Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Really hope Marvel's Most Wanted is definitely happening - it seems it will, but I want that official announcement asap.

They've shot a pilot for it; putting the finishing touches on it at the moment. They still need to show it to the head honchos and get an order for a full season. Here's hoping it gets greenlit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,143 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Even though the episode was just a glorified backdoor pilot or whatever and that the story made little sense, I enjoyed the hell out of that episode.

And I'd definitely like to echo the others and say that bar scene was spectacularly well done. I say it almost every episode where Mack has any real involvement, but for me he's probably the best character in the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Something in my eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Average-Ro wrote: »
    They've shot a pilot for it; putting the finishing touches on it at the moment. They still need to show it to the head honchos and get an order for a full season. Here's hoping it gets greenlit!

I really like the characters but I’m a bit worried that I wont be a fan of the spin-off. From what I’ve read so far it seems like it’ll have little connection with the main Marvel universe and more of a mercenary ‘job of the week’. Marvel shows have gotten it right (to various degrees) so far so I hold out hope.

At least if it goes poorly they can always bring them back into the SHIELD fold down the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭Ronanc1

The ending bar scene kinda went like this for me. Shot of Simmons "Ugh this is getting cheesy and is so sloppy, backdoor pilot stuff..." more shots of more characters. Feels are building. "Hey this is kinda getting sad!" Initial Shot of Mack "Ahem I've got a little catch in my throat" Second lingering teary eyed shot of Mack....the flood gates are open!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

That end was really well done

lie_down__try_not_to_cry__cry_a_lot_combo_by_badflippy-d5t596e-630x322.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I thought I could get through the scene without crying this time, but you can't not let the tears out when they go back to Mack for that second shot...

That Bar Scene... One Last Time

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I think everyone was doing fine, until it cut back to Mack for that 2nd shot, that really hammered home the sadness of the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

wierd awkward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

glad to see it wasn't just me tearing up.
    Man I'm going to miss Hunter..he's a fantastic character.Its just going to seem so boring without him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Don't be sad guys. When the spinoff tanks, they will both be back. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,837 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I could see Hunter fitting in very well on one of the Netflix shows it they were ever to do a cross over from the ABC family of shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I could see Hunter fitting in very well on one of the Netflix shows it they were ever to do a cross over from the ABC family of shows.

Which hopefully never happens.

I would expect plenty of crossovers leading up to Infinity War across all the MCU shows even if only briefly even across ABC and Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I'm not sure why the automatic resistance to this.

If they appeared in a netflix series they'd be in that part of the marvel world and under the netlix show-runners so I wouldn't have any fear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

What a scene... Well done Marvel/ABC...
    That was genius...

P.S. will miss Hunter.. Good guy, great character

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

It was well filmed but a tad cheesy. Given they were meant to be watched, it was kind of funny there were SHIELD agents all around staring openly at them until they could salute them :D

Aside from that though, it was lessened by knowing they're not really leaving us but being set up for a pilot and it gave the whole thing a bit of a rushed feel IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Daniel Whitehall
    returning in Episode 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

ok I think I might be the only one who didnt well up at that bar scene. it wasnt that great. I will miss those two though.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

That was a lovely ending for the two characters. I liked Hunter, hopefully he'll be back in Most Wanted.

It was announced Oded Fehr (from Covert Affairs) is to star in Most Wanted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Shotgun Axe!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Starting to build very nicely to Civil War. Mack, Fitz and Daisy off on missions together is the best trio, now that Hunter has gone - that's nothing against any of the other characters, it's just the chemistry between that lot really works particularly well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

very unsubtle dialogue in that episode

are suppossod to have seen the watchdogs before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Mr E wrote: »
    Great episode, but the 3 months from now piece at the start was a bit vague.
    Looking forward to seeing what Ward can do now (and reactions from others when they see he is still alive).

Delighted to see that
    Elena
    is going to be a series regular. Holy moley.... :D

Is that the same actress in The Blacklist?
    I thought I could get through the scene without crying this time, but you can't not let the tears out when they go back to Mack for that second shot...

That Bar Scene... One Last Time

It seems that even the video 'broke down' no pun intended :D
    Marje wrote: »
    That was a lovely ending for the two characters. I liked Hunter, hopefully he'll be back in Most Wanted.

It was announced Oded Fehr (from Covert Affairs) is to star in Most Wanted.

I keep forgetting him for Arnold Vosloo (The Mummy) afaik he was in ResidentEvil?

That was a really great episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Yep, enjoyed that. And very happy that they couldn't actually change the future. If the guys power is to show you someones death from your own perspective, and there is no else shown in the final space flashforward, does that mean dead Daisy? Also, guessing that Lash's balance-to-the-force "purpose" is he's there to deal with Ward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

That was a really great episode.

but you already knew that anyway ;)
    James74 wrote: »
    Yep, enjoyed that. And very happy that they couldn't actually change the future. If the guys power is to show you someones death from your own perspective, and there is no else shown in the final space flashforward, does that mean dead Daisy? Also, guessing that Lash's balance-to-the-force "purpose" is he's there to deal with Ward.

Looks like Lash is their only hope against Ward, as long as they stay out of his way, btw what was it again that consumed Ward, was it cree?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Looks like Lash is their only hope against Ward, as long as they stay out of his way, btw what was it again that consumed Ward, was it cree?
    Ward was consumed by an Inhuman called Hive whose worshipers become known as HYDRA

Also did anybody watching a stream of the current episode have it cut off in the middle of episode and show an abc news report on Ted Cruz for around 2 minutes. Tried it on showbox and exodus and it was the same stream.

Advertisement