Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Clark Gregg and Chloe Bennet went to the Infinity War premiere today.

Of course it doesn't mean they're involved, but at least it seems like they're not treating SHIELD like the red-headed stepchild and freezing out all the cast and crew or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Gbear wrote: »

Of course it doesn't mean they're involved, but at least it seems like they're not treating SHIELD like the red-headed stepchild and freezing out all the cast and crew or anything.

almost certain cast of SHIELD have gone to most if not all the movie premiers, seen a few of the Netflix shows turn up to them too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    almost certain cast of SHIELD have gone to most if not all the movie premiers, seen a few of the Netflix shows turn up to them too.

Yeah. Same happens on the DC side. Cast members of the CW shows tend to get invites to some of the premieres on the DC movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭kerplun k

There have been some rumblings lately that Coulson may appear in the next Avengers movie. The Russo brothers refused to comment on it in a recent interview, normally they would just shut this type of thing down, plus Clark Gregg is confirmed to star in Captain Marvel, albeit in a prequel role, but still, in terms of making the connection between SHIELD and the movies, its huge.

https://www.cbr.com/infinity-war-director-coulson-return/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

going to the midnight screening tonight for IW. Can't wait to see it..can't remember how far back I was so hyped for a movie.

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    going to the midnight screening tonight for IW. Can't wait to see it..can't remember how far back I was so hyped for a movie.

Im booked for Thursday after work. I cannot firggen wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Len_007

kerplun k wrote: »
    There have been some rumblings lately that Coulson may appear in the next Avengers movie. The Russo brothers refused to comment on it in a recent interview, normally they would just shut this type of thing down, plus Clark Gregg is confirmed to star in Captain Marvel, albeit in a prequel role, but still, in terms of making the connection between SHIELD and the movies, its huge.

https://www.cbr.com/infinity-war-director-coulson-return/

That article seems to wonder if he'd return in this Infinity War film. Which would have to be doubtful. But it would be cool to see him in Avenger's 4, obviously they'd have to have an explanation for the non TV watching audience as to how he's alive and well. (Assuming of course he makes it out of this season unscathed)
    It would be nice too if SHIELD does get cancelled that maybe Quake or Fitzsimmons got a promotion to one of the future movies...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Get May in there against Thanos. She can do a Squirrel Girl and singlehandedly defeat Thanos

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

As nice as it would be for Coulson to turn up, given how stuffed Infinity War already seems there's no neat way of introducing Coulson back to the MCU amid the noise.

If he's turning up in Captain Marvel during the material set in the 90s, it'd be easier to have scenes in the modern day, with Cara Dancers getting used to the lie of the land when suddenly... hey look it's Phil! Then at least there's more room to acquaint the audience as to his recovery.

I guess they could always retcon the entire series of AOS and bring him back with the Soul Stone...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Len_007 wrote: »
    I guess they could always retcon the entire series of AOS and bring him back with the Soul Stone...

Well, the way Agents... has been heavily hinting, Coulson seems destined to die again on the show anyway; maybe there's the dovetail. He'll be 'dead' in the status quo of TV & Film simultaneously, so if they did bring him back to life in the MCU, it wouldn't inherently contradict the TV series & wouldn't require too much backstory.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Well, the way Agents... has been heavily hinting, Coulson seems destined to die again on the show anyway; maybe there's the dovetail. He'll be 'dead' in the status quo of TV & Film simultaneously, so if they did bring him back to life in the MCU, it wouldn't inherently contradict the TV series & wouldn't require too much backstory.

Right, that's what I was thinking. He must know something from the 90's that's important for Avengers 4 that they need him back, again ;)

Can I request that if there is anyone from SHIELD in Infinity War, please don't post it here or if you must, place in marked spoilers.
    Unfortunately I won't get to see the film until next week at the earliest.

Actually, I may just stay out of here until I see it, to be safe

If anyone posts spoilers from Infinity War without spoiler text, or mentioning it's from the movie first, they're getting a card :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,835 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Also please state that the spoiler is from Infinity War don't just spoiler something and leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Isn't there a hashtag that's making it's way around online regarding spoilers for said film.

If anyone posts spoilers from Infinity War without spoiler text, or mentioning it's from the movie first, they're getting a card :)

I’d suggest an outright ban.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I would hope that is meant to read spoiler tags AND mentioning its from the film first. This is an AoS thread. Last thing i want is choosing to read some potential AoS spoiler only to find its something from Infinity War spoiled instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

For anyone wondering, there's an oblique reference to something happening in New York in yesterday's episode (I haven't seen it but presumably it's Infinity-War-related). It's completely non-specific.

