Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭Penn

So damn good...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

So are others like myself thinking season 5s
    villain might be LMD of evil Fitz, hell bent on revenge for the (probable) death of Aida? Seems like he and Aida are going to pop up in our world, maybe drop in on the real daddy fitz. I'd be genuinely disappointed if good Fitz doesn't come back, albeit with some new demons, as himself and Simmons are sweet, but that Hydra version has been too compelling to lose in the framework. Would be a good Jekyll and Hyde style arc to do...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Oof could be anyone, id love to see Trip, would be interested to Ward too come over. I think the Fitz one is most likely considering all the talk of his father this season. I guess we will also see May coming to terms with killing the Patriot in the real world. Though to be honest im half thinking he is still alive on our side. you didnt see what happened here after aida removed him from the machine, maybe she revivied him since her programming is to keep them alive!

Such a great season though! I think this is my favourite TV show on at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was just thiking after this week's episode, what will happen is
    If Aida is keeping her promise the machine can build 2 bodies, 1 for her and and 1 for Ivanov. So these could be reprogrammed to generate Tripp and Ward bodies. But I think Ward will sacrifice his chance to allow Mack's daughter to cross over.
    And the way Aida said she was happy to hear Fitz say he wanted to go with her made me wonder if they wake up, do they wake with their Framework minds and Aida is going to implant Fiz's new mind into his body

CastorTroy wrote: »
    But I think Ward will sacrifice his chance to allow Mack's daughter to cross over.
    Oh God I don't think I could handle it if that happened... That would be absolutely perfect though.
    And the way Aida said she was happy to hear Fitz say he wanted to go with her made me wonder if they wake up, do they wake with their Framework minds and Aida is going to implant Fiz's new mind into his body[/SPOILER]
    It'd create a new body for Framework-Fitz and she'd likely then kill real-Fitz.

Basically once they wake from the Framework, they remember what happened in there, but they're still ultimately the same person they were when they went in. However AIDA's machine creates a whole new living body for their Framework selves to essentially cross over into the real world as they were in the Framework, rather than just with memories of what happened in the Framework.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

But Framework-Fitz (worst super-villain ever) IS Fitz, if he's downloaded into an LMD what happens real-Fitz's body?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So,
    Grant Ward to be uploaded into a Life Model Decoy and return to the show as a good guy?
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but he has been such a good character in AoH that I kind of hope so!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

FunLover18 wrote: »
    But Framework-Fitz (worst super-villain ever) IS Fitz, if he's downloaded into an LMD what happens real-Fitz's body?
    No reason why some techo-babble couldn't explain how 'both' versions end up in the real world, resulting in our 'good' Fitz battling an evil mirror of himself. Easy too to see how the good version would be wracked with the guilt of the evil version's actions, possibly hobbling his attempts to fight his own dark-side. Speculation of course, but feels like there's lots to explore with that angle.
    . On the other hand ...
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but he has been such a good character in AoH that I kind of hope so!

I dunno, I really think his race is run & don't see what he'd add to a Season 5.
    All you could do would be good-Ward coming to terms with what a dreadful person the 'real' version was, and inevitably it'd reignite the romance arc with Daisy. Frankly, the best thing that happened her was for Lincoln & Ward to die, cos that triangle was tedious in the extreme & totally undermined the character. She works better now without the baggage of her pining for one man or the other.That fight scene as Quake in Hydra HQ was just distilled bad-assery, topped by that awesome dispatch of Madame Hydra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Loved the few sarky Donald Trump jokes in the most recent episode! they have the level of fun to serious just right.

FunLover18 wrote: »

They're not LMDs though. The machine Aida is having Fitz build for her uses the power of the Darkhold to create a new actual human body, rather than an LMD which is just an android. The Framework is merely a shared subconscious between all the people plugged into it. Once they're removed from it, they go back to who they were, but with memories of what happened in the Framework. But with the machine Aida's building, it creates a new human body which the Framework versions of Aida and presumably Fitz will be able to become human and transfer into the real world.

So if Framework Fitz got into a new body created by the machine, he'd be like he is in the Framework but now in real life, whereas it's a flip of a coin as to whether real Fitz will also still be alive but with memories of what happened in the Framework, or if he'll be braindead because now his altered subconscious is in a new body (the writers could go either way with it).

• Advertisement

Loved the few sarky Donald Trump jokes in the most recent episode! they have the level of fun to serious just right.

3rd week in a row by my count. Last week when talking about Daisy's interrogation Fitz said "Nevertheless, she persisted" (not said by Trump but still a reference to real world stuff) and the week before Fitz was talking about how to Make Society Great Again.

Framework Ward in a LMD

Ahem...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Can't remember if it said, but how did Hydra take over with Captain America and the Avengers around?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Can't remember if it said, but how did Hydra take over with Captain America and the Avengers around?
    AFAIK it happened before all that.

Hydra took over when May didn't kill the girl she originally killed years ago, which led to an even greater tragedy which allowed Hydra to take over. Which means it was either Hydra agents who found Cap or he wasn't found at all. SHIELD wouldn't have been there to help Pepper Potts in Iron Man 1 which may have even led to Stark being killed. Banner may still be in hiding. Widow and Hawkeye may be dead if they were still loyal to SHIELD.

It's the butterfly effect. One small change led to huge changes which are convenient for plot points.

Also no Coulson "death" to trigger Averngers to act as 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,307 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ghost Rider, YoYo (Elena) and General Talbot back for season 4 finale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Ghost Rider, YoYo (Elena) and General Talbot
    back for season 4 finale

FYP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,068 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Yesssssss!

