Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Any guesses as to who will be killed in the season finale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So is season 3 of this worth catching up on I caught an episode of it today and there was 2 kree guys in it , Ward is now a bullet sponge and Skye underwent a name change and has windy hands .............and even worse ,,,,,Ex home and away actors in it

It's been a while since i've seen it

So is season 3 of this worth catching up on I caught an episode of it today and there was 2 kree guys in it , Ward is now a bullet sponge and Skye underwent a name change and has windy hands .............and even worse ,,,,,Ex home and away actors in it

It's been a while since i've seen it

Yes, yes it is worth catching up on, you've missed a bit since you last saw, as you pointed out, but if you've seen the episode with the 2 Kree, you aren't actually that far behind, an episode behind actually.

Yeah but I hadn't seen any of season 3 before that maybe i should go back and watch season 2

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Started watching this when my daughter was born and now caught up, damn i've been missing a great show.

Really thought as said above there would be an epic fight between lash and hive, i think he was killed cheaply, would have been better for him to take out hive and give his life at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,143 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah but I hadn't seen any of season 3 before that maybe i should go back and watch season 2

Definitely. From the last 5/6 episodes of Season 1 to now, it's been a fantastic show. The odd slow episode here or there, but overall it's a very enjoyable watch with some great action and characters. The story may seem insane considering the episode you just watched with the Kree, but it's all built up really well over the last 2 seasons. Well worth giving it a try anyway.

Cheers guys :) gonna go do some filechecking to get some older episodes :)

The show has been given a new time slot of 10pm by ABC
    The move to a later time slot was said to allow for the show to take on an edgier tone, a sentiment now being repeated by ABC in regards to the 10 p.m. move.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/05/17/agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-gets-a-new-time-slot-for-season-4/

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

I know there are a host of unwritten rules about timeslots and days and graveyards slots and burning off episodes and stuff. But it a bit of a mystery to me. So what does it mean for Coulson and co? Good, bad, neutral? Does itmean anything at all?

And if taken at face value about just being to facilitate a tonal shift, I'm not sure I want it any darker. Between crushed chests, stabby stabs and melting faces it's quite dark enough. We have a selection of "dark edgy" Marvel shows on Netflix. I don't need another carbon copy.

In the DC TV light as fluff Flash, for all it's faults, is so much better than moody Arrow. AoS is probably one of the single most improved shows, let it be, it's grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

James74 wrote: »
    I know there are a host of unwritten rules about timeslots and days and graveyards slots and burning off episodes and stuff. But it a bit of a mystery to me. So what does it mean for Coulson and co? Good, bad, neutral? Does itmean anything at all?

And if taken at face value about just being to facilitate a tonal shift, I'm not sure I want it any darker. Between crushed chests, stabby stabs and melting faces it's quite dark enough. We have a selection of "dark edgy" Marvel shows on Netflix. I don't need another carbon copy.

In the DC TV light as fluff Flash, for all it's faults, is so much better than moody Arrow. AoS is probably one of the single most improved shows, let it be, it's grand.

The "we're moving it to make it edgier" spiel is no more than executive rhetoric to try and trick people into thinking they're moving it to improve the quality of the show. The real reason is, every new show they've tried to cram into that Tuesday 10pm slot over the past few years has failed miserably, but they know SHIELD has a fan base and ABC would be more than happy if it gets anywhere near the viewing numbers it did at 9pm in the 10pm slot, which would mean it's pretty safe going forward and getting more seasons. It's actually a good move for the show, because if it stayed where it was it would've struggled to keep getting renewed every year.

Ultimately it's a win-win situation for both the show and the network for it to move into the later timeslot, because it will give ABC a ratings boost in a spot on the schedule they've been failing miserably with and therefore SHIELD is automatically more likely to be renewed again, but the making it edgier reason they've given for the move is BS, it just sounds better than the actual reason.

• Advertisement

The "we're moving it to make it edgier" spiel is no more than executive rhetoric to try and trick people into thinking they're moving it to improve the quality of the show. The real reason is, every new show they've tried to cram into that Tuesday 10pm slot over the past few years has failed miserably, but they know SHIELD has a fan base and ABC would be more than happy if it gets anywhere near the viewing numbers it did at 9pm in the 10pm slot, which would mean it's pretty safe going forward and getting more seasons. It's actually a good move for the show, because if it stayed where it was it would've struggled to keep getting renewed every year.

Ultimately it's a win-win situation for both the show and the network for it to move into the later timeslot, because it will give ABC a ratings boost in a spot on the schedule they've been failing miserably with and therefore SHIELD is automatically more likely to be renewed again, but the making it edgier reason they've given for the move is BS, it just sounds better than the actual reason.

While all true it'll kill off a lot of the somewhat younger audience in first airing for a DVR boost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

While all true it'll kill off a lot of the somewhat younger audience in first airing for a DVR boost

The 18-49 age group is all any of these networks seem to care about and those are the numbers that get looked at when it comes to renewals and cancellations, so I can't see putting it on slightly later affecting those ratings.

How they know what age group is watching, I don't know because I don't really understand the Nielsen system, but anytime ratings are measured in the US, it's always 18-49 demographic that gets reported.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Penn wrote: »
    Definitely. From the last 5/6 episodes of Season 1 to now, it's been a fantastic show. The odd slow episode here or there, but overall it's a very enjoyable watch with some great action and characters. The story may seem insane considering the episode you just watched with the Kree, but it's all built up really well over the last 2 seasons. Well worth giving it a try anyway.

