Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Comments

So Flint is bringing the world back together, but would have been better if he was used to keep it from shattering.

I liked the episode but not the story. They've accepted a repeating loop, in place of an inHuman driven single do over so now we are into "you can not break a loop" territory and if they do, no way should the timeline stay intact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

That was a fantastic episode , Feel sorry for Deke really feel they did amazing with him in what could have been a really cliched character

Is it me or does the thing Coulsen have look like the same sickness Tony Stark had in Iron Man 2 ? surely a vibranium fix is the way to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Coulson coming back to life from Tahiti project was kree blood so there will be a kree cure somewhere down the line for what's up with him I'd guess, I knew the whole time paradox duplicate thing would pop up somehow someway. Very good episode the wait isn't too bad but I'm already itching to see who that lady general from the Fitz arc is and how she plays into what is now gonna happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,066 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

That was a fantastic episode , Feel sorry for Deke really feel they did amazing with him in what could have been a really cliched character

Is it me or does the thing Coulsen have look like the same sickness Tony Stark had in Iron Man 2 ? surely a vibranium fix is the way to go

I wonder if Deke actually went back with them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭Ronanc1

Have to say also worth a mention with the stellar work on this seasons "pod". It must be said the music which can often be described asworkman like or just sufficiently good has been particularly strong! Very blade runnerery esque etc going very well with the future storyline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,835 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They did a great job really with the cut in budget as well and turned this arc into a claustrophobic dark dank enclosed space station where they really didn't need a huge spend on set pieces etc.

They did a great job really with the cut in budget as well and turned this arc into a claustrophobic dark dank enclosed space station where they really didn't need a huge spend on set pieces etc.

Even that though, I feel the space scenes have been top notch in SFX (The shuttle they use gives a very Ravager, from Guardians, feel)

As for Deke, no death shown on screen means a way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Even that though, I feel the space scenes have been top notch in SFX (The shuttle they use gives a very Ravager, from Guardians, feel)

As for Deke, no death shown on screen means a way out.

No doubting that it’s held it’s own this season, but you can definitely notice a drop in the visual quality due to the decreased budget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Len_007

For me the SFX have been deadly too, far more realistic than say ST: Discovery

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

So Flint is bringing the world back together, but would have been better if he was used to keep it from shattering.

I liked the episode but not the story. They've accepted a repeating loop, in place of an inHuman driven single do over so now we are into "you can not break a loop" territory and if they do, no way should the timeline stay intact.

I don't think they have necessarily accepted the loop. It has always been Fitz' position on things but we have no 'proof' that changing it isn't possible.

If they don't ever see Flint and the rest again I'm ok with the last scene of them in the freighter. It was pretty well done and I don't mind there being a multi-verse as long as they don't appear again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

That got a bit Gory and Gruesome :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,974 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

why did mr blue man turn into the ultimate warrior and start pounding on mac hes hardly key to it all. just delayed them maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

why did mr blue man turn into the ultimate warrior and start pounding on mac he hardly key to it all. just delayed them maybe

I don't think he specifically targeted Mack, just Mack was the first one he saw. He was planning on trying to kill them all. Didn't really matter which order he was able to do it in.

Penn wrote: »
    I don't think he specifically targeted Mack, just Mack was the first one he saw. He was planning on trying to kill them all. Didn't really matter which order he was able to do it in.

I don’t think he cared if he killed them, the main goal was to make sure they didn’t go back. He thought if he was successful the timeline would reset and the earth would still be intact when his father attacked and he could rule it rather than the shattered remains.

I’m intrigued how they could possibly do a large scale Kree attack storyline while keeping some level of plausible deniability in involving the Avengers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,219 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I’m intrigued how they could possibly do a large scale Kree attack storyline while keeping some level of plausible deniability in involving the Avengers.

It'll probably be worked into Infinity Wars somehow. Just caught up on the whole season last night (One Piece had all my tv time over the last 6 months), so I was impressed with what I saw. Will be interesting to see where it goes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

At this stage, they should just take advantage of the time travelling plot-line, loop in some parallel universe logic and set Agents of SHIELD in a universe where the Avengers don't exist.

