Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Same amount of time spent on ads as Irish/UK TV.

But at least we're only every 10-15 minutes, and tey last for about 5 minutes, you can make a cuppa or use the jacks, they're every 5 and last for an ad or two!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

But at least we're only every 10-15 minutes, and tey last for about 5 minutes, you can make a cuppa or use the jacks, they're every 5 and last for an ad or two!

Don't forget the over-run from 1 show to another, shows in the states have the annoying habit of finishing on the hour and the next show starting straight away with a break after the introduction.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Thought when Gemma started realising something was wrong that they were stuck in the Framework. Don't remember Fitz creating it.

Them being in the Framework is more believable to me than replacing them. That would assume the director was replaced sometime before the beating took place and no one noticed. Then assuming Mack, Daisy and Coulson would all be on the rescue mission. Coulson and Daisy I understand, but why would she have a Mack model ready to go? They also have Fitz and Simmons models?

I am liking the random red shirt-types getting lines.

Mack, Daisy and Coulson make sense as the most likely field agents, although ti looks like it is a piece of piss to replace people now. I presume Fitz and Simmons are either due to unlikeliness for being in the field as often or our favourite Dr.Frankenstein actually feels for Fitz and it was not an act.

Anyone wondering will Fitz dad come up again or was it just a really clever ploy to distract him from any little giveaways from the LMD. They could also have left Fitz and Simmons as he is getting that cocky, he wants to see can he fool them, which now he won't know due to the slip up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

CramCycle wrote: »
    Mack, Daisy and Coulson make sense as the most likely field agents, although ti looks like it is a piece of piss to replace people now. I presume Fitz and Simmons are either due to unlikeliness for being in the field as often or our favourite Dr.Frankenstein actually feels for Fitz and it was not an act.

Anyone wondering will Fitz dad come up again or was it just a really clever ploy to distract him from any little giveaways from the LMD. They could also have left Fitz and Simmons as he is getting that cocky, he wants to see can he fool them, which now he won't know due to the slip up.

Perhaps they just didn't have the people in place to kidnap them?

Pretty sure that Fitz dad will be a future story line, but doubt that it will be this season, unless they introduce him in the last two episodes to set up the next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It was a decent episode, but I wasn't totally blown away it. It didn't even feel like the end of the LMD arc. Is the rest of the season going to be inside the Framework?

Highlight was Quake vs. Mack - loved the slo-mo special effects.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

surely the highlight was a room full of Quakes in shorts and crop tops?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Last few episodes have been great especially after what I considered a very boring ghost rider arc.

Back on form

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Be interesting to see now how the rest of the season plays out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Be interesting to see now how the rest of the season plays out.

I enjoyed it, a good episode

Penn wrote: »
    6 weeks?

F*cking hell...

That being said, this season and the LMD story has been great.

Short compared to Gotham's break though. Finished the end of January, not back till 24th April.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,143 ✭✭✭✭Penn

A fantastic episode. One I definitely want to watch again. The standoffs between Simmons and Fitz and then Simmons and Daisy were tremendous. Coulson, Mack and Fitz played creepy so brilliantly. The Aida and Radcliffe scene was amazing. May-bot blowing up Coulson worked so well given all the work laid out by previous episodes.

And the glimpse of their lives inside the Framework is exciting as hell. I thought the bit about Mack telling YoYo a few episodes ago that he had a daughter who died was just backstory but it was setting up his life inside the Framework, and likely the same with Fitz and his father which I presume will be part of it too. I'm guessing May's regret about killing the girl all those years somehow inadvertently led her to join Hydra. And Ward being back? F*ck yeah. He was so great in Season 3.

Biggest question mark will be Simmons. Daisy ended up in her body in the Framework, but if Simmons in the Framework is dead, is Simmons now in the coffin? I'm guessing red herring, but still, a fantastic end to the episode and this part of the season as a whole.

