Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I rewatched it from start recently and Season 1 wasn't as bad as I remember.
    I really enjoyed rewatching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Season 1 kinda dragged, then Captain America: The Winter Soldier happened, and the show improved for the better.

Couldn't have been easy on the cast reading reviews on Season 1 episodes knowing they were sitting on a literal plot twist for the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

ixoy wrote: »
    Well the first arc, I imagine, is going to be them trying to get back to their past. The second arc will be them trying to stop the apocalypse without actually knowing how it got caused (as the records are all gone) other than a few vague hints. Plenty of time for reunions with other cast members at that point.

Very similar to the plot for Odyssey 5. (and other shows, I know)

Is it bad that things have gotten to the point where the first thought I had when they left Fitz behind was "Has he been accused as well?"

Good first couple episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I thought the Season 5 premiere was class - this show has come such a long way since the mess that was Season 1.

The real difference in quality is the comparison to Inhumans. AoS is superior in every way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Absolutely foforgot this was even on can't wait to watch it later now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

The plot for the start of the season very much seems to mimic the last season of Fringe. I love scifi set in space so enjoyed the first double episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Sarn

Forgot that this was back so have just binged on the three episodes. I think that it’s a great change of setting with the humour pitched just right.

I imagine the Framework might come in useful at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Sarn wrote: »
    Forgot that this was back so have just binged on the three episodes. I think that it’s a great change of setting with the humour pitched just right.

I imagine the Framework might come in useful at some point.

Yeah, I’m thinking Fitz has created a version of the framework, where framework Fitz can help the other agents in future space.

Wouldn't it a be nice twist if they were all still inside the framework and Ada had already escaped :d
    But then again last season was absolutely perfect so hopefully they won't go with that.

Does Deke remind anyone else of Bradley Cooper?

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Does Deke remind anyone else of Bradley Cooper?

i knew he reminded me of someone but couldn't place him. Meant to actually look it up last night.
    I'm going to be really sad when ABC cancels this. We know its coming but not when.
    For me it's been the stand out show of the past 3 years and a lesson on how to avoid the cliche bull**** shows such as the Walking Dead/Flash/Arrow constantly throw at their viewers.

Another fantastic episode.
    Really looking forward to next one
    Hunter turns back up in this episode helping Fitz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah it's very strong this year. Great (WTF!) ending!

Mr E wrote: »
    Yeah it's very strong this year. Great (WTF!) ending!

was it missing a bit?
    I know mine stopped after the logo came up...normally you hear Coulson say we'll be back after the break and then cuts back..but mine finished with
    Fitz taking off his mask

No, that's what I was talking about. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'm only at episode 2, but it's a really solid start so far that angles another intriguing hook for the show.

It must be said, when you step back for a second and think about it, SHIELD has a really huge toybox; mutants, evil shadow organisations, AIs and Matrix analogues, clones, and now space / alien adventures. It's a hell of a diverse show...

there's probably enough material for another 10 seasons albeit with new characters. Sometimes shows can go on too long but I really don't want AoS to end anytime soon but I don't want to get to the point of jaded episodes.
    I think another 2-3 seasons could be good :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Can't wait for next week - I'm guessing we're gonna be following Fitz and see what he's been doing since the rest of them were taken at the Diner. Kudos to the writers for creatively managing to write Iain De Caestecker out of the show for 4 episode while he was off filming Overlord.
    Blazer wrote: »
    there's probably enough material for another 10 seasons albeit with new characters. Sometimes shows can go on too long but I really don't want AoS to end anytime soon but I don't want to get to the point of jaded episodes.
    I think another 2-3 seasons could be good :)

I agree that SHIELD definitely still has legs to run for another few seasons and still maintain its current quality, but I fear this could be the final season or at least second to last season (it could get renewed for a shorter final one), but ABC didn't want to renew it last year and it was because of pressure from Disney that they eventually did. Now if Disney keeps pressuring ABC to find a place for it on the schedule every year that'd be great, but I worry SHIELD's days are numbered at this point.

Interestingly, they apparently had a quite substantial budget cut this season, but you wouldn't think it watching the first few episodes of the season. The same thing happened with Angel during its 5th season and again they made it seem at the time like they had a bigger budget or at the very least equal to what they had before because of how they made use of that lesser budget.

Level 35 science stuff. Don't think they could spell it out more

I was just about to google why Fitz hadn't appeared this season yet just before he appeared. But when it showed him come in in disguise, I thought it could be him in Leia/Jedi style. (Just hope they don't put him in a bikini now)

• Advertisement

Great fun. :)

Not sure what the point of Catherine Dent's character was (the general), but I'm sure she'll be a factor when everyone gets back home.

Back January 5th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Great use of Hunter. I wonder if we'll see him again later in the season (I'm assuming as Adrianne Palecki is main cast on The Orville that Bobbi showing up at any point is unlikely).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,835 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Great use of Hunter. I wonder if we'll see him again later in the season (I'm assuming as Adrianne Palecki is main cast on The Orville that Bobbi showing up at any point is unlikely).

Now that Disney have bought FOX I know it hasn't gone through yet but there might be some leeway to let her guest if schedules permit.

My guess is they have already written most of the season without her in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Excellent episode!

I love you...

I know

Loved the fitz is a Man Utd fan reveal. Especially his frustration watching the football on tv so relatable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Wow, just caught the pilot. What a cool direction to go in.

Has me guessing that there'll be some relation to Captain Marvel

Slydice wrote: »
    Wow, just caught the pilot. What a cool direction to go in.

Has me guessing that there'll be some relation to Captain Marvel

Maybe but with Marvel set
    in the 80s
    it would be a surprise to have that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Maybe but with Marvel set
    in the 80s
    it would be a surprise to have that

Yes, It's the in the wrong direction so far but the
    time travel
    being involved has me at a maybe.