Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,334 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

2 hour season finale next week.

It's the week after. There's another episode before the finale.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Seeing as I probably won't see Civil War for a while should I watch next weeks episode?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I'm not expecting much of a crossover or connection with Civil War the TV and film divisions in Marvel were changed last year and are more separate then before. Maybe a small mention but nothing on the Winter Soldier level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

There was just a hint of Civil War mentioned this week when Hive said about billionaires with iron suits and military making super soldiers and how they're destined to clash or something along those lines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Zaph wrote: »
    It's the week after. There's another episode before the finale.

I could of sworn they said next weeks was a two hour episode. I figured it was the two episodes in one for the finale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I could of sworn they said next weeks was a two hour episode. I figured it was the two episodes in one for the finale.
    Episode 20 is next week and is the fallout from the events in CW. The week after next will be episodes 21 and 22 (two-part finale).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,143 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think they meant next week's was the last one before the two hour finale. Confused me too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,227 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

It's actually really well written to tie in with the films, just not in such an obvious sense. Hive is the biggest threat to the world right now, and it always made me wonder why the Avengers, or at least some of them, were not getting involved. I can't remember if the Avengers still think Coulson is dead, but after seeing Civil War
    I reckon the timelines are crossed, ie: what happens in Civil War over a few days is happening the same time as this episode, the previous few and the coming few. All along, SHIELD thought they could make a cure, or anti-virus, for HIVE. This week, they've finally realised that nothing they can do will work. And now they can't ask the Avengers to help, as they're all tied up fighting each other and either rebelling against or paying heed to the Sokovia Accords. For those against it, they're on the run, being hunted by the Government and the other Avengers. For those on the side of the Accords, they're not allowed to help without the go-ahead from the UN, and if SHIELD still doesn't exist, the UN wouldn't know about what's happening with them!

I haven't been this interested in tv shows ever. The writers behind Agents, The Flash, Gotham, Arrow (mostly), I hope they're getting paid way above their average. Amazing shows, and most of them are somehow getting better and better! And thanks for the heads up about the 2-part same-night finale in two weeks. Last year, I actually nearly spoiled it for me by coming on here before seeing the last episode!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The writing on Flash and Arrow is far below what agents of shield serve up. The only awards those guys deserve are razzies.

Kirby wrote: »
    The writing on Flash and Arrow is far below what agents of shield serve up. The only awards those guys deserve are razzies.

I'd definitely disagree with that. For me Flash is up there with AoS. Both shows will occasionally have bad weeks, and they're both fairly different tones in terms of level of humour, action etc. But both shows can have moments and episodes of pure brilliance. Arrow, yeah fair enough. Haven't watched any of Season 4 of Arrow, but it's more troughs than peaks.

I will say this though, the award for Best Teary-Eyed Ensemble Cast will definitely go to AoS, Mack and Daisy in particular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Kirby wrote: »
    Not to get too far off topic, but compared to Gotham, Flash and Arrow are positively Shakespearian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,635 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Watched last night and definitely said next week is a 2 hour special.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Watched last night and definitely said next week is a 2 hour special.

They say it a really weird way along the lines of Only one week left until our 2 hour season finale. Which although it sounds like it means next week is the season finale they actually mean only 1 more episode until the season finale.

At least that has been what it was the previous times they have made such statements cos yeah they always say it in that odd way so it stands out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Can someone who has seen Civil War comment on how spoilery this week's episode is to the film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Can someone who has seen Civil War comment on how spoilery this week's episode is to the film.

It's quite spoilery. I'd recommend seeing Civil War first.

Great episode though.

Great episode. Really great. Kinda disappointed with the resolve of the Lash element of the story as I'd hoped the season would come down to a huge fight between him and Hive, but the little bit of battle they did have was great. Also enjoyed Lincoln (for once). He's becoming a great member of the team and good to see he's not a moron going after Daisy.

Also enjoyed the huge homage to Ghost Rider :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,837 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Penn wrote: »

That little bit was ten times better than the two Nic Cage movies put together :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I know some might disagree, but Brett Dalton has done a good job portraying Hive so far, then again he's done a good job since the show started back in 2012.

Also re: Hive v. Lash, I was hoping that'd be kept for the finale, and have to 2 duke it out, but alas it didn't happen..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I think he is supposed to be Hellfire who was a secret warrior in the comics but wasn't an inhuman. He was a descendant of the phantom rider

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I know some might disagree, but Brett Dalton has done a good job portraying Hive so far, then again he's done a good job since the show started back in 2012.