It's plainly obvious none of the Marvel TV shows are allowed to involve the MCU, be they this one or the Netflix shows, and instead of continuing the charade ...SHIELD should just do its own thing. With the current arc, Coulson can remark about the absence of Stark, Captain AMerica et. al, with SHIELD taking on the mantle of earth's protectors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,219 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Unless my MCU knowledge has a gap, aren't S.H.I.E.L.D. still in the realm of 'not existing' in the film universe? And the SHIELD we're watching on tv is all happening in the background? The Avengers are not affiliated with SHIELD anymore, due to that Accord from Ultron if i'm not mistaken, and are a separate entity on it's own. As far as the general populace of the MCU are concerned, they no longer exist, with everything going through the Military now?

Yeah, **** you Perlmutter

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Unless my MCU knowledge has a gap, aren't S.H.I.E.L.D. still in the realm of 'not existing' in the film universe? And the SHIELD we're watching on tv is all happening in the background? The Avengers are not affiliated with SHIELD anymore, due to that Accord from Ultron if i'm not mistaken, and are a separate entity on it's own. As far as the general populace of the MCU are concerned, they no longer exist, with everything going through the Military now?

They don't reference the movies anymore and are kind of in between the movies, the first series or so happened during the movies but they have stopped this now I think. This is a handy infographic getting a grasp of where everything sits, very spoilery for everything MCU so be warned if you aren't up to date with the movies and TV shows (Netflix and network)
    https://www.cnet.com/how-to/marvel-cinematic-universe-timeline-avengers/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah as far as the MCU is concerned SHIELD no longer exists, but technically the titular show is set in the Avengers world (iirc the Sokovia accord has come up before), so my suggestion would be to make a whole plot about it suddenly NOT being in that universe anymore. Least then this whole 'wink & a nod' approach would be put to bed, while SHIELD itself would have new purpose and a clean slate to work from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭kerplun k

It will be interesting to see what impact Infinity War will have on the rest of the TV shows, especially if there is game changing consequences, which I think there will. I guess AoS is kinda protecting itself from a Winter Soldier type fallout with the whole time loop thing, I wonder if this will serve as an official break-up for all Marvel TV as a whole, where they’ll just pick and choose what other show they want part of AoS canon, while also eliminating the parts they don’t... like Inhumans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,066 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

pixelburp wrote: »
    Yeah as far as the MCU is concerned SHIELD no longer exists, but technically the titular show is set in the Avengers world (iirc the Sokovia accord has come up before), so my suggestion would be to make a whole plot about it suddenly NOT being in that universe anymore. Least then this whole 'wink & a nod' approach would be put to bed, while SHIELD itself would have new purpose and a clean slate to work from.

Yeah the Accords were mentioned last year and featured in the Slingshot miniseries. Mace was also annoyed and lectured Coulson since AIDA was another artificial after what happened with Ultron.

whats with the such long break felt like next episode would be the mid season final, wanna watch it

whats with the such long break felt like next episode would be the mid season final, wanna watch it

Winter Olympics nothing is really being shown on Network tv in the States while it's on.

Winter Olympics nothing is really being shown on Network tv in the States while it's on.
    should have been a double episode last time out

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

should have been a double episode last time out

They always take a break in the States for programs just this year it feels even longer cause of the Olympics, I think most shows get back to normal in March. with 22 episodes a year that means there's 30 weeks without the show being shown, throw in a double episode then there's 31 weeks without the show being on.

Don’t think I’m on board with completely separating AoS (or the greater TV universe) from the MCU. I would like the extra freedom AoS would see but the big events in the MCU have helped move some of their story-lines along, they would be severely under powered to be ‘the earth’s protectors’ in another universe, and I feel the show works much better on a smaller scale (especially with the reduction in budget).

I got a Doctor Who vibe of that pic for a second.

• Advertisement

I got a Doctor Who vibe of that pic for a second.

Hail Whodra? :)

Advertisement