Is it wrong that I'm most excited for Talbot out of those three? (Answer: No. No it isn't.) :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,068 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Dont open unless you watched ep20
    Goddammit Mack that was annoyingly predictable. John Hannah's Radcliffe will be missed. Like Kyle McLachlan's Cal what an awesome blurred character between madman and actual good guy. I fully believed he had betrayed them all until he saved Jemma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

fantastic episode
    I was saying Fitz would be the most damaged coming out and looks like he will be.. loved the moment with Mack and Trip at the end

Another fantastic episode. Man, what a f*cking roll this show has been on this season, and especially since the Ghost Rider arc finished (which was still good in its own right).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

http://tvline.com/2017/04/19/agents-of-shield-season-5-renewed-or-cancelled/

Thus far for the 2017-18 TV season, ABC has only renewed Shondaland’s Grey’s Anatomy/Scandal/How to Get Away With Murder trifecta, plus The Middle on the comedy side. Last spring, the Alphabet network cut a total of eight in-season dramas (including Nashville and Marvel’s Agent Carter).

S.H.I.E.L.D. opened Season 4 with 3.4 million total viewers and a 1.1 rating, but as recently as mid-February — during the climax of its LMD arc — it hit series lows, drawing just 2 million total viewers and a 0.6 rating. The new Framework/”Agents of Hydra” pod, though, has not only brought on a creative spark (as the heroes contend with a topsy-turvy reality) but also nudged the numbers up to 2.43 mil and 0.8 with this week’s episode, marking the show’s (faint praise alert?) best numbers since its Jan. 10 winter premiere. But is that (literally) too little, too late?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

http://tvline.com/2017/04/19/agents-of-shield-season-5-renewed-or-cancelled/

Thus far for the 2017-18 TV season, ABC has only renewed Shondaland’s Grey’s Anatomy/Scandal/How to Get Away With Murder trifecta, plus The Middle on the comedy side. Last spring, the Alphabet network cut a total of eight in-season dramas (including Nashville and Marvel’s Agent Carter).

S.H.I.E.L.D. opened Season 4 with 3.4 million total viewers and a 1.1 rating, but as recently as mid-February — during the climax of its LMD arc — it hit series lows, drawing just 2 million total viewers and a 0.6 rating. The new Framework/”Agents of Hydra” pod, though, has not only brought on a creative spark (as the heroes contend with a topsy-turvy reality) but also nudged the numbers up to 2.43 mil and 0.8 with this week’s episode, marking the show’s (faint praise alert?) best numbers since its Jan. 10 winter premiere. But is that (literally) too little, too late?

It'd be a pity to lose it now. At least they're planning to close off the stories...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'd be gutted if they cancelled it, it's one of my favourite shows on tv and has really come a long way since the pilot. Even reading the first pages on this thread show how much it's improved.

Blazer wrote: »
    I'd be gutted if they cancelled it, it's one of my favourite shows on tv and has really come a long way since the pilot. Even reading the first pages on this thread show how much it's improved.

I genuinely think each season has gotten better too. It's one of the few shows of its kind that isn't rehashing stories and relying on love triangles or the like. They've genuinely and consistently kept progressing the characters and not being afraid to switch gears with the types of stories they're telling.

In the last 3 seasons, we've had SHIELD Vs SHIELD, the Inhumans, the history of Hydra, Hive, Ghost Rider, LMD, an alternate reality and Darkhold storylines. And it's all flowed pretty seamlessly with very little amount of filler between considering its 22 episode seasons.

The characters too have grown throughout and aren't constantly making the same mistakes over and over again.

Travesty if it doesn't get renewed. Unfortunately, once it reaches the end of this season it'll have reached 88 episodes, which is enough for syndication (as opposed to how it used to be 100 episodes required for syndication).

What a rush. Fantastic stuff altogether and this back half is arguably one of the tensest, well-structured action shows out there. Netflix could learn a lot from this show. I genuinely wasn't sure who was going to make it or what would happen & that's not something you can claim often about any TV series. As for the events of this most recent episode,
    that scene with EvilFitz & Simmons was utterly gut wrenching and amazing to watch. Poor Fitz, the guy is just constantly put through utter anguish season to season yet this time he seems well & truly broken.

Speaking of not knowing who'd make it out; anyone else gasp when Coulson got shot? I actually thought they'd finally do it & bump him off. Even when he arrived back in reality I was expecting a shoe to drop, given Ivanov was lurking around somewhere...

I wasn't that surprised Mack chose to stay though: with the best will in the world it'd be hard to just switch off the parent part of your brain and walk away from a daughter you had lost. It was the most insidious 'regret' Aida managed to reverse, given it was based on something purely primal. I'm sure he'll be back though & it's still open season as to who'll follow Aida out from the Framework. I'd add Hope to the list of possible candidates, alongside Tripp & Ward.

Anyone else feeling a little for that trio onboard Zephyr 1? Those characters (I only recall the woman's name being Piper - and that she also appeared in Supergirl, also as background staff in the main base) have floated about in the background throughout the season, sometimes getting a scene or two, and feels like they're owed a time to shine. They're chatty redshirts :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Any see ABC/Marvel/Disney renewing it anyway just because it they can have episodes in it leading up to the next marvel films coming out?

• Advertisement

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Any see ABC/Marvel/Disney renewing it anyway just because it they can have episodes in it leading up to the next marvel films coming out?

Nah. The tie-ins to the movies are so minimal at this point that they have no effect. The only tie-in to Doctor Strange was introducing the Darkhold and therefore magic to AoS, but there was no proper mention of any of the stuff from Doctor Strange. With Civil War they just had a few mentions of the Sokovia Accords and I'd say with GOTG2 (which is out this coming weekend in the US) there'll be no tie-in at all given the stage AoS is at in their story and how the GOTG are so far removed from the rest of the Marvel Universe.

Advertisement