I definitely wouldn't disagree with that. He was a bit one-dimensional for the first half of season 1 (with obvious reason) but since then I think he's been fantastic. His craziness in season 2, his pure badassery in the first half of season 3 and now as Hive, he's been amazing.
    I think he is supposed to be Hellfire who was a secret warrior in the comics but wasn't an inhuman. He was a descendant of the phantom rider

Really? Nice, that's awesome. Wouldn't have copped that at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Yep, I think he even quiped about considering the name Hellfire but then dismissed it.

Liked the all-too-brief Lash v Hive slapdown and even liked the switcheroo of Lash's purpose was to save Daisy not kill Hive, but it has left me wondering what the purpose of the earlier pyscho-Lash killing spree was? To me it feels a bit like a late rewrite to the end of the season. What I'm hoping is that the writers realised that the audience didn't find Neo/Ward that much of a threat because everyone knew that Lash was waiting in the wings to kick his ass. Now all bets are off. In fact Civil War now looks likes petty bickering compared to what the poor Shield dudes are facing.

Well played AoS, well played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I thought Lash's exit was far too easy to be honest. This guy clearly was capable of doing serious damage to the the big bad Hive but Aussie guy can take him out with a sucker shot from his fire chain?
    I'd have preferred it they had Hive escape while Lash was distracted by the Hills Have Eyes gang, and to have Hive on the ropes until another smackxown with Lash nexr week with some new development that gives Hive the upper hand again.

James74 wrote: »
    Yep, I think he even quiped about considering the name Hellfire but then dismissed it.

Liked the all-too-brief Lash v Hive slapdown and even liked the switcheroo of Lash's purpose was to save Daisy not kill Hive, but it has left me wondering what the purpose of the earlier pyscho-Lash killing spree was? To me it feels a bit like a late rewrite to the end of the season. What I'm hoping is that the writers realised that the audience didn't find Neo/Ward that much of a threat because everyone knew that Lash was waiting in the wings to kick his ass. Now all bets are off. In fact Civil War now looks likes petty bickering compared to what the poor Shield dudes are facing.

Well played AoS, well played.

I'm guessing part of Lash's purpose earlier in the season was to kill Inhumans who Hive would have otherwise taken control of. So by killing those Inhumans earlier in the season, Hive doesn't have as many Inhuman followers as he otherwise would have.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

duridian, I agree that Lash's exit seemed rushed, that's why I suspect a late change to the plan of the season. That two second shot of May over his body felt a bit tagged on. There was no emotional punch that you feel would have been included if the writers had been planning this all along. But I do like that he's not there anymore. Having Lash in reserve was too powerful a counter for Hive to be a real threat. Now our protagonists are in a real spot of bother.

...of course I could be overthinking this a bit :)

'Most Wanted', Hunter & Bobbi's spin-off hasn't been picked up, so I imagine they'll be back in AoS somehow next season.

Agent Carter has also been cancelled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

I'm not surprised that Agent Carter was cancelled. The second season was poor.

I'm a bit concerned with Mack being given the crucifix and Daisy's vision. That would be a big loss to the show.

Disappointed that Lash got taken out so easily given how tough he was previously. The idea that his purpose was to save Daisy is silly, making her out to be the chosen one. His purpose as a counter to Hive is logical (as far as logic can be applied to genetically derived superpowers). Either way, an enjoyable episode. Looking forward to the finale.

Sarn wrote: »
    I'm a bit concerned with Mack being given the crucifix and Daisy's vision. That would be a big loss to the show.

My only hope is the shoulder of the agent we saw in the death-scene has the Shield logo on it, so they were wearing a Shield uniform. I don't think Mack has ever worn a Shield uniform in the show.

I really hope it's not him either. He's my favourite character in the show and has been immense this season. He plays off almost every single other character so well and there's a lot more they can do with his character.

My money's on May. Now that they have an Inhuman team and Daisy's pretty much every bit as good a fighter she is, she's just not needed any more. And her story with the doctor/Lash is over now too. I'd be pretty sad to see almost any of them go, but I'd find May dying easier to handle than most.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

'Most Wanted', Hunter & Bobbi's spin-off hasn't been picked up, so I imagine they'll be back in AoS somehow next season.

Wasn't a huge fan of the premise for 'most wanted' so somewhat glad it wasn't picked up. Much rather they keep AoS as strong as possible rather than diluting it by trying to have spin offs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

It's quite spoilery. I'd recommend seeing Civil War first.

Great episode though.

It's a bit crazy that they put it out only 5 days after the movie is released in the US. Maybe it pushes a few people to go a bit earlier than they would have otherwise but for me it just meant I recorded it and only watched it last night after I had a chance to see the movie.

Presume the real impact of the movie wont be really felt until next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

shouldn't they sorted that out before they left the show

cue all the rest of Shield saying you owe us all shots

Advertisement