Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

With time-travel plots, there's always the realistic possibility that the viewer has thought out the permutations more than the writers; best to just run with it to avoid migraines, and keep the critical eye focused on the main thrust or narrative thread (so in this case, the idea that Daisy/SHIELD causes the world to crack open ) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,064 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Why were they not brought in I suppose is my point knowing what the team know will happen to Robins mother and how important Robin is or maybe they've just accepted Robin will find her way to them sooner or later given what they now know of the future that they are trying to prevent. Jebus I've over thought this a wee bit.

Fitz and Enoch have already sent Robin away with Hunter. They have probably no idea where to find her now in the present.

Maybe Hunter and Bobbi return with her at some point but for now Hunter and Bobbi wouldn't know the team is back and the team have no way of finding them. Unless Fitz starts watching soccer again :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Do we know how long it is from when the team went into the future and when they returned? Is it just a few minutes, days, weeks, months? If it is a long period of time is there is another version of Fitz that is still in prison? Or in 'hibernation' for his long sleep into the future? Surely it would have made more sense for the team to reappear back at the diner seconds after they vanished?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

gazzer wrote: »
    Do we know how long it is from when the team went into the future and when they returned? Is it just a few minutes, days, weeks, months? If it is a long period of time is there is another version of Fitz that is still in prison? Or in 'hibernation' for his long sleep into the future? Surely it would have made more sense for the team to reappear back at the diner seconds after they vanished?

It has to have been after Fitz went into hibernation right?, the army mention they haven't been seen in months.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

They have to do something about the timeline now or else there will be absolutely no suspense in any scene where Fitz and Simmons are in danger cause we know they have to have kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

CramCycle wrote: »
    It has to have been after Fitz went into hibernation right?, the army mention they haven't been seen in months.

So there is a frozen Fitz somewhere in that lighthouse so :):)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

gazzer wrote: »
    So there is a frozen Fitz somewhere in that lighthouse so :):)

Hmmm, I don't think so; I believe Fitz and Enoch left on a spaceship and IIRC, hide somewhere in the solar system, with Fitz on ice. All of the guns and equipment Fitz left is somewhere in the Lighthouse, yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,217 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

kerplun k wrote: »
    As a supporting character, I have nothing against Daisy, but Chloe Bennet is not a good enough actor to carry the show. Its simple, No Coulson, No S.H.I.E.L.D.
    Imagine Bennet as the lead in a S6, with a reduced budget. This would surely tarnish the legacy of the show.

I think she is fantastic.

I'd be just as excited to see her, Mack, FitzSimmons etc.

Her stunt fighting is very good and her emotional acting has become very good too - the scene with Coulson in ep100 was fan-freaking-tastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Deke put out an all points bulletin assemble call out with that call he made hunter and bobbi must be way off grid to have missed it again I'm reading way too much into things won't see this show again for a week so gotta steer clear of here from Friday night until Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭macslash

My stream cut off the other night. Did I miss anything at the end? There was no 'we'll be back in a moment'..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

There wasn't anything after the logo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

If it had all turned out to be in Couldson's head I honestly don't think I would have been that pissed off. Obviously the tie-ins with the film universe would have been inexplicable but aside from that I think it would have had a nice Life On Mars feel.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

It would have been a great final episode, they could have left it hanging in mid air, annoying everyone with a was it wasn't it. Then really pissing people off by having some of the characters appear in the movies in the background.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

FunLover18 wrote: »
    If it had all turned out to be in Couldson's head I honestly don't think I would have been that pissed off. Obviously the tie-ins with the film universe would have been inexplicable but aside from that I think it would have had a nice Life On Mars feel.

I genuinely would be ok with them ending it as if it's in his head. While a lot of other shows pulled this, it would make sense in this show. But they're not going to do it. It was nice of them to bring in the idea, and it felt like they were doing some fan service by saying 'We could do this, but we won't'.

Who the hell is this Robin ye keep mentioning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I genuinely would be ok with them ending it as if it's in his head. While a lot of other shows pulled this, it would make sense in this show. But they're not going to do it. It was nice of them to bring in the idea, and it felt like they were doing some fan service by saying 'We could do this, but we won't'.

