Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,837 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Another really strong episode giving the origin story of The Patriot throughout the episode.

Ming-Na was a standout in the episode for me as well.

Mac always finds an Axe :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Agreed about Ming-Na.
    Cyborg Agent May!
    Awesome! :)

Though I wonder about
    Agent May now.
    When this all gets resolved..
    is she going to be isolated and feel more so and be all cold and the like.. is she never gonna catch a break

Also.. It wasn't an Axe!
    and it certainly wasn't a shotgun Axe
    :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Talbot at one point asks some random guy about getting his coffee and the camera lingers on them - Was that some sort of cameo that I missed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭macslash

ixoy wrote: »
    Talbot at one point asks some random guy about getting his coffee and the camera lingers on them - Was that some sort of cameo that I missed?

Don't think so no.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

ixoy wrote: »
    It was a poor attempt at comedy, the straight laced, high up, tight ass, asks for a fancy coffee, rather than just a black coffee. It was kind of idiotic unless it is going to become a character thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,143 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Talbot is amazing. Such a great character.

Damm what an ending the writers are on form this season big time.

Mack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'm beginning to wonder if the whole Hamann thing is a way to bring out the head guy for Nadeer..but the May thing kinda throws it off.
    Or if they've already captured Hamann and reprogrammed his double to go to Nadeer for help..
    I know he leaked the op to Nadeer, I also know that May is being held capture..but is it all a big ruse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Another great episode this week. Is it too obvious that John Pyper-Ferguson's character could be Fitz's father?

"are you kidding me?, I never met this guy in my life"
    lol I spat out my tea I laughed so much :D

• Advertisement

Need to get my hands on the Black Widow/Quake fan fiction Sam was reading ;)

Need to get my hands on the Black Widow/Quake fan fiction Sam was reading ;)

now I have Agent Coulson in my head using shield resources to track down that material :D

Boom!

Wasn't expecting that death.

Mallory Jansen is fantastic as Aida I must say.

Are they hinting/foreshadowing just down right teasing that Mace may take the mantle of
    Captain America
    ? Lot of references to it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

Boom!

Wasn't expecting that death.

Mallory Jansen is fantastic as Aida I must say.

Are they hinting/foreshadowing just down right teasing that Mace may take the mantle of
    Captain America
    ? Lot of references to it anyway.

They'd never promote a TV actor (he's not a hit up and coming one like Adam Driver was for instance) to one.of their most major roles.

LLMMLL wrote: »
    They'd never promote a TV actor (he's not a hit up and coming one like Adam Driver was for instance) to one.of their most major roles.

It's more a nod to the comics where it did happen.

A really good episode again this week.

I loved the flashback to when Coulson said to May about having that drink sometime linking in everything that's going on now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Thought when Gemma started realising something was wrong that they were stuck in the Framework. Don't remember Fitz creating it.

Them being in the Framework is more believable to me than replacing them. That would assume the director was replaced sometime before the beating took place and no one noticed. Then assuming Mack, Daisy and Coulson would all be on the rescue mission. Coulson and Daisy I understand, but why would she have a Mack model ready to go? They also have Fitz and Simmons models?

I am liking the random red shirt-types getting lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Next week's episode written & directed by Joss Whedon.

Think it's Jed Whedon. I remember seeing somethig about it being the first episode he's directing

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Think it's Jed Whedon. I remember seeing somethig about it being the first episode he's directing

I saw on Chloe Bennett's Instagram that is was Joss, could've been a typo.

• Advertisement

And after this week's episode, the show goes on a 6 week hiatus until April 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think this week is the end a particular story arc, so it's a logical break point.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,334 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

While it might be a logical break point, why in god's name do they do that with American TV shows? Six weeks isn't too bad, Brooklyn Nine Nine is on a break of over three months. It's a pain in the ass if you're only watching a few shows over here, but how do the Americans put up with it for probably nearly everything they watch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,143 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    And after this week's episode, the show goes on a 6 week hiatus until April 4th.

6 weeks?

F*cking hell...

That being said, this season and the LMD story has been great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Zaph wrote: »
    While it might be a logical break point, why in god's name do they do that with American TV shows? Six weeks isn't too bad, Brooklyn Nine Nine is on a break of over three months. It's a pain in the ass if you're only watching a few shows over here, but how do the Americans put up with it for probably nearly everything they watch?

They also put up with ads every 10 seconds, so a few weeks break is probably welcome from being overloaded with ads for Mountain Dew, Dr. Pepper, KFC, McDonalds, some claims company and products you'll never need.

I wonder what the third arc will be about the Ghost Rider & LMD arcs have both been top notch.

Actually this is a great way to do a 22/24 episode season breaking it into 3 mini seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I wonder what the third arc will be about the Ghost Rider & LMD arcs have both been top notch.

Actually this is a great way to do a 22/24 episode season breaking it into 3 mini seasons.

There were comments from the producers that the 3rd arc would reward viewers from Day One so some people were guessing that is a return of something from season 1

I hope they bring Hunter back for a few episodes.

Ward's return! :)

Sure Gotham and Lucifer have gone on break to allow 2 other series to air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

They also put up with ads every 10 seconds, so a few weeks break is probably welcome from being overloaded with ads for Mountain Dew, Dr. Pepper, KFC, McDonalds, some claims company and products you'll never need.

Same amount of time spent on ads as Irish/UK TV.

I much prefer the blocks of episodes and a break than the on one week then off the next week format that was more prevalent a few years ago

Advertisement