Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Comments

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Maybe Deke is somehow Ward's grandson. :)

The time travel thing is strange since, if the timeline played out after they were taken from the diner then who flew the Zephyr? The future we saw played out while Fitz was frozen

Robin is changing the time line, we're seeing it from her perspective in that instance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Does the time loop not go something like this?

Agents taken from the diner and brought to the future and Fitz is frozen.

Agents and Fitz in the future, planet earth is destroyed - this is what were watching now.

Agents manage to go back in time before earth is destroyed intending to stop it.

Daisy destroys the earth anyway.

Fitz and Simmons start working on time travel device, queue lines of "This could have happened thousands of times" from Fitz, May believes in Robin as she witnesses her death and says she'll be there in the end etc. - This is the "Flash back/Flash forward" We're watching in the most recent episode.

Time machine get's finished to bring the agents from the diner to "Save the day"

Agents taken from the diner and brought to the future and Fitz is frozen.......

And the loop is complete!!!!

What do you think? Does it add up?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Is the time machine not intended to send them back to the past using the fragments of the monolith.

Can someone remind me how Enoch knew to send them forward, did Robin just tell him to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,066 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Is the time machine not intended to send them back to the past using the fragments of the monolith.

Can someone remind me how Enoch knew to send them forward, did Robin just tell him to?

Yeah. Enoch was just helping fulfill Robins prophecies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think the main thing going against a time loop is the fact that the Earth isn't likely to be destroyed after they go back

• Advertisement

crazyderk wrote: »
    Does the time loop not go something like this?

Agents taken from the diner and brought to the future and Fitz is frozen.

Agents and Fitz in the future, planet earth is destroyed - this is what were watching now.

Agents manage to go back in time before earth is destroyed intending to stop it.

Daisy destroys the earth anyway.

Fitz and Simmons start working on time travel device, queue lines of "This could have happened thousands of times" from Fitz, May believes in Robin as she witnesses her death and says she'll be there in the end etc. - This is the "Flash back/Flash forward" We're watching in the most recent episode.

Time machine get's finished to bring the agents from the diner to "Save the day"

Agents taken from the diner and brought to the future and Fitz is frozen.......

And the loop is complete!!!!

What do you think? Does it add up?

I don't think so. None of the team from Robin's visions seemed to have any knowledge of future events (so never went to the future), particularly during the conversation between YoYo and May.

Robin has put a single reset in play, to allow the team avoid breaking the earth in the first place but it looks like it needs Flint to work.

I am prob way off the mark but I think Flint is coming back to present day, to hold the earth together

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I don't think so. None of the team from Robin's visions seemed to have any knowledge of future events (so never went to the future), particularly during the conversation between YoYo and May.

Robin has put a single reset in play, to allow the team avoid breaking the earth in the first place but it looks like it needs Flint to work.

I am prob way off the mark but I think Flint is coming back to present day, to hold the earth together

I agree other than Flint in the modern day, which may happen but is broadly unnecessary as his timeline will cease to exist or never be visited again if it remains as two parallel timelines. I still think his only role is to be able to put the monolith together without suffering any ill effects.

It does add issues for Mac, if they theorise that by going back they destroy this timeline, as he will yet again lose a person he would like to be a father figure too. I imagine if they postulate that timeline will continue separate to the correct one, Mac and YoYo might stay.

They may also have some way to bring everyone back, physics be damned.

If it hadn't been renewed for another season, my other, far darker theory is that May pulls a gun on the lot of them when they get back :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Squaredude

CramCycle wrote: »
    s be damned.

If it hadn't been renewed for another season, my other, far darker theory is that May pulls a gun on the lot of them when they get back :eek:

That would be one hell of an end to the show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Blazer wrote: »
    Anyway wouldn’t Deake have Fitz’s surname or at least know it.
    I’m guessing more likely Hunter’s grandson or maybe even Daisy herself.

