Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,835 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That was an amazing 40 minutes of tv.

This is the best thing in the whole MCU and no way should it be cancelled.

Move it off ABC for sure however give it pride and place on the new Disney streaming site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,061 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I am afraid...

I don't know what else to say after that

Fitz is an amazing character full of so much darkness.

Iain is a bloody amazing actor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,974 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

fitz is a sneaky coward, dissociating to get things done? why not just ask?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

That was an amazing 40 minutes of tv.

This is the best thing in the whole MCU and no way should it be cancelled.

Move it off ABC for sure however give it pride and place on the new Disney streaming site.

Hold on, what? is it being cancelled :eek: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Slydice wrote: »
    Hold on, what? is it being cancelled :eek: :(

There's been talk of it, and apparently two scripts are written/being written for the show's finale..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Absolutely fantastic episode. I despair at the thoughts of it getting cancelled but I really hope that Fitz goes on to more roles and that the writers of this show work on maybe Marvel movies or something. They really are that excellent and make writers on other shows look like complete morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

While The Russo Brothers have shot down any overlap between Infinity War and Agents Of Shield, Jed Whedon did say this, spoiler tagged just in case anyone doesn't want to read.
    If you watched the trailer, a lot of sh*t goes down! These are the kinds of questions we can do everything but answer. The movies blaze a path. When Doctor Strange came out it introduced us to magic which gave us Ghost Rider; when Guardians of the Galaxy came out, we were introduced to space. We are waiting for that movie to come out so it can open a new playground for us.

So assuming the show continues past Season 5, what kind of or if any ripple/domino effect could/would Infinity War have for the show in terms of moving forward? Discuss.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

As much as I love this show I can’t help but
    feel it’s winding down. Old faces showing up this season, huge changes to the character of fitz , fitz-simmons getting married, coulson dying. These are all things you do in the final season of a tv show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I see Iain De Caestecker is going to be in the next Cloverfield film coming out in October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Slightly off topic but Only thing i saw him in before this was BBC's The Fades. Looking now and it also starred Black Panther/Get Out's Daniel Kaluuya, GoT's Natalie Dormer and Lucifer's Tom Elllis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,061 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but Only thing i saw him in before this was BBC's The Fades. Looking now and it also starred Black Panther/Get Out's Daniel Kaluuya, GoT's Natalie Dormer and Lucifer's Tom Elllis

Was he not in Corrie as a kid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I saw him. In that Irvine Welsh movie, filth. Small part. Great book.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Was he not in Corrie as a kid?

Yeah but for me to see him in that would require watching it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Good episode alright... You have to think that now that Jemma is having morning sickness, Fitz is somewhat disposable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Mr E wrote: »
    Good episode alright... You have to think that now that Jemma is having morning sickness, Fitz is somewhat disposable?

Nah. Deke has said that his mother used to talk about her father (Fitz) and it was definitely in a way that shows she knew him personally for years, and not in a "My mother told me about him" way.

Must be great confidence builder for Deke that the second he tells Gemma she's his grandmother, she throws up. It's like the thought sickened her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I just assumed she had .. had thoughts..

Captain Marvel Movie Spoiler -

Clark Gregg is listed in this news item from marvel as being in captain marvel.

https://news.marvel.com/movies/86686/production-underway-marvel-studios-captain-marvel/

Not sure if thats new information or not ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Captain Marvel Movie Spoiler -

Clark Gregg is listed in this news item from marvel as being in captain marvel.

https://news.marvel.com/movies/86686/production-underway-marvel-studios-captain-marvel/

Not sure if thats new information or not ?
    Isn't the plan to set it in the past so probably no impact on the AoS timeline? I wonder how they weave his knowledge of her into things that happened later in the MCU movies and AoS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Holy batman.....that was amazing!!!!! I don't think Jemma has morning sickness i just think it was all a bit much for her between Fitz and Deke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭pah

polydactyl wrote: »
    Holy batman.....that was amazing!!!!! I don't think Jemma has morning sickness i just think it was all a bit much for her between Fitz and Deke.

Of course she does

Yeh it’s set in the 90s I think , the guy who played Ronan the accuser in guardians is also listed as being in it. He may not be playing the same character though. Would love it if colson or daisy showed up in IW.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Isn't the plan to set it in the past so probably no impact on the AoS timeline? I wonder how they weave his knowledge of her into things that happened later in the MCU movies and AoS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭polydactyl

pah wrote: »
    Of course she does

But it’s 73 years in the future so even if Deke 33 (which I doubt he is supposed to be) then his mother had him at 40 and died at 50? Now I am not saying that the writers maths skills couldn’t be dodgy alright. But I also think it would be better writing for it to have been an emotional overload puke :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

polydactyl wrote: »
    But it’s 73 years in the future so even if Deke 33 (which I doubt he is supposed to be) then his mother had him at 40 and died at 50? Now I am not saying that the writers maths skills couldn’t be dodgy alright. But I also think it would be better writing for it to have been an emotional overload puke :)

Could also have two children, this one brings Fitz back from the edge. She could lose one. Or she could just have gotten sick from shock but the writers played it up for this conversation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah to be honest I actually took it as her getting sick from the shock of everything rather than morning sickness.

Of course we all remember a the times Gemma had said that thing that she always says about taking steps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Is it even possible that the guy talking to the general at the end was The Red Skull or is that too much of a stretch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Is it even possible that the guy talking to the general at the end was The Red Skull or is that too much of a stretch

Highly doubt it, no way
    they would recast Hugo Weaving who played Red skull
    . If you check the imdb page for the episode it reveals
    who the voice is, no idea who the character is

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Of course we all remember a the times Gemma had said that thing that she always says about taking steps

Self fulfilling prophecy. Now that she knows it's important she will say it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,835 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Another great episode.

They really can't cancel this series.

Also man I can't wait to see Captain Marvel set in the 80's.

Advertisement