They might trickle little bits into the remaining episodes, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's all we get.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

For anyone wondering, there's an oblique reference to something happening in New York in yesterday's episode (I haven't seen it but presumably it's Infinity-War-related). It's completely non-specific.

They might trickle little bits into the remaining episodes, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's all we get.

Presume it is to cover their ass on why no Avenger turns up when a giant spaceship appears.

Infiity War Spoiler!!!!
    Given the ending I don't know how it couldn't massively impact the show. With 50% of people gone they couldn't leave the team unaffected and I don't see how the knock on impact wouldn't overshadow the whole next season if it was renewed. Given that it is likely Avengers 4 will take place directly after IW, the timing of how they could fit in another season in that period would is very difficult.

With all that it would have made much more sense to hold off doing the future timeline story until next season as they could avoid the direct impact of IW and then return to the present a few months after the resolution of Avengers 4. It will take an impressive juggling effort to make next season work so I'm starting to lose all hope that the show won't either finish up or take a hiatus for a year, before returning on the Disney streaming platform so they can skip over this issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Very difficult to see anything on the screen for this episode my eyesight isn't too great and the darkness thing really is too much I'm hoping they get out of the lighthouse soon General Talbot is a fantastic character Adrian Pasdar is doing an excellent job in the role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

i cant remember does yoyo know that she did in fact die, multiple times, in the future and was brought back to life, she looked more or less the same age, been really annoying me the last few episodes,

gonna be interesting to see what happens with the aliens, is ross gonna go up and crush their ship, and with him now infused with the gravitonium, is he gonna be the destroyer of worlds, hes a very unstable person, the absolute last guy you want with that kind of power, but its probably also why he has such a good level of control, with the 2 fellas screaming inside the gravitonium, who im assuming are still there,

also i cant recall the significance of that grave daisy was at, anyone?

cant wait for next week,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

don ramo wrote: »

cant wait for next week,

It was her mother’s grave.

don ramo wrote: »
    i cant remember does yoyo know that she did in fact die, multiple times, in the future and was brought back to life, she looked more or less the same age, been really annoying me the last few episodes,

gonna be interesting to see what happens with the aliens, is ross gonna go up and crush their ship, and with him now infused with the gravitonium, is he gonna be the destroyer of worlds, hes a very unstable person, the absolute last guy you want with that kind of power, but its probably also why he has such a good level of control, with the 2 fellas screaming inside the gravitonium, who im assuming are still there,

cant wait for next week,

Talbot, not Ross

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

That's where the whole time paradox duplicate mumbo-jumbo comes in to play present Yo-yo thinks because she has met a future version of her self she will still exist as the future version has told her the team are on a time loop which only leads to the future they meet in so no matter what happens yo-yo will survive (even if she is revived by an unseen inhuman or by future tech) she will exist in the future to the point where they meet at least.

Fitz and Simmons is a different story their existing to a certain point in the future seems to be based on Deke and his continuing to exist he seems to be their basis that the time loop is unbreakable as he will cease to exist if the future he came from is prevented from happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Well first I was like..
    Hey hey, they shelled out for fancy Alien ship special effects!

Then I was.. You know what, these baddies look like a bunch of Sub Zeros from Mortal Kombat :)

Then.. what .. what is happenning to the Sub Zeroes :eek: What has Talbot become?? :eek:

Then at the end I had to google "Jiaying Marvel" because I forget, anyway it's yer wan, the old head of the Inhumans (also Sierra in Dollhouse) who could absorb powers and live longer.

It’s all connected... let’s wait and see how true that actually is.

Yes was thinking those boys reminded me of Scorpian & Reptile. Incidentally the director of this episode, Kevin Tancharoen, also did those deadly Mortal Kombat shorts from a few years back. His sister is show runner alongside her husband Jed.

The movie overlaps were a lot better when you had two brothers concurrently doing the films & TV show at the same time. With Joss no longer around, the best we get is a vague reference to something happening in New York.

#ItsAllMaybeKindOfVaguelyDisconnected

Still, good episode!

When they entered the control room, all I heard in my head was "Sub Zero", "Scorpion". Would've been even better if the fight scene had the Mortal Kombat theme playing over it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Worth remembering that originally "Infinity War" was scheduled to open this week in the US but was more recently moved back. If they have created a tie-in episode it wouldn't have ever aired last week before the film had been due to be released.

Advertisement