Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

^^I think Talbot said he found and destroyed the army of LMDs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

^^I think Talbot said he found and destroyed the army of LMDs.

Yeah, but I'm fairly sure he was referring to the LMDs that had replaced Fitz, Mack, Mace etc. though would have to go back and re-watch

Excellent news, no more than the show deserves tbh. Season 3 was good, but number 4 has been just stellar; its format could be an inspiration to other shows in how to stretch out a 22 episode season...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,140 ✭✭✭✭Penn

pixelburp wrote: »
    Yeah, but I'm fairly sure he was referring to the LMDs that had replaced Fitz, Mack, Mace etc. though would have to go back and re-watch

Considering the bomb May-Bot set off and what it did to the base, I think all the LMDs (Fitz, Mack, Mace, all the Daisys) were in the base at the time, so Talbot and his men probably took out all the LMDs that were still alive in the base.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Apparently the rumour mill suggests the network will be looking to tighten the budget, so it may become a 13 episode (final?) season, or I guess the scope will be reduced; among all the other great things about season 4 its FX budget must have been quite hearty. Ghost Rider alone probably chewed up a lot of CGI time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,068 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Apparently the rumour mill suggests the network will be looking to tighten the budget, so it may become a 13 episode (final?) season, or I guess the scope will be reduced; among all the other great things about season 4 its FX budget must have been quite hearty. Ghost Rider alone probably chewed up a lot of CGI time.
    I imagine they'll desperately want "Inhumans" to work so they could shuttle Quake over to that show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

pjohnson wrote: »
    I imagine they'll desperately want "Inhumans" to work so they could shuttle Quake over to that show.

Inhumans is about the Inhuman Royal Family not the Inhumans we see on Shield and the first season at least both shows will be kept separate according to Jed Whedon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,835 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

13 episodes would also help it reach the 100 episode mark so that would make Sense if it is the final season.

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Inhumans is about the Inhuman Royal Family not the Inhumans we see on Shield and the first season at least both shows will be kept separate according to Jed Whedon.

Yes I know that is the plan but if Inhumans is getting poor feedback/reviews it wouldnt suprise me if they brought Quake in as an attempted save. Especially if they are winding AOS down to 13 episodes after its strongest season. Doubt they'll just bin Quake.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I would think YoYo would be an obvious crossover as she's not a main cast member but would be recognisable. That's assuming she survives the finale..

• Advertisement

ixoy wrote: »
    I would think YoYo would be an obvious crossover as she's not a main cast member but would be recognisable. That's assuming she survives the finale..

Shes by far in the most danger. Considerably more than Mack.

And Robbie doesnt believe in staying dead so hes safe no matter what haha. I think he'll do a Peterson/Meltdown and dissapear into the Sunset.

Anyone else have any spec for whats to come? Genuinely looking forward to it. I'll miss it when its gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

https://twitter.com/IMBrettDalton/status/863981303158390784
    So sad to hear of the passing of Powers Boothe. You were more than a costar, you were my friend. My thoughts & prayers are with your family

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'm rewatching it at the moment and the episode I watched last night was where Daisy killed Malek in the shield base. Spooky coincidence.
    Great actor and very underrated.

Can't wait for the finale. I've lost complete interest in Arrow and The Flash as they're all muck compared to Aos.
    From rewatching AoS the first 2 seasons were nowhere at bad as I thought at the time..watching them all together definitely makes a lot better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Season 5 will have the show moving to a new time slot of Fridays at 9pm and will air after Once Upon A Time. Inhumans will air first for its 8 episode run and then Agents will take over the slot. So looks like it won't be back until January.

http://deadline.com/2017/05/abc-schedule-primetime-fall-2107-2018-once-upon-a-time-greys-anatomy-marvels-inhumans-the-goldbergs-blackish-1202094339/

Season 5 will have the show moving to a new time slot of Fridays at 9pm and will air after Once Upon A Time. Inhumans will air first for its 8 episode run and then Agents will take over the slot. So looks like it won't be back until January.

http://deadline.com/2017/05/abc-schedule-primetime-fall-2107-2018-once-upon-a-time-greys-anatomy-marvels-inhumans-the-goldbergs-blackish-1202094339/

22 episodes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Isn't Friday night often called the death slot?

Nice they dedicated the finale to Powers Boothe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,140 ✭✭✭✭Penn

crazyderk wrote: »
    Isn't Friday night often called the death slot?

Yeah putting Inhumans in that slot is a big shock, though not so much with SHIELD. I don't really think anyone is expecting a Season 6 of AoS at this point, even if Season 5 continues the trend of being even better than the previous season.

Excellent finale!

• Advertisement

Fantastic and that final scene with Radcliffe was just perfect.

So a Agents of
    S.W.O.R.D
    arc to start off next season.

Since Joss created
    Abigail Brand
    I wonder who will be his casting choice.

I doubt Joss gives much of a fcuk about this show tbh... still, an exciting arc to kick offrom S5.

Agreed about the Radcliffe scene; pitch perfect.

I really hope we'll get to see a shot of Radcliffe in peace as The Framework crumbles around him.
    I got my wish, farewell Holden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

fantastic episode..I had tears in my eyes with the Mack and Yo-Yo scenes.

I suppose our biggest question is what the hell did Coulson do with the Rider?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I suppose our biggest question is what the hell did Coulson do with the Rider?

A proverbial deal with the Devil :pac:

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    A proverbial deal with the Devil :pac:

Haha fair point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Setting up the next season of MST3K already.

A fairly subdued but effective finale, plenty of emotions, but the actual plot got wrapped up a little too quickly; Ivanov got short shrift in a hastily assembled assassination plot, and Aida kinda came and went, Robbie basically rendering her threat redundant in an instant. Am also quite sorry to see Radcliffe go, he was an excellent character; a marvellous mix of innocent and likeable, yet capably / accidentally dangerous.

All in all that was a fantastic season, and I'd hate to think next year is definitely the last as the show really seems to have matured into a fine wine; if it kept that curve it has another couple of seasons in it yet.

Knowing there's definitely a season 5 made that teaser all the more enticing though: that's a helluva cliffhanger. It ain't our solar system, that's for sure, what with the weird nebula thing. Start your speculation now I guess ...

• Advertisement

Start your speculation........

Ghostrider opened the portal to.....
    Niflheim which then links the upcoming Thor and opens the nine realms and also leads season which starts next January right up to Infinity War and lots of space adventures before joining the rest of the MCU in the war against Thanos.

Advertisement