Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

cronin_j wrote: »
    Maybe i need to spoiler this due to the comics:

But:
    In the comics after the events of Civil War Stark becomes Director of Shield. Maria Hill has also been the director in the past

Can't see them having
    Stark as Director
    as it would cost them too much to hire
    Robert Downey Junior
    Most websites think it could be either one of the two above or Thunderbolt Ross, Talbot or Melinda May. I think it could be May

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Can't see them having
    Stark as Director
    as it would cost them too much to hire
    Robert Downey Junior
    Most websites think it could be either one of the two above or
    Thunderbolt Ross, Talbot or Melinda May
    . I think it could be
    May

Understand tagging comic book info but I don’t think there’s a need to tag total speculation.

May doesn’t really make any sense, unless Coulson was too torn up about Daisy leaving that he didn’t want to be in command anymore or if he clashed heads with the government over the accords and was removed. Either way I don’t get how he would still in the field. Previously when he passed over control didn’t he go pretty rouge rather than still take order from the director?

Out of the others, Ross would be taking a demotion to take the job and Talbot is a possibility but we’ve somewhat been there already.

None of those options interest me at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Understand tagging comic book info but I don’t think there’s a need to tag total speculation.
    Wasn't sure about the spoiler tags with speculation so just removed the spoiler tags

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,143 ✭✭✭✭Penn

May doesn’t really make any sense, unless Coulson was too torn up about Daisy leaving that he didn’t want to be in command anymore or if he clashed heads with the government over the accords and was removed. Either way I don’t get how he would still in the field. Previously when he passed over control didn’t he go pretty rouge rather than still take order from the director?

Out of the others, Ross would be taking a demotion to take the job and Talbot is a possibility but we’ve somewhat been there already.

None of those options interest me at all.

If SHIELD were made public again, maybe Coulson couldn't be director since he's supposed to be dead. He may be using an alias to be an agent again while letting May be the public face of SHIELD.

Though at this point I'm sure Tony, Steve, Natasha et al wouldn't really care if Coulson was revealed to be alive again.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Maria Hill or Melinda May maybe the best logical choices to be the New Director of SHIELD when Season 4 starts up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,837 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It could be Sharon Carter of all the characters from the films that has an actor who is already a TV actor and someone with name value it's Emily VanCamp she is also without a new show at the moment since Revenge ended.

This is also a way to close off the Agent Carter series bringing in Sharon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That's pretty smart.

My guess would me Maria hill but I like yours too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I hope it's Maria Hill or Sharon Carter, rather than an existing SHIELD cast member. Cobie Smulders was rumoured to join the cast full time after How I Met Your Mother ended, which was 2 seasons ago, but maybe now is their chance to get her back in to it as Hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Finale felt a little flat I have to say
    Not a patch on last seasons epic finale
    Disappointed

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

i loved it , I've been waiting for daisy to fly/jump using her powers all season. Love the way she was talking about her dad at the end when she was going on about someone she knows who loves animals and has a practice near by. I hope they bring him back I thought he was great in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I'm just happy that one of the Marvel family is finally willing to kill of one of it's main characters. Probably helps that probably neither of the characters appear in the comics. John Hannah was a great addition, I hope he appears next season. Since Maria Hill has appeared in the show before I would bet on her being the replacement, but neither of the actresses mentioned really have the gravitas to be the person in charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Maybe Mack as director?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Mack was with Coulson chasing Daisy. Could be Fury is back in charge, doubt they'll go with Stark even if he only made one appearance like Fury did the cost wouldn't be worth it. Maria Hill makes most sense, it'll be a long wait till we know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

It could be Sharon Carter of all the characters from the films that has an actor who is already a TV actor and someone with name value it's Emily VanCamp she is also without a new show at the moment since Revenge ended.

My guess is Maria Hill, as she was 2nd in command to Fury afaik, & like the other two, also without shows.

Although being Agent Coulson, you'd have the inside info ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Didn't Coulson say something about being reassigned to somewhere like he was saying they'd be punished for losing Daisy. So would May or anyone like that do that to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

My guess is Maria Hill, as she was 2nd in command to Fury afaik, & like the other two, also without shows.

Although being Agent Coulson, you'd have the inside info ;)

Think Stark said to her at one point 'did you ever stop working for Fury?'

I think it would be a good opportunity to get to know that character better, especially given her seemingly closer relationship to Fury and the Avengers than Coulson.

I'd worry that putting May in charge would just mean watching her struggle with wanting to be in the field but having to deal with the administration aspect of being the Director, which I have zero interest in.

May is there to kick ass and defy aging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,225 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Nobody thinks S.H.I.E.L.D is still in the shadows and Furey came back?
    In relation to earlier discussions regarding getting a big MCU star to play director being too cost restrictive , remember series 1 Furey was director throughout and SLJ only had to make a couple of cameos, doesn't matter what rank Coulson holds he's the leader of the team we follow on the programme. Having him return to a bus with a select team is a great way to solve this over casting problem we've had for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

In Age of Ultron Stark does say to Furey "Did she ever stop working for you?" when they are in Barton's barn. Hill seems to know just as much as Furey. I'd like to see more of her character but how that would fit in to either SHIELD or the films, I'm not sure.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

So, I've all this season's episodes recorded and with the season end I am now about to go through them day by day. Here is hoping it is same quality as previous years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,277 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Maybe she has not gotten a new show because she is not a good actress at least not for something like in The Avengers or Marvels Agents of Shield. She was ok in Revenge but thats a whole different kettle of fish. Every time I see her in the films I just think oh its your one from revenge and she adds nothing to it they would be much better without her in it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

AMKC wrote: »
    Maybe she has not gotten a new show because she is not a good actress at least not for something like in The Avengers or Marvels Agents of Shield. She was ok in Revenge but thats a whole different kettle of fish. Every time I see her in the films I just think oh its your one from revenge and she adds nothing to it they would be much better without her in it.

I associate her more with Brothers&Sisters. I thought she was very good in that. I haven't seen Revenge so I can't comment on her acting in that.

I vote for Hill. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,277 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

SarahBM wrote: »
    I associate her more with Brothers&Sisters. I thought she was very good in that. I haven't seen Revenge so I can't comment on her acting in that.

I vote for Hill. :D

Revenge is good for the first few seasons there are lots of twists and turns in it and it keeps you guessing but in the last couple of seasons it just got silly and I got bored of it then. I think even the writers got confused in the last two seasons of it. I have never seen Brothers&Sisters. You should check out Revenge sometime see if you like it maybe give it a season or two.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

If you’re talking about emo Daisy, it was a jump that was enhanced by her shockwaves. It looked like she just landed on the roof of the building beside them.

Finally got around to watching the finale, how many Matrix nods could they fit into one TV show in the past few weeks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,225 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Put me in mind of Jessica Jones "flying" abilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Season 4 premiers September 20th.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

That feels very quick. Not complaining if they keep up the quality.

Can't believe it is into season 4 already!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

SarahBM wrote: »
    Can't believe it is into season 4 already!

And to think it barely made it past season one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,837 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ghost Rider maybe joining the show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Ghost Rider maybe joining the show.

Source?

Advertisement