Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Ward was consumed by an Inhuman called Hive whose worshipers become known as HYDRA

Also did anybody watching a stream of the current episode have it cut off in the middle of episode and show an abc news report on Ted Cruz for around 2 minutes. Tried it on showbox and exodus and it was the same stream.

Yeah same thing happened with my stream. For a second I thought it was party of the show :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

gazzer wrote: »
    Yeah same thing happened with my stream. For a second I thought it was party of the show :)

Ditto :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

bit weird for someone recording stream to not include ads yet includes news report

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,837 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Illegal stream paid for by the Republian Party propaganda department.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,227 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Hang on. Before I start, awesome episode. Ward is a fecking proper bad guy now. But that's where I have one small niggle. If he's so powerful and can just consume life, why was he trying to leave when Shield showed up? Why didn't he just go all skin sucky and kill everyone?!

But, other than that, excellent episode. Plus, an especially violent one for a Shield episode. They went way further with the head scene than I thought they would. And even the Ward future scene was longer than it usually was. Marvel starting to get into their dark side in their more light sided shows! I like it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Hang on. Before I start, awesome episode. Ward is a fecking proper bad guy now. But that's where I have one small niggle. If he's so powerful and can just consume life, why was he trying to leave when Shield showed up? Why didn't he just go all skin sucky and kill everyone?!

We have to presume Ward Hive has a plan here. Based on the look on Malick's face at the end, it doesn't end well for anyone.

Also AFAIK, Hive is a parasite or at least made up of a bunch of parasites. Although I think in small groups, he could "go all skin sucky" I doubt he could take out a bunch of SHIELD agents before they had a chance to destroy Ward's body. Remember, Hive was limited by the damage to Will's body and was fairly easy to "kill" - although Hive lived, he had to find a new host.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,143 ✭✭✭✭Penn

We have to presume Ward Hive has a plan here. Based on the look on Malick's face at the end, it doesn't end well for anyone.

Also AFAIK, Hive is a parasite or at least made up of a bunch of parasites. Although I think in small groups, he could "go all skin sucky" I doubt he could take out a bunch of SHIELD agents before they had a chance to destroy Ward's body. Remember, Hive was limited by the damage to Will's body and was fairly easy to "kill" - although Hive lived, he had to find a new host.

He also told his men they could kill SHIELD agents, unless they were Inhuman. I'm guessing he wants to keep the Inhuman ones alive to control them or something. Makes sense why he wouldn't want to take on SHIELD just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Penn wrote: »
    He also told his men they could kill SHIELD agents, unless they were Inhuman. I'm guessing he wants to keep the Inhuman ones alive to control them or something. Makes sense why he wouldn't want to take on SHIELD just yet.
    It seems so far that Hive feeds off of inhumans, whether he just kills them outright or can absorb any of their powers (a la Sylar in Heroes), I don't know. It was said that Watchdogs have multiple cells, so it might be that the cells will try take out ACTU facilities of importance and steal anything deemed valuable by HYDRA.

I can foresee a showdown between Lash and Hive in future episodes, probably not long after Civil War drops in cinemas, and the fallout from the battles in the movie have taken their toll on civilians/inhumans/powered alike, and HYDRA tries to regain ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I don't see how the series will tie into the movie apart from in passing, like they tied into Age of Ultron. There's talk of a civil war in SHIELD with the pro and anti Inhuman supporters. But since the movies likely won't mention the Inhumans until closer to their movie, it won't tie in.
    I'd say will just be about those for and against registering Inhumans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I don't see how the series will tie into the movie apart from in passing, like they tied into Age of Ultron. There's talk of a civil war in SHIELD with the pro and anti Inhuman supporters. But since the movies likely won't mention the Inhumans until closer to their movie, it won't tie in.
    I'd say will just be about those for and against registering Inhumans.

Two years ago, I would've said there was no way Captain America: The Winter Soldier would have any sort of real affect on AoS but it basically turned the show into what it is today. Not that I'm saying the same will happen again but it very well could.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So the plan is that in order to rescue the team who are possibly in immediate danger, they're going to travel around and collect the Secret Warriors? If only they had a teleporter handy.

Who are the other Secret Warriors? Daisy, Lincoln, melty dude, YoYo, and is female Madrox one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Clip from this week's Lip sync battle which is the next step in the dubsmash war between Hayley Atwell and Clark Gregg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,227 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Clip from this week's Lip sync battle which is the next step in the dubsmash war between Hayley Atwell and Clark Gregg

That man is a Legend!

Fitz and Simmons :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Loved the episode. If they make it through the rest of the season, I'd love to see Joey and Elena join the team permanently next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

yeah good episode. I am glad they have gone this route with daisy as the team dynamic needed a shake-up. Still not sure what Hydra wants. Does he want to rule the world or he is just a bored and evil?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

jaysus......that episode was a little unsettling..........

building up nicely though......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Loved the episode. If they make it through the rest of the season, I'd love to see Joey and Elena join the team permanently next season.