I think YoYo said to May about how they all had to change their names and go into hiding, so chances are they changed their names before Fitz's son was born.

My theory is that each time they go to the future and come back, they realise they didn't learn enough in the future to stop the destruction of the earth from happening, which means their present selves have to do something to reset the loop and try to learn more. But this is now the last loop. This time things have been set in motion which will give them all the info they need to finally be able to go back and stop the earth from being destroyed.

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    My theory is that each time they go to the future and come back, they realise they didn't learn enough in the future to stop the destruction of the earth from happening, which means their present selves have to do something to reset the loop and try to learn more. But this is now the last loop. This time things have been set in motion which will give them all the info they need to finally be able to go back and stop the earth from being destroyed.

Except only Robin has any view of the alternates.
    It's much more likely that it's a one and done

I was thinking Deke was a descendant of Hunter and Bobbi more than Fitz & Simmons. Either way he could be a grandchild of one of them. All it would need is for Bob or Jemma to have a daughter and meet Owen Shaw and presto, Deke Shaw is born.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Anything of note happen in the post credit scene of the last episode? My recording cut off

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Anything of note happen in the post credit scene of the last episode? My recording cut off

Think the last scene was just White-Eyes (the Kree woman, forget her name) in the ship Coulson et al got to the surface in, and Kassius telling her to track them down and kill them.

Think the last scene was just White-Eyes (the Kree woman, forget her name) in the ship Coulson et al got to the surface in, and Kassius telling her to track them down and kill them.

Yep that was it. Sinara is creepy as hell. How many episodes are left in this pod does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

pjohnson wrote: »
    Yep that was it. Sinara is creepy as hell. How many episodes are left in this pod does anyone know?

Well there are 22 episodes in total for the season and I only see 12 so far for the season on TVShowTime but episode 11 is down for 3rd of March so I'd say 2 left on this pod

Yeah since they delayed the premiere to allow for Inhumans, there's almost no breaks between episodes now with some small exceptions. At least nothing compared to previous seasons or other shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Yeah since they delayed the premiere to allow for Inhumans, there's almost no breaks between episodes now with some small exceptions. At least nothing compared to previous seasons or other shows.

Yeah episode 10 is down for 3rd of February and the next episode is exactly a month later which is more than enough of a break

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I got the impression that the Lighthouse section wouldn't span the whole season, and if the previous run is anything to go by I expect an entirely separate arc to reveal itself once the cast return to earth (and presumably stop the earth cracking open).

Yeah I'm liking this Pod but probably not quite as much as Ghost Rider, LMD or Agents of Hydra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

pjohnson wrote: »
    Yeah I'm liking this Pod but probably not quite as much as Ghost Rider, LMD or Agents of Hydra.

in fairness it would have been practically impossible to beat last Season's show..it was mindbogglingly awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I'm still saying time loop! :)

Anyway.. that episode was alright.. a bit hit and miss.. right to the end.. when suddenly.. That was one of the most satisfying [BADDIE PLAN GOES WRONG] reaction moments in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭pah

Slydice wrote: »
    I'm still saying time loop! :)

Anyway.. that episode was alright.. a bit hit and miss.. right to the end.. when suddenly.. That was one of the most satisfying [BADDIE PLAN GOES WRONG] reaction moments in a while.

Didn't Fitzsimmons basically confirm the loop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

pah wrote: »
    Didn't Fitzsimmons basically confirm the loop?

Yep, when they talked about the tech they saw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Well that was bloody amazing.

Long wait until the next one (March 2nd)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So that'll be the second arc when it comes back?

Was an excellent episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Sarn

Really very good. However, they should really share what info they have, I’m looking at you yoyo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Mr E wrote: »
    Long wait until the next one (March 2nd)

Ah no :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Blame the Winter Olympics. A few shows will be affected...

• Advertisement

Another great episode. Loved the twists, and some of the shots (particularly relating to Flint) were beautiful.

Advertisement