Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,061 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Fitz reaction is priceless in the "We'll return in a moment" stinger :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Everybody who's been to the future be like...

Not the first time I've thought it but
    it's really feeling like there'll be at least a nod of a tie-in with Captain Marvel especially with these 80s flashbacks and Coulson set to show up in the film

I recognised yer man from the confederacy and I knew I'd seen him before.. like in Midnight Texas most recently but also 300..
    Peter Mensah
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0579795/
    He's been in a bunch like:
    • 2017-2018 Midnight, Texas (TV Series)
    • 2014 300: Rise of an Empire
    • 2010-2013 Spartacus (TV Series)
    • 2012 True Blood (TV Series)
    • 2011 Spartacus: Gods of the Arena (TV Mini-Series)
    • 2009 Avatar
    • 2008 Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (TV Series)
    • 2008 The Incredible Hulk
    • 2006 300
    • 2005 Star Trek: Enterprise (TV Series)
    • 2003 Tears of the Sun
    • 1998-1999 Earth: Final Conflict

Gotta be a big enough arc coming for him but not sure if he'll get a film placement.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Another great episode.

They really can't cancel this series.

Also man I can't wait to see Captain Marvel set in the 80's.

Thought Captain Marvel was gonna be set in the 90's?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

They're really getting great use out of General Hale's underground bunker; this must be the greyest show on TV with all these bunker sets :D A good recent episode though; the return of
    Talbot and Whitehall, albeit in flashback for
    was a nice surprise.

I saw a trailer for this weeks episode and
    my worries that Daisy would be written as the new leader (or at least the temporary one, while Coulson is MIA) are proving to be well founded;
    . Really hope it doesn't properly come to pass 'cos it's a legitimately awful idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Pity they didn't have a younger John Garrett but who'd be good enough to pull off a young Bill Paxton (Will Arnett) maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

This is turning out to be a really cool season.. I think.

Cos like.. they're pulling in a bunch of stuff from the past. Even the Tahiti joke was done so well :)

I came up with one! Shur doesn't that gravitonium like to stay..
    Hydrated!
    :D

It's also that they did so much and all the characters are being kept involved and the whole story is moving forward. That can't be easy.

So... the
    cold place at the end
    .. anyone have any clue? An old
    hydra base
    maybe or a possible
    Asgardian
    tie-in?

Dunno how, if any, reliability this has but rumblings of a renewal for Season 6 starting.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/amp/2018/04/07/agents-of-shield-season-6-renewal-rumor/

If you're thinking of blonde jokes now's not the time, but I know a bunch of em

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,974 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

who is that guy?

The post show was excellent

• Advertisement

there are some real interesting connections with some of the characters that are very unlikely to happen creel is a great one given that his character dates back to the 60s

who is that guy?

Talbot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I fell off the wagon when the series seemed to jump the shark a bit with the Ghost Rider plot line.
    I've been bingeing Marvel stuff with Infinity War on the horizon, and when I ran out of films, I said **** it, I'll get back into this.
    I'm glad I did because the 2 other plotlines in S4 were brilliant, as has been the whole of season 5.

I dunno am I just feeling emotionally vulnerable at the moment, but I swear I'm getting reduced to tears every episode at this stage. The wedding, the revelation about Deke, and loads of other smaller bits and pieces. Henstridge and De Caestecker are the heart of the show and they're just bloody adorable.

As far as Daisy being in charge of SHIELD goes, I don't think there's anything wrong with Bennet as an actor. She's nailed a lot of stuff all throughout the shows duration. It tends towards the weepy end of things, but it's weepy done well as far as I'm concerned.
    They just didn't make her character into much of a leader. Of course, they could develop that and they'd get plenty of subplot mileage out of it. The real issue isn't her having to step up but that the show can't afford to lose Clark Gregg. It'd just die after limping on for another season, worse off as an overall series, diminishing its legacy.

