2 we will have ward back in the wild and coulson and the team coming to get him, either that or ward will make the ultimate sacrifice in order to take garrett out,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭audidiesel

shinny wrote: »
    Fitz also has the quarter walkie talkie remember and I think Ward copped that when Fitz pulled out the zapper thing (it was in his hand too).

I doubt ward could have any clue about the quarter though. Tech from the howling commandoes days that looks like an ordinary quarter. How would he know what it is.

I do think that walkie talkie will save them though once Coulson realises they are missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I actually find the Hydra team much more interesting than the Shield team. Garrett for one is more funny than Coulson and Raina motives are still unexplained. Really looking forward to the finale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

don ramo wrote: »
    yup and i somehow think garrett knows ward didnt kill them, but he has other things to deal with, i can see garrett ditching ward at some point, due to his unreliability, and at the start of season 2 we will have ward back in the wild and coulson and the team coming to get him, either that or ward will make the ultimate sacrifice in order to take garrett out,

no no no...no more bull**** clíche endings...Ward is just evil and lets leave it at that. No need for him to redeem himself or any of that crap. Yes I liked him on Coulson's team but now that his replacement is on board either keep him evil or have him die defending Garrett etc. But no redemption shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Blazer wrote: »
    no no no...no more bull**** clíche endings...Ward is just evil and lets leave it at that. No need for him to redeem himself or any of that crap. Yes I liked him on Coulson's team but now that his replacement is on board either keep him evil or have him die defending Garrett etc. But no redemption shíte.

I think you're going to be disappointed then ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Blazer wrote: »
    i agree with you 100%, but their already trying to make us like him again with him not killing the dog and his reluctance to torture skye, and to kill fitz and simmons,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

i agree with you 100%, but their already trying to make us like him again with him not killing the dog and his reluctance to torture skye, and to kill fitz and simmons,

balls :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

The Agent Carter series also got greenlighted, it'll be interested to see the origins of SHIELD and see Howard Stark do his stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Thrill wrote: »

My biggest hope for series 2 (so far) is that they keep Triplett.
    The Agent Carter series also got greenlighted, it'll be interested to see the origins of SHIELD and see Howard Stark do his stuff.

The one-shot was fantastic. I really hope they can keep the standard.

Can I just throw an idea here to see if it has legs, Should we ask for a 'Marvel Cinematic Universe' Sub forum in the 'Sci Fi & Fantasy' section of Boards now that we have so many movies, TV series, shorts and tie in comics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No harm in asking!

If Ward turns out to be a double agent (working in secret for Fury), I'm going to be so pissed off. It'll be like a big magic reset button for season 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Mr E wrote: »
    No harm in asking!

If Ward turns out to be a double agent (working in secret for Fury), I'm going to be so pissed off. It'll be like a big magic reset button for season 2.

would Fury really have sanctioned that if it means killing high level Shield agents?

If it gets rejected we can always hijack the 'Joss Whedon' subforum :pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I don't think so. They seemed to be at pains to be rubbishing any excuse for Ward's behaviour in this episode. I do reckon he'll die trying to redeem himself which will be a bit of a tired cliché.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I suppose I shouldn't really criticise Ward coming back to the light side if it happens. I watch Once Upon a Time where 2 characters with high bodycounts have done that

No harm in asking!

Done

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

He did kill the dog, didn't he? The first shot was to get the dog running, afterwhich he took aim with his rifle.

Advertisement