Who the hell is this Robin ye keep mentioning?

The little girl who could draw the future (who was the old woman in the future).

I can't think of a more redundant, cheating narrative gimmick than the 'it was all a dream' twist. In a show that went a long way to earning (the hard way) a lot of depth in its characters, building a very likeable and charismatic cast (one that really made you root for Fitz & Simmons), to then pull the rug out would have been a pretty sh*tty thing to do IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

pixelburp wrote: »
    I can't think of a more redundant, cheating narrative gimmick than the 'it was all a dream' twist. In a show that went a long way to earning (the hard way) a lot of depth in its characters, building a very likeable and charismatic cast (one that really made you root for Fitz & Simmons), to then pull the rug out would have been a pretty sh*tty thing to do IMO.

My thoughts exactly.
    It’s AoS not ****in Dallas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Great episode...i wonder will
    Deke tell Fitz & Simmons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Blazer wrote: »
    Great episode...i wonder will
    Deke tell Fitz & Simmons

I get the feeling they are working up to the big reveal: His Surname! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,064 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Slydice wrote: »
    I get the feeling they are working up to the big reveal: His Surname! :D

His surname is Shaw thanks to his daddy!

• Advertisement

Ah, maybe that explains the mothers appearance

Hey Mack-hammer... Can't touch this!

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

pixelburp wrote: »

I dunno. Most other shows that have done the whole dream thing pulled it out of nowhere. AoS has set this up that it being all a dream is an actual plausible outcome, especially with the way yer man in the fear part put it, that all the characters have ended up the way they have due to Coulsons belief of how they would end up.

But I agree, it would be a bit bad to do it after all this time, but it's an ending I wouldn't immediately give out about.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I dunno. Most other shows that have done the whole dream thing pulled it out of nowhere. AoS has set this up that it being all a dream is an actual plausible outcome, especially with the way yer man in the fear part put it, that all the characters have ended up the way they have due to Coulsons belief of how they would end up.

But I agree, it would be a bit bad to do it after all this time, but it's an ending I wouldn't immediately give out about.

It couldn’t be plausible given the cross overs with the movies. Too much has happened in MCU that impacted AoS that Coulson couldn’t have known about if he was just on an operating table after being stabbed by Loki. To a lesser extent they’d also have to ignore out how AoS impacted the larger MCU and put it down as coincidence that it aligned with his dream.

From an episode and Coulson’s perspective it was a good way to mess with his head, but once you think about it it doesn’t work unless you make the entire MCU is a dream of Coulson’s, which obviously is never going to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Well episode 14 was amazing! Seasons 4 and 5 have truly been outstanding. This show has gone from something I considered that I should stop watching to a show I can't wait to be on and get up early on Saturday to watch it.

Amazing episode throughout. Just utterly terrific.

I did not see that twist coming! The
    Fitz
    one. I thought they were going to have
    two if him about the place for a while. He did those double scenes well

Ah the end..
    that writing looked alien or something but did he say Hydra? I was like... urgh.. what hydra!?!? again?!? it's like they'll never learn.. although SHIELD isn't doing too great itself at the moment.

Slydice wrote: »
    I did not see that twist coming! The
    Fitz
    one. I thought they were going to have
    two if him about the place for a while. He did those double scenes well

Ah the end..
    that writing looked alien or something but did he say Hydra? I was like... urgh.. what hydra!?!? again?!? it's like they'll never learn.. although SHIELD isn't doing too great itself at the moment.

My theory is
    Gen. Hale may have been a previous member of Hydra and is trying to bring it back. Whoever was in the final scene with her gave her the same thing the Kassius took before he died, the thing that makes them rage out. So I think whoever was behind Hale was a Kree (possibly Kassius' father) and is using Hale by promising her the help she needs to rebuild Hydra. Hence his "Hail (Hale) Hydra" comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭pah

I'm thinking skrulls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I am afraid...

I don't know what else to say after that

Fitz is an amazing character full of so much darkness.

Advertisement