Yeah Juan Pablo Raba needs more screen time. He was excellent in Narcos.

He's wasted on a show like this tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

love how even in death ward is still all psycho for daisy, or as he called her skye, id say that will be his downfall trying to manipulate her again, id say shes strong enough to break the hive mind, shes probably the worst person to introduce to the hive,

i cant believe she leveled the base also as she left, and that she killed malik, i was thinking his betrayal of hive is what would have killed him in the end,

i wonder if theyll still use the inhumans team with lincoln now in charge, id say the way daisy influenced him will make him a better person in the long run, or are they gonna be sidelined till they find i way to remove hive

really loving this season and the show, it just goes from strength to strength, i wonder is civil war gonna influence the show after next week,

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The May 10th episode will be massive..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

This would be my vote for most improved show in the last few years. It really has become a must-watch for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Leveling the base is probably to close a potential plot hole/complaint as to why SHIELD doesn’t turn up during a big set piece battle during Civil War.

I'm also guessing that the biggest influence the movie will have on AoS is the end solution that comes out to deal with ‘special people’. Could put some/all the Secret Warriors on the run or against SHIELD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Leveling the base is probably to close a potential plot hole/complaint as to why SHIELD doesn’t turn up during a big set piece battle during Civil War.

I'm also guessing that the biggest influence the movie will have on AoS is the end solution that comes out to deal with ‘special people’. Could put some/all the Secret Warriors on the run or against SHIELD.

so the leveling of the base then not so much.

SHIELD is no longer supposed to exist. They're operating in the shadows. That's why when it comes to dealing with Inhumans, a new government agency (ACTU) were set up, which is now secretly working under SHIELD's commands. Even when the Helicarrier turned up in Age of Ultron, Fury hasn't revealed SHIELD is back up and running, he just said he got the Helicarrier with the help of some friends.

Penn wrote: »
    SHIELD is no longer supposed to exist. They're operating in the shadows. That's why when it comes to dealing with Inhumans, a new government agency (ACTU) were set up, which is now secretly working under SHIELD's commands. Even when the Helicarrier turned up in Age of Ultron, Fury hasn't revealed SHIELD is back up and running, he just said he got the Helicarrier with the help of some friends.

I agree with some of that but SHIELD have tried to play their part in every big incident that they have any notice of.

Even in AoU, SHIELD provided the intel for the initial raid and also the refurbished Helicarrier, which is pretty much all they could do at that stage given how they were still decimated from Hydra. I wouldn’t read too much into Fury’s line as I’d see it as more of a nod to fans rather than saying ‘SHIELD gave it to me’, which would be more confusing to non-AoU fans than his vague answer.

I doubt that the new Avengers Initiative is totally blind to SHIELD’s existence, though I would expect that Coulson health is still kept a secret.

I was clearly wrong on the base damage, as they got around it quickly and with the strike on Hydra the ACTU/SHIELD forces are clearly even larger than they’ve appeared before. It is a sign of how serious the government is to deal with this threat, which leads into the atmosphere that will give rise to ‘Civil War’.

I agree with some of that but SHIELD have tried to play their part in every big incident that they have any notice of.

Even in AoU, SHIELD provided the intel for the initial raid and also the refurbished Helicarrier, which is pretty much all they could do at that stage given how they were still decimated from Hydra. I wouldn’t read too much into Fury’s line as I’d see it as more of a nod to fans rather than saying ‘SHIELD gave it to me’, which would be more confusing to non-AoU fans than his vague answer.

I doubt that the new Avengers Initiative is totally blind to SHIELD’s existence, though I would expect that Coulson health is still kept a secret.

I was clearly wrong on the base damage, as they got around it quickly and with the strike on Hydra the ACTU/SHIELD forces are clearly even larger than they’ve appeared before. It is a sign of how serious the government is to deal with this threat, which leads into the atmosphere that will give rise to ‘Civil War’.

I'd also agree with much of that, I'm just saying why it wouldn't be a plot hole for SHIELD not to show up during Civil War. They're supposed to be a much more secret organisation than they were previously, and given that they're fighting their own battles, they're simply not going to get involved.

AoS will always be influenced with the movies and have some sort of tie-in, but it makes sense that they're not going to show up in the movies. They're a completely different organisation than they were before.

No lead into CW but I expect the fall out from it will be seen in the coming weeks.

It's heading for a big show down before the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Next week's episode will be the lead out from Civil War

There’s only 2 more episodes (next one and a double) so I wouldn’t be surprised that if it only gets a nod amongst the Hive and Daisy issues the team is facing at the moment.

As episodes progress to me it’s more likely that they’ll only start dealing with the ramifications of a post civil war world when next season kicks off.

I think an outside shot of making an appearance in CW, as an early bad guy, could be the Watchdogs, as they were sort of just thrown into an episode with no buildup but it was made out as if they were a well known organization who have caused problems against people with powers.

Obviously no one saw the post Winter Soldier twist so anything could happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

2 hour season finale next week.

Advertisement