AoS has been great this season. The Ghost Rider story was good but had its downsides but the LMD story has been fantastic throughout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,974 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Mr E wrote: »
    It was a decent episode, but I wasn't totally blown away it. It didn't even feel like the end of the LMD arc. Is the rest of the season going to be inside the Framework?

Daisey vs Mace? and the nods to Terminator?

Mr E wrote: »

All it was missing was Dredd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Fitz, Simmons and Daisy were class in this. Scene between Simmons and Daisy was great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

This show is almost unrecognizable from the early seasons its so so good , That scene between Fitz and Simmons was just wow and the scene (although short) between May and Coulsen was just wow , Can't wait for it to come back

And Daisy is just amazing .......god i love her :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Excellent episode - tense, great action scenes, and a nice lead in to the final story arc of the season.

One thing though - when Fitz and Simmons were debating about how the LMD was after triggering the detector... Why did neither suggest taking turns re-triggering the detector instead of suggesting slitting their wrists? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,837 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The female Agent that was with Simmons and Daisy at the end when they escaped is also an Agent with DEO on Supergirl busy girl.

The female Agent that was with Simmons and Daisy at the end when they escaped is also an Agent with DEO on Supergirl busy girl.

That's who she was, cheers it was bugging me during show

That episode was about body swapping too come to think of it. Coincidence??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Yeah noticed that too, next thing you know she shows up as an Argus agent in Arrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

She was in Supergirl for the first season as well.

I doubt Simmons is in the grave considering they had a life or her in the framework for when they caught her. Maybe she faked her death for some reason.

• Advertisement

It's probably already known, but Bill Paxton (John Garrett) on the show died today.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Penn wrote: »
    Simmons now in the coffin? I'm guessing red herring, but still, a fantastic end to the episode and this part of the season as a whole.
    Could Simmons be an LMD inside the framework, or did Simmons make assumptions on who was who based onwhere they were so it is a fantasy girl for Fitz that will ruin their relationship after this season.
    ixoy wrote: »
    One thing though - when Fitz and Simmons were debating about how the LMD was after triggering the detector... Why did neither suggest taking turns re-triggering the detector instead of suggesting slitting their wrists? :pac:
    Can't trust the LMD to be honest looking at the screen (in fact I tho. If they turned their backs, the LMD programming may have made them subdue the other or warn everyone else. Slitting wrists was drastic though.
    Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It's probably already known, but Bill Paxton (John Garrett) on the show died today.
    Young guy, and always an actor I enjoyed watching. Sad times. Ingeniously funny while playing the straight man, a hard one for many actors to get right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Finally caught up on the series. A fantastic take on Secret Invasion. In the last episode, Henstridge in particular was fantastic. The framework stories were REALLY interesting too. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

All caught here too and last week's was easily one of the best episodes in the entire run. Fantastically tense stuff with some great character moments. The Fitz & Simmons material was borderline heartbreaking and it's a testament to the canny script and great chemistry between the cast that carries it, and as mentioned Henstridge was immense.

Feels a very long time since that exceedingly ropey first season. Barely feels like the same show. Hell even Daisy has become a solid, likeable character and that felt impossible once upon a time

Jed Whedon on the possibility of the show being cancelled after this season.
    We are going to make it a thrilling end regardless, but we don’t plan on stopping anytime soon,

I think with the final storyline of the season, they'll bring everything full circle, and for Season 5 if and when they get word of a renewal, will be something different..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I could be way off here, but I just don't see them cancelling this show after this season... unless the show is just wildly expensive and doesn't get any significant international distribution, it seems like a solid show to keep around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,837 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Good return episode and a nice twist with Ward but I should have seen it coming with they way the framework is working.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Time to rename this thread the :)

Good opener.

Can we have a co worker called Bob please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,143 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah, really good return episode. The ending delighted me as at least they're not going to really stretch it out too long with Daisy and Jemma being the only ones who knew what was happening. Coulson was great in the classroom scene too, and love having Ward back.

I don't know if I'm going to be able to handle what I presume will be Mack's storyline with his daughter...

Advertisement