Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Absolutely FANTASTIC episode. I love this show so much. Not often a show gets better and better each season. Did I miss something in this episode or was there an explanation as to why Ward was not around?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,068 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

gazzer wrote: »
    Absolutely FANTASTIC episode. I love this show so much. Not often a show gets better and better each season. Did I miss something in this episode or was there an explanation as to why Ward was not around?

No reason. Neither himself or Burrows appeared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Ward is at the television station keeping the signal going from the previous episode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Ward is at the television station keeping the signal going from the previous episode

Forgot that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, the fact Ward wasn't there hints that we're not done with the Framework yet.
    Anyone else wondering how Mack got back to the base, since Tripp brought them to the backdoor? I assume he took Hydra's jet.

I agree about the 3 SHIELD agents. Think I mentioned before about them talking on missions I guess instead of red shirts, maybe they could be compared to the likes of Wedge in Star Wars or simply The Other Guys.

Iain De Caestecker is killing it as Fitz. I would expect him to get more roles after this show finishes, hopefully not this season. Though I thought the same about Enver Gjokaj after Dollhouse but seems all his roles are short lived.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Anyone else think that the framework storyline is going to end with Mack's daughter being sent to the real world through the machine?

CatInABox wrote: »
    Anyone else think that the framework storyline is going to end with Mack's daughter being sent to the real world through the machine?

Theoretically they could bring Ward, Trip and Macks daughter and Radcliffe over.

Blazer wrote: »
    Theoretically they could bring Ward, Trip and Macks daughter and Radcliffe over.

Well facsimile versions of all but Radcliffe. And it would kill him to do it, given that his real yet digital missus is dead there.

It would cure death though, so would rather not see it.
    "oh, you have terminal X disease? Let me print you a body (apparently also with super powers) and transfer you over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Well facsimile versions of all but Radcliffe. And it would kill him to do it, given that his real yet digital missus is dead there.

"oh, you have terminal X disease? Let me print you a body (apparently also with super powers) and transfer you over

Easily done to destroy the tech though. "Oh no, AIDA was the only person who could recreate this..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

good way to wrap up the Show/series/programme..

• Advertisement

good way to wrap up the Show/series/programme..

god no..I'd hate that..I'm hoping Coulson destroys the machine to avoid any of that.
    I reckon Coulson could go back in for Mack but he'll need Sky with him. Could be in Season 5 I reckon where they mount a rescue for him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yeah, but I don't think any of those others are likely. I'd say Radcliffe will stay there/die, seeing as there's no point without his true love, Trip and Ward have had their time on the show, leaving only Mack and his daughter.

I can see the framework being shut down slowly, with only time for one to be sent through, and Mack isn't going to choose himself over his daughter.

Aida's new superpowers almost certainly come from her knowledge of the darkhold.

I'd disagree about Trip having had his time on the show. I thought he was tragically cut short; I'd love to see more of him! Not over Mack though, obviously...!

I'd disagree about Trip having had his time on the show. I thought he was tragically cut short; I'd love to see more of him! Not over Mack though, obviously...!

Honestly, Mack's constant whinging bores the hell out of me but...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Honestly, Mack's constant whinging bores the hell out of me but...

There's still far too many great storylines that could involve Mack:

- Flashback episode to how he made the shotgun-axe
    - Someone steals the shotgun-axe and Mack has to get it back... by any means necessary
    - Mack vs Inhuman whose power is immunity to shotgun-axes
    - Congress passes law banning shotgun-axes
    - Mack vs old rival who tries to kill Mack using an axe-shotgun
    - Mack having to choose between Yo-Yo and shotgun-axe

So many possibilities... :D

In all seriousness though, I love Mack. He's one of the best characters on the show and a fantastic actor too. He works off nearly everyone else in the show so brilliantly too. Would be a real shame to lose him.

I think even if he was paid to Radcliffe will not leave the Framework. He had the perfect opportunity to work beside Fitz and try to manipulate things and possibly return to life but he chose to save Fitz over himself. No more than Calvin I think that ultimately he genuinely had good intentions but then realised that those good intentions were an actual nightmare. Regardless of Mack/Tripp/Ward final fate. I really hope we'll get to see a shot of Radcliffe in peace as The Framework crumbles around him.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

5th Season on the horizon it seems.
    Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D., which serves as a solid marketing platform for the Disney-owned Marvel, also is getting renewed I hear.

http://deadline.com/2017/05/bubble-series-2017-canceled-renewed-elementary-exorcist-taken-once-upon-a-time-agents-of-shield-1202085630/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,837 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Another great episode this week if this doesn't get renewed I will be rightly pissed off.

Mallory Jansen has been the breakout star of the season for me she was brilliant again this week.

A Dammm C-3PO :D:D

"Designed only for killing" nice nod to the MODOK rumours.

I dont think Yoyo will survive BUT I'm suprised Piper survived so who knows. Robbie back just in time. Next episode be explosive.

pjohnson wrote: »
    "Designed only for killing" nice nod to the MODOK rumours.

I dont think Yoyo will survive BUT I'm suprised Piper survived so who knows. Robbie back just in time. Next episode be explosive.

There are MODOK rumours? That'd be weird...

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    There's still far too many great storylines that could involve Mack:

- Flashback episode to how he made the shotgun-axe
    -

I'm rewatching the whole series again and this comes up in the episode with Gordo (inhuman teleporter) Mack has an axe and someone has a shotgun..and he says I need an axe but I also need a shotgun...hmmm..

There are MODOK rumours? That'd be weird...

Just since Ivanov got his head put in a jar and his new robotic body. People were wondering if Ivanov would be the MCU's version of MODOK. He clearly isn't but it was a acknowledgement that they do pay attention to feedback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Another top notch episode. Mallory Jansen has been great this entire season and was fantastic tonight. The Russian also finally feels like an actual threat now.

Can't wait for the finale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Ah lads watching Fitz and Simmons would break your heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Remember the time we thought pretty much all these characters were bland?

As the saying goes "Hell hath no fury like a former AI now in human form scorned"

Liked Coulson filling May in and avoiding telling her certain things.

So where exactly is the Framework set up? I thought it was in the base but clearly not.

Ah lads watching Fitz and Simmons would break your heart.

If you really want a kick in the feels, there's a fan edited Fitz & Simmons film on YouTube, using clips from the first 2 seasons if memory serves correctly.

It's the ultimate will they, won't they love story.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I will be gutted if this gets cancelled.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I will be gutted if this gets cancelled.

Don't say, hell don't even think it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Usually AOS would be 4th-7th of things to watch during the week but this season has brought it up to 1-2 must watch ASAP, the whole agents of hydra bit was genius and Mallory Jansen has just been superb, especially in this weeks episode. What a superb show in the change of emotions from Aida.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

My god, Fitz and Simmons would break your heart. Fitz wondering if his team would forgive him but we all know he's projecting. He'll never forgive himself.

Also, one dangling plot thread that went nowhere: what happened that army of Daisies? Trashed in the bomb or I wonder if they're yet to be unleashed.

Also also: that's nuts that May has been absent from pretty much all of season 4. Her catch with Coulson really took me back, though made for a hilarious scene

Advertisement