I wonder where the MCU goes from here on TV/streaming. It's hard to know how attached they are to the internal consistency of the universe when half the Avengers are weaker than characters that appear in the TV shows, but the latter aren't recruited into the Avengers.
    If they carry on like that, they can just keep making shows about superheroes that aren't in the Avengers for some reason.

It'd be nice to get some sort of reference, however oblique, to the show in Infinity War or the the one after. They've smoothed over previous films, or incorporated them into the story of AOS but it seems like Infinity War should be more involving than previous ones. Of course the season finishes the day Avengers 3 comes out and if it's cancelled then they'll never have that problem. We can just pretend they're off fighting Thanos' minions somewhere out of the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

hell if it finishes give them cameos in IW part 2...shotgun axe and thanos minions anyone ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Blazer wrote: »
    hell if it finishes give them cameos in IW part 2...shotgun axe and thanos minions anyone ? :D

It would be some incredible planning ahead IF that were the ultimate endgame for the show.

But unfortunately it won't happen, cause the show will probably get renewed.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It would be some incredible planning ahead IF that were the ultimate endgame for the show.

But unfortunately it won't happen, cause the show will probably get renewed.

fingers crossed...also without Coulson its just not the same..they need to keep him and May in it.
    I also need my Yoyo and Mack jokes back again...

Honestly YoYo and Mac are the weakest, for me, at them moment.

Mac always just about was ok, hate his holier than thou moral lecturing while being a member of a paramilitary secret organisation (no matter that they're the good guys)

YoYo has this "I'm angry and no one dares knock me (rightly) down a peg or two" which eas always an annoying character trait of hers

Together they managed to bounce well off each other with nice comedic timings but this season it's all controlling Mac and rebellious YoYo being at their worst

yeah they're too depressing compared to season 4.

Coulson and Tahiti will still come back into things I think, the blood used to bring him back was Kree somehow I think that will make Coulson a beacon for what is to come, the few throwbacks to season one so far are playing up a much longer game for the shows ultimate resolve. Seems like the gravatonium has been in play all along.

who is that guy?
    the guy sucked into the gravitonium at the end

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

the guy sucked into the gravitonium at the ned

Ian Quinn, its from the end of season 1..or more so a scene we never saw which takes place just at the end of events of season 1.

Axwell wrote: »
    Ian Quinn, its from the end of season 1..or more so a scene we never saw which takes place just at the end of events of season 1.
    ok but i thought the scientist guy was already in there, did we see two people in there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,835 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Franklin Hall (Graviton) was shown for a split second.

Hall was also shown a few times inside Creels head. It was Quinn we never actually saw in the Gravitonium. We heard Creel mention "they" never agree but we didn't know Quinn was also there until that Stinger.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It is a bit weird just how many old characters are being dragged back for cameos and callbacks; is definitely the playbook for a show in its last season. Dredging up a once off plot from season 1 though was a particularly obscure throwback, certainly playing the long game right there in tying it into the arc for this year.

If the axe does fall, with 6 episodes left hopefully the show gets a good ending. Whats the current betting on it surviving/getting the chop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

i think its going to get cut, theyve basically been running around two different corridor sets for six episodes. Dont get me wrong ive enjoyed the eps but the budget has been seriously slashed. Theres no way it could continue like that.

Yeah; I'd much rather it end on its own terms than limp into a season 6 with an even tinier budget (cos there'd be no way they get an increase).

They've done stellar work with those 2/3 corridors, but Agents of SHIELD has always been a show with a globe-trotting, epic scope - often with the FX to match. It's an expensive show sure, but it put everything on-screen & while I've put up with a reduced season 5, not sure I could endure another season of underground bunkers (or for that matter, SHIELD being run by Daisy).

I've recalled reading about the threat of cancellation of this show since about the end of season 2; it's a wonder they managed to get this far as it is, given ABC's supposed lack of support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

As great as the show currently is and as much as I would absolutely watch a Season 6, the way they're wrapping everything up and pulling in stuff from Season 1... it might be better to end it this season. This season in many ways does feel almost like a victory lap and a farewell, but also not resting on their laurels and still telling a great story.

Advertisement