Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Definitely a table setter episode for the finale, can't be too much of a surprise that the prophesied warning from YoYo would come to pass.

May's snarky remark that the corridors on the alien ship all looked alike was a little too on the nose for my tastes. The action was good but the ship sets have been utter rubbish. That they used the same metal grey again was just frustrating.

The delay on SHIELDS future is very intriguing; you'd think it'd be announced with the clutch of other shows recently - especially given the much publicised issues on its continuation over the years - but then I wonder if perhaps we'll finally get a crossover with Infinity War by way of a cliffhanger..
    that Thanos' finger snap would happen after the day is saved in the finale, snuffing out a bunch of the cast as they enjoy their triumph. Any renewal could then do so with a conveniently smaller castin budget

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Or seeing as the show's future is still in the air, as a finale altogether...

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR SPOILER
    They'll all be turned to ash due to Thanos' actions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Len_007

Wow, that was a great one, action packed, & superb direction from Kevin T. Watch out for this guy, won’t be long before he graduates to the big screen.
    Didn’t it look like the cast were totally enjoying themselves?! I’m thinking of Daisy, May, Coulson & Deek in that corridor scene.
    And yeh, just what is with the delay on the prospective renewal? Surely the decision has been made already. If not, then this episode could of been the post card to ABC to see just what they would be letting go of, like “Letters In Transit”.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I thought the Magneto impression by Talbot was very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

How amazing was Davis's story?! I can't believe he survived that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

13 more Episodes to wrap it up in a short season 6.
    Maybe tie it in and up with Avengers 4.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/agents-shield-renewed-abbreviated-sixth-season-at-abc-1110788

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,835 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Deadline reporting that despite low live viewing numbers it does really strong on DVR and really strong on International sales.

The episode number isn't confirmed yet either if I remember right last year it was predicted that it would also get a 13 episode order which was eventually up to a full season order.

So fingers crossed the same happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Given what happened in infinity war and it's aftermath coulson being the fall guy in avengers assemble he has a major role now to step up let the avengers know he is alive and ready to coordinate the ground troops the next movie needs to incorporate the TV shows if possible as the human and b team superheroes can offer tangent support, 11 months to piece things together in that sense

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

13 episodes to wrap things up sounds right; it'll focus the plot and hopefully mean more money to spend per episode (though prob. won't work out that way).

If it airs in October then they're going for a full season hail Mary if it airs after Christmas it'll be a potential lead in to the next avengers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Ah well then we can very likely expect *that* tie-in with 'Infinity Wars':
    So who is going to vanish? :pac:

ixoy wrote: »
    Mack makes most sense as he wasn't in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Delighted that this got renewed.
    This season hasn’t been as strong as last year, but the cast are always fantastic, and really carry the show and more than make up for any shortcomings with the lackluster effects. I think the 13 episode order count is perfect. I hope the writers can rediscover the magic from season 4, hopefully with a streamlined structure and budget they’ll nail a great ending and give the show a great send off, because it really deserves it.

All but Davis and Piper?
    I'm thinking Thanos wasn't in the original timeline so just as Graviton is about to destroy the planet, he vanishes

I'm just wondering if there'll be much of a tie in. I mean with the secrecy behind the movie, would they have told the tv writers?
    I know the Winter Soldier twist was told to them but they kept it contained. But the series seems to have less pull now.

It will return midseason as it did this year.

Make that summer
    http://ew.com/tv/2018/05/15/abc-fall-schedule-2018-19/

Puts it after the next Avengers which I suppose makes sense

Well then the season finale on Friday night could well incorporate Infinity War

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Makes a lot of sense, and glad that they're taking it into consideration how the IW story would affect AoS.

Infinity War. What do we think? Yay or Nay?
    I think they’ll definitely do it. It’ll be the final shot, straight after the “We’ll be back in a moment”

With a new season, they'll definitely do it I reckon. Maybe they filmed two endings just in case they hadn't got renewed.

