Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

First look at
    Ghost Rider
    CBR

Also casting spoiler
    Fear The Walking Dead Star Lorenzo James Henrie will be portraying Gabe Reyes, the brother of Ghost Rider

ComicBook
    and new promo

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

2:42 of the Season 4 premier are on YouTube on Television Promos channel if anyone wants to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Is the new series really entitled agents of shield ghostrider??
    The character just seems really insignificant compared what previous seasons have revolved around and feels
    like their trying to crowbar some mildly amusing character to see on screen and making a story retrofit around him...

I'd be a little furious if this series revolved around him! FFS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,225 ✭✭✭✭flazio

youngblood wrote: »
    Is the new series really entitled agents of shield ghostrider??

I'd be a little furious if this series revolved around him! FFS
    They've beaten the Hydra stick to death at this stage they need to try something new. Ghost rider will be an overall arc but I reckon you will get a monster of the week episode every now and then to break away from the arc.
    Anyway my refusal to use grey means to see this show means as of Tuesday I'll be keeping off this thread and hoping RTÉ keep the gap low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

The new cast member with the kiss of death to all shows he stars in.

I guess AoS is going to be cancelled after this season then.

He was on Ray of sunshine today on R1 & mentioned all his IMDB shows he was on, afaik that was all the cancelled one's, i can imagine the look on Jason's face :rolleyes:

Also i didn't realise he was married to Paige Turco from The 100 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Good first episode, lots of different archs getting going. Will be interesting to see how they cross each other later on. Ghost Rider seems to fit in well thanks to the move to a darker tone but the interesting part is when/how they bring in the mythology, that's the point where it may jar with the current universe they've built.

They started to make the most of the new 10pm start time, with a noticeable increase in gore and those shots of Daisy and AIDA (not complaining). Definitely not close to netflix but it's a move in that direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Decent start alright. The Ghost Rider transformation was very cool, and I'm interested to see where they go with AIDA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Loved the 1st episode AIDA has a whiff of Ultron about her despite going to pains to say it won't be like that. Love the new Rider and just want to see more of them , Whats the story with the ghosts in the box thing though

I'm going to assume as the season goes on we'll find how SHIELD was re-legitimized.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Very dark themes, wonder was the box Asgardian, looked like the enchantress escaping it. Blonde evil death inspiring bitch type whom ever it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I presume we're going to get a chase with GR and Lola

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

When does agents of shield return to E4 or RTÉ 2 does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,259 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Happy to see Mallory getting more work after Galavant.

Think that episode did more for Ghost Rider than the last movie.

Loughc wrote: »
    When does agents of shield return to E4 or RTÉ 2 does anyone know?

According to Geektown, Season 4 doesn't air on E4 until early 2017, not sure about RTÉ 2 though.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Happy to see Mallory getting more work after Galavant.

Think that episode did more for Ghost Rider than the last movie.

Seen exactly this mentioned online earlier, that the show did Ghost Rider better justice than the 2 live action films.. Pretty high praise when you consider that the show has a budget to work with..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,259 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Will see how it goes on. I've only read the first arc or 2 of the new Ghost Rider. I'm more familiar with Johnny Blaze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Talk online of the flaming skull use as Robbie uses a flaming helmet, better to use the skull so far IMO nice to have this show back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Pretty good start to the season tho the super paranoid director angle seems just off for me for some reason. Really loved the visuals for Ghost Rider as I was expecting them to be the usual TV levels of mediocre CGI.

I'm going to guess whatever was in the box in the season premier will definitely tie in Doctor Strange..

• Advertisement

Felt a bit of a flat opener for me. I was pretty bored by Quake's plot line, Ghost Rider's intro, Coulson's lack of direction, the mysterious director angle and the annoying conversation about a new ranking system that blah blah blah...

Introduction of LMDs was interesting, still really like Fitz. I hope it picks up...
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    Will see how it goes on. I've only read the first arc or 2 of the new Ghost Rider. I'm more familiar with Johnny Blaze.

I'm not a fan of All New Ghost Rider. Johnny Blaze is the only GR for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,837 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There was a bit too much going on in the episode they were cramming in too many storylines I felt.

Well the new director's name is
    Jeffrey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

It's shot differently to previous seasons. Some scenes were like those wieird American tv shows from the 90's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

I dunno if its the magicky ghost aspects of this week's agents or the reveal about the director, but agents has def lost its mojo since its return

It's only been back 2 episodes, can't have lost it's mojo already :pac:

I dunno if its the magicky ghost aspects of this week's agents or the reveal about the director, but agents has def lost its mojo since its return

I gotta agree; I was mostly bored throughout each episode. The only thing I'm finding interesting is wondering if the director is a new or existing Inhuman character. But even that doesn't do much for me.

Exception: Shotgun-Axe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    According to Geektown, Season 4 doesn't air on E4 until early 2017, not sure about RTÉ 2 though.

No doubt, RTE won't be far behind, don't try & ask them, you'll get the familiar reply of 'Commercially Sensitive' :rolleyes:

What will become of May now?

The last big show the 'Director' was in was Terra Nova, hailed as the next big thing:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I gotta agree; I was mostly bored throughout each episode. The only thing I'm finding interesting is wondering if the director is a new or existing Inhuman character. But even that doesn't do much for me.

Exception: Shotgun-Axe.

New director is
    The Patriot aka Jeffrey Mace who in comics was once Captain America

• Advertisement

McLoughlin wrote: »
    New director is
    The Patriot aka Jeffrey Mace who in comics was once Captain America

And you didn't think that this deserves a spoiler tag why??

Advertisement