Season 1 really suffered from having to tread water until "Winter Soldier" and the Hydra storyline hit cinema's.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

So Lincoln was a bit of an easy out for the death in the team. Pity Ward is gone but he had come to the end of his story arc (in each of his forms). The bromance moment just before the explosion was strange and a bit cheesy but I can somewhat understand it. We did get more shotgun axe so I can't complain about the episode.

Looking at how they left it for next year, I really hope they have something interesting for emo Daisy as I have no interest in episode after episode of them chasing her. I'm guessing the new Director has some link to the government and SHIELD has come under the Accords. Glad Racliffe looks to be kept on but the LMD has shades of Ultron to it so I hope they dont go over old ground.

As an aside, watching it tonight in the States was a nightmare. There's always regular ads but tonight was ridiculous. Near the end of the episode there was one after nearly every scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Foxtrol wrote: »
    LMD has shades of Ultron to it so I hope they dont go over old ground.

Maybe with a full season arc they might do an Ultron-esque story right, unlike the movie. I'd trust them with it after the last two seasons of Aos.

Am I right that that was more or a Hulk type jump than flying?

Finally, Brett Dalton's performance in Absolution... bravo sir, bravo. To think how far he has come from the excruciating performances in season 1. Yes, better writing is a huge part of it, but he was the high point throughout this season. Sorry to see him go but the time was right.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

James74 wrote: »
    Am I right that that was more or a Hulk type jump than flying?

If you’re talking about emo Daisy, it was a jump that was enhanced by her shockwaves. It looked like she just landed on the roof of the building beside them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,837 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I love that they took the fan's love for a quick oneliner and made it happen.

CitLfNSVEAYN2tL.jpg

When the shotgun axe was revealed, that got a cheer from me :D, sad to see Brett Dalton go, but it was said above, it was time. Season 4 will be interesting, LMD's, New Director?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,837 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

LMD of Ward maybe?

LMD of Ward maybe?

I think they've gone as far as they could with the Ward character.. If it was to be done, what else of the character could they cover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I think they've gone as far as they could with the Ward character.. If it was to be done, what else of the character could they cover.

My guess would be Lash or Yo-Yo (didn't say whether if she survived or not) but I'd be banking more on Lash.

Doubt it would be ward or lincoln?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

So what was the deal with Daisy at the end with the Mother and child.Why Shield after her i wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I didn't think that finale was as good as last year.

I did like Daisy's story though - Chloe Bennet has come a long way with her acting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

So what was the deal with Daisy at the end with the Mother and child.Why Shield after her i wonder?

Her husband was the inhuman who could see the future whenever he touched someone , he made the sculpture for his daughter. Loved the part with coulson and the hologram. Looks like we will finally have LMDs next season.

For the non-Marvel-Nerds who don't know what LMDs are (like me), they are Life Model Decoys. I had to look it up. :o

Fantastic finale. Funny, exciting, heartfelt and some great action scenes.

Messing with Hive's memories and seeing flashes of the old Grant Ward was genius and really showed how fantastic of a character he has been throughout the show. And his last scene with Lincoln was absolutely amazing.

Daisy's twist where she pleaded with Hive to take her back was great too. Looking forward to seeing her next season as it's a needed shakeup for her character too.

And surprise star of the finale: John Hannah. He's been great so far but he was hilarious during these two episodes. Can't wait to see more of him next season.

It's been a great season. Small niggles throughout, but overall the story, characters and performances have been very solid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Mr E wrote: »
    For the non-Marvel-Nerds who don't know what LMDs are (like me), they are Life Model Decoys. I had to look it up. :o

Same here, instead of asking here, i looked it up to see what it was albout :)
    Penn wrote: »
    Fantastic finale. Funny, exciting, heartfelt and some great action scenes.

Messing with Hive's memories and seeing flashes of the old Grant Ward was genius and really showed how fantastic of a character he has been throughout the show. And his last scene with Lincoln was absolutely amazing. .

Hopefully we'll get a villain as good as Grant Ward as he carried it off with very well & to finish it off like Thelma & Louise wasn't the way i imagined Hive would end, but was funny nonetheless :p
    Daisy's twist where she pleaded with Hive to take her back was great too. Looking forward to seeing her next season as it's a needed shakeup for her character too
    Has she come to her full potential yet, as she was just a hacker at the start & her powers are getting stronger, but is becoming a worthy character!
    And surprise star of the finale: John Hannah. He's been great so far but he was hilarious during these two episodes. Can't wait to see more of him next season.

It's been a great season. Small niggles throughout, but overall the story, characters and performances have been very solid.

He has great comedic timing in most of his shows, i haven't seen him around for a while, but looking forward to what more he brings to it & yeah it has been a great season, with good writing brought off by great actors.

I meant to say that actually, Hannah was great in the last few episodes and I'm delighted that it looks like he'll be sticking around too.

Something else I was wondering from the "6 Months Later" bit at the end, SHIELD seems to have a new director. Could this mean SHIELD is now public again, and the new director is due to the fact Coulson is supposed to be dead? I feel like if Talbot was made director they would have just said that. Just saying that there's a new director to me implies it'll be someone we haven't seen before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭Tefral

Maybe i need to spoiler this due to the comics:

But:
    In the comics after the events of Civil War Stark becomes Director of Shield. Maria Hill has also been the director in the past

Advertisement