So the guess is to how it's going to play out:
    Deke and Mac. They're not in the future time line anyway so it fits. Plus Yo-Yo can feel even more miserable as a result.
    I think taking one of Fitz or Simmons is too obvious but they can still take their grandson away just to screw them over. Plus Fitz then never gets to reconcile with Mac.
    Piper can wave bye bye and hope 'Supergirl' has more work for her.
    Now of the rest one of Daisy, Coulson or May. My guess is May. The happy kiss sealed it - Coulson is saved but broken immediately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,060 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Is Venskus on Supergirl too?

Shes got a nice amount of work between this, Supergirl and The Walking Dead.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Is Venskus on Supergirl too?

Shes got a nice amount of work between this, Supergirl and The Walking Dead.
    Yeah she's appeared in over 10 episodes of 'Supergirl'. Adrian Pasdar has appeared in both shows too, as has Dichen Lachman.

With a new season, they'll definitely do it I reckon. Maybe they filmed two endings just in case they hadn't got renewed.

So the guess is to how it's going to play out:
    Deke and Mac. They're not in the future time line anyway so it fits. Plus Yo-Yo can feel even more miserable as a result.
    I think taking one of Fitz or Simmons is too obvious but they can still take their grandson away just to screw them over. Plus Fitz then never gets to reconcile with Mac.
    Piper can wave bye bye and hope 'Supergirl' has more work for her.
    Now of the rest one of Daisy, Coulson or May. My guess is May. The happy kiss sealed it - Coulson is saved but broken immediately.

Yep. This.
    Only I think Coulson is a goner.
    I actually think he’ll make a return in A4. And then come back in S6 as part of the whole Infinity War theory.

kerplun k wrote: »
    Yep. This.
    Only I think Coulson is a goner.
    I actually think he’ll make a return in A4. And then come back in S6 as part of the whole Infinity War theory.
    Actually, you're probably right. Since Coulson is set to appear in 'Captain Marvel', then that's an easy way to remind the audience he exists so - when he bounces back - he's incorporated into the film universe again.

Has Clark Gregg weighed in on his future at all? I'd presume he'd keep his cards close to his chest anyway, but even so I'd be curious if he has at least hinted towards a view about his Marvel career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,060 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

pixelburp wrote: »
    Has Clark Gregg weighed in on his future at all? I'd presume he'd keep his cards close to his chest anyway, but even so I'd be curious if he has at least hinted towards a view about his Marvel career.

He said hes playing younger Coulson in Captain Marvel, hardly a suprise really haha, dont think anything else.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

kerplun k wrote: »
    Infinity War. What do we think? Yay or Nay?
    I think they’ll definitely do it. It’ll be the final shot, straight after the “We’ll be back in a moment”

I think its definitely a nay. When they expected it to wrap up they said the ending of the season would be satisfactory in the sense if it didnt get renewed then it would be a fitting end to the season. That would mean avoiding any potential cliff hangers relating to Infinity War. I think they will stick with the storyline as it is and Coulson dies leaving Daisy to lead the team as has been the whole setup this season. They will make the decision to use the serum to stop Gravaton which means Coulson dies and they manage to avert the future they visited. So theres closure in terms of the future storyline being avoided but the sacrifices to get that mean Coulsons death. Next season being a short one then just focuses on Daisy leading the team, potentially brings Mockingbird and Hunter back for a cameo and wraps everything up with a small mention of Infinity War part 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭pah

I think they'll save the day and Fitzsimmons will turn to Deke. We did it! Then he'll start to fade away to nothing, they'll assume it's because of the broken time loop until moments later when people start fading away everywhere......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭shawki

Spoiler Alert....;)

If only....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

shawki wrote: »
    Spoiler Alert....;)

If only....

Would have made sense why they had to save the budget for the last episode :D

Really enjoyed that. It all came together really well, and the twist at the end was brilliantly done. Would have worked well as a series finale but I think knowing they have one final short season, they can do a lot with it. Looking forward